Your ships name.

Hawk the QM

If'n ye had yerself a ship te call yer own. What be the name?

Mine?

The Seamentia

See-men-shee-ya

"A state of mind caused by long periods of time spent at sea. When one sees the same sex as the opposite sex and a totally hot version of one at that".

Edited by Thequartermaster

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few of small sailboats right now...

My 20' double-ender is called "moondance" and my 13' Mini Skipjack is called "Black Seal"

The littlest and oddly enough, most often used is my sailing dinghy "Tyger". She got named by the crew on a fishing charter out of Yorktown Landing. It had something to do with me trying to chase down and capture the Schooner Alliance late one Summer evening. I almost caught her too. "You get'em, tiger!" and the name stuck.

"No Profit Grows Where is No Pleasure Taken."

Well, if I actually had a ship, or even a sloop (a fond wish, and what keeps me playing the local lottery), I think I'd name it, maybe, the Lady Rose...named after me ould mivver, d'ye see? I got me 8 ft inflatable pontoon boat named the Henry Crun, but that doesn't work for a *proper* vessel. Nor does the Minnie Bannister, for that matter...it might take up sinful saxophone playing.

Damn, thats sharp!

Ooo, a return of this thread. I think the original was lost sometime back.

Again, my vessel (if ever it would be constructed) would be named the Resurrection.

A good amount of info is under my profile/"about me" (I think). But here is an image of what the Resurrection would look like:

Resurrectionstarrynight.jpg

(short form of specs)

An elegantly haunting bloody crimson and charred black hull, elaborately carved with figures of Gods, mythical beings and ghastly images giving the appearance to some a vessel of legend. Masts are charred black with hints of red claimed to be blood. The sails are deep crimson some swear has been soaked blood.

The charred figurehead of a skeletal woman Angel rising from the flames of Hell with the left hand outstretched towards it's prey as though in desperation to grab it while the other holds a blackened heart.

Incorporating sweeps plus fully rigged; square and fore-and-aft sails with studding sail, to ensure it's speed to reach it's destination, be it near or far, be it a prize or a port

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Hmmm I don't know. I will have to think about this a while....

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

The Rakehell has been my virtual ship for about three years now. Ever since I joined the Pub. She's a rake-masted, square-topsail, gaff-rigged schooner, sienna sails, black hull. You can see her in my signature. Don't be fooled into believing that's actually the Lynx sporting false colors.

If I ever did pick 6 and hit the lotto, I'd be sorely tempted to buy one just like her. I, uh, kinda lust after schooners. :rolleyes:

Chain Shot and I own a late 1970s 28' Tollycraft. Her name is Scarab, as her hull and canvas covers are teal green.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Yaaaar what game is that Joe? Looks pretty clean.

Pirates of the Burning Sea mate. Lots of fun. :rolleyes: They did a fairly good job of researching the ships and the art work is exceptional. You can zoom in and actually watch the gun crews loading.

EDIT: They are offering a 14 day free trial if anyone wants to try it out, or you can play Pirates of the Caribbean Online for free but it's more cartoon like.

Panoramic of Marsh Harbour

MarshHarbour.jpg

Edited by Joe Pyrat

JoePyratA.gif

• The Charles Towne Few - We shall sail... The sea will be our empire.

Yaaaar what game is that Joe? Looks pretty clean.

Pirates of the Burning Sea mate. Lots of fun. :rolleyes: They did a fairly good job of researching the ships and the art work is exceptional. You can zoom in and actually watch the gun crews loading.

EDIT: They are offering a 14 day free trial if anyone wants to try it out, or you can play Pirates of the Caribbean Online for free but it's more cartoon like.

Panoramic of Marsh Harbour

MarshHarbour.jpg

I actually own that game but I gave up after a week. I couldn't figure squat out and I hated not being able to change clothes after I made my pirate guy (can you still not change?).

I kept getting killed by awesome pirates. =(

Jack and I co-own a 30" sailboat with another couple. Her name is La Sirena.

