Drunken sailors left out of rhyme

Story

"Drunken sailors" have been removed from the lyrics of a nursery rhyme in a government-funded books project.

But the Bookstart charity says the re-writing of What Shall We Do With the Drunken Sailor? has "absolutely nothing to do with political correctness".

The charity says that the shift from drunken sailor to "grumpy pirate" was to make the rhyme fit a pirate theme, rather than censorship.

"Put him in the brig until he's sober," has also been lost in the new version.

This latest ideological spat over nursery rhymes was sparked by the re-writing of What Shall We Do With the Drunken Sailor.

Complete story at -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/7860869.stm

Wimpy version -

What shall we do with the grumpy pirate?

Early in the morning

Hooray and up she rises

Hooray and up she rises

Hooray and up she rises

Early in the morning

Do a little jig and make him smile

Early in the morning

Dances for nickels.

Gee I guess Humpty Dumpty is next, after all isn't that about the death of Richard III?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

A'right, this PC nonsense has gone too far.

Not ta worry tho! Thems in the USN an USCG sing all them songs properly!

An will continue ta do so til th end o time!

HUZZAH!!!!

~Black Nate~

Brenpen185.jpg

A ship in a puddle is better than no ship at all

Dear Saint Brendan, to mention your name is to recall much travelling.

It was in relation to voyages that you emerged as a popular Saint.

The Irish became great travelers thus spreading their faith everywhere.

Protect not only mariners but also all those who go down to the sea in ships. Amen.

The charity says that the shift from drunken sailor to "grumpy pirate" was to make the rhyme fit a pirate theme, rather than censorship.

A "Grumpy Pirate" fits a Pirate Theme better than a "Drunken Sailor" ?

"Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep".
the Three Little Pigs fairy tale was turned down by a government agency's awards panel as the subject matter could offend Muslims.

And Little Black Sambo was about an Indian boy, not an Afro/American.... but the PC police got rid of that......

Hey... lets Rainbow wash everything......

Complete story at -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/7860869.stm

Wimpy version -

Early in the morning

:rolleyes: hmmm, but might she be naked when she does that jig now?

That would sober me up in a might hurry....else get something Up early in th' morn it would ^_^

Aye, th' world she be fall'n apart she be, lily livered pansies what think they can truly make this earth some kind o' haven with just a smile, think they can stop all crime and ugliness by tying a pink ribbon round everyone's neck, think take'n guns away from all law abiding citizens will stop crime, ones what actually believe there was once a "Wild West" with no knowledge that it really be th' East Cost what was truly wild for out East they had a ban on guns so only th' 'bad guys' had them, out West th' 'bad guys' where promptly put down and vanquished (from an article citing th' US Census Bureau comparing the number of 'deaths by gun' in East vs West during th' 1800s)

Aye, when people ask me why I would dress as a "ruthless, murderous pirate" and "glorify such people" I can only tell them that "Aye, I do know there were some really bad pirates, but there also be another side, a side what not be written about. There be th' Free Men, those who where turned t' piracy out of sheer desperation t' survive where only those born int' a 'good life' could truly survive. There where those who fled t' th' sea after being sentenced t' hang merely for stealing a loaf o' bread t' feed he's starving family and children; and why where he's family starving, well because th' corrupt governments o' th' time took all he's hard earned coin, said th' taxes where t' run th' community and t' help people...while actually all th' collected taxes do where stuff further th' bellies of royalty and corrupt governors - Let Them Eat Cake - may have been spoken by just one such ruler, but was th' unspoken philosophy o' many then as it be o' many today. Still others turn'd t' piracy for after working their hands t' th' bone they one day realized just who be profiting from all their labors - it was not them! And th' list can go on regarding several o' them ruthless killers and thieves who did not turn t' piracy simply because they where some mentally unstable criminal but rather out o' shear desperation t' survive in a PC world gone mad, one what did not truly care a bilge rat's arse 'bout them or their fellow man, one where Government's Motto was Take all ye can, Give nuth'n back!."

So, what does all that have t' do with th' PC madness o' today and th' ridicules re-writing of an age old traditional song t' appease th' wacked out over-liberal PC-Gestapo of today? Well, it be for th' fact that th' greedy and uncaring rulers of yesterday could not have risen t' power, could not have gotten away with what they did had it not been for th' mindless, brainwashed vermin of the lower society who fell victim t' them and supported them and 'policed' th' lower ranks of society with their vial PC philosophies and demands; unknowingly in all regards actually supporting the vary things and ideals they hated most.

Aye; disarm th' "common man" and only th' criminals will have arms - during th' 1800s bank robbers flourished in th' Eastern Colonies where only they and government appointed 'law officials' had guns; but when they attempted t' Go West, they were promptly put down for out west they were greeted by entire towns that Every Citizen was armed and would not tolerate such folly. Aye, when bank robbers came t' th' so-called "Wild West" they found entire saloons of common citizens drinking and celebrating after a hard day's work, but when th' robbers pulled their pistols - th' entire saloon pulled theirs!

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

""Last year, a story based on the Three Little Pigs fairy tale was turned down by a government agency's awards panel as the subject matter could offend Muslims.

A digital book, re-telling the classic story, was rejected by judges who warned that "the use of pigs raises cultural issues".""

Hey, Scooby Doo, Huckleberry Hound, and any other Dog's out there beware....

It's not just pigs, the Muslims don't like dogs either. Hmm... Wonder if that means a 'doglock' is in danger from political correctness too?