She was previously La Pescada Azul, a name given to her by someone who must've gone to a Mexican restaurant and saw Pescado on the menu - and thought "fish", not realising that pescado is fish that has been prepared and is now on their plate rather than swimming around somewhere. And of course, since sailboats are referred to in the feminine, "pescado" was changed to "pescada", making it a non-word. So the name had to go (although we still refer to her fondly as the "blue fish boat".)

We also have a 15'4" Whitehall named The Nutmeg of Consolation (fans of the Aubrey-Maturin books by PatrickO'Brien will get that reference.)

Edited by Red-Handed Jill

RHJMap.jpg

Orange Mermaid

Orange fer the Dutch colors we often fly.

Mermaid fer it be a mariner’s superstition of ill fortune when ye see one.

If ye be sailin alone in the open see, it will indeed be yer unlucky day when the Orange Mermaid comes into range.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

My virtual ship is the Poseidon However if I get my crew in Texas together it will be the Crew of the Hammerhead :lol:

My Reasons:

In the West, the shark is viewed as the world’s greatest predator, and the shark tattoo a symbol of power and fearlessness. It’s been a long tradition among sailors to have a shark tattoo as proof you are not afraid of death at sea – and for protection. Western sailors, always a superstitious lot, regarded the shark as a kind of sea vulture, sniffing out imminent death and hanging around boats, waiting for a meal. If you spotted a shark following your ship, it was ominous, indeed. It could only mean one thing -- someone was about to die.

what our colors might look like..

13801556_400x400.jpg The skull and crossbones would be in the open area of the tail.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

My virtual ship is the Poseidon However if I get my crew in Texas together it will be the Crew of the Hammerhead.

Ahh...the Hammerhead. The name of my first ship.

If I could have but one ship I'm not certain what I would call her, though a working replica of the Watch Dog would be too nice to pass up.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

My virtual ship is the Poseidon However if I get my crew in Texas together it will be the Crew of the Hammerhead.

Ahh...the Hammerhead. The name of my first ship.

Truly?!?!

If I could have but one ship I'm not certain what I would call her, though a working replica of the Watch Dog would be too nice to pass up.

Hopefully one day you shall have her..and the Island to go with her...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Orange Mermaid

Sounds like an Island drink that I can get the ladies tanked on. Hehe I'm just teasin' ya mate :rolleyes:

You tank women? What an odd thing to do. :D

You know the ship's just named that, we don't put rusty nails into a tank and then dunk women in thar trying to make orange mermaids. :D:D

Edited by Graydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

I actually own that game but I gave up after a week. I couldn't figure squat out and I hated not being able to change clothes after I made my pirate guy (can you still not change?).

When you go into the tailor's shop you can change clothes. Tailors are located in the major ports like Tortuga in the back of the auction houses.

PvP is deadly, and their ain't much profit in it so I avoid the PvP zones and pray on the NPCs. The real problem with PotBS is the pirate endgame is the same as any of the empires. If they modified that feature so pirates could operate as pirates instead of the Pirate Empire Navy it would be a great game.

If you get the urge to try again, I'm on the Roberts server, let me know when and where and I'll meet you there. Just look for this scurvy old seadog...

JoePyrat4L.jpg

JoePyratA.gif

• The Charles Towne Few - We shall sail... The sea will be our empire.

When you go into the tailor's shop you can change clothes. Tailors are located in the major ports like Tortuga in the back of the auction houses.

PvP is deadly, and their ain't much profit in it so I avoid the PvP zones and pray on the NPCs. The real problem with PotBS is the pirate endgame is the same as any of the empires. If they modified that feature so pirates could operate as pirates instead of the Pirate Empire Navy it would be a great game.

If you get the urge to try again, I'm on the Roberts server, let me know when and where and I'll meet you there. Just look for this scurvy old seadog...

JoePyrat4L.jpg

Yaaar thank you Joe. I actually dug the game out of my closet and I'll probably be giving it a test spin tonight.

I just hope you're not planning a lead ball enigma for me :rolleyes:

Mmmm... loved this topic!

Our ships name is.. "Granuaille's Revenge"

Why you ask?? (chuckle) I've no idea other then she and I are, in some ways... very much alike. :rolleyes:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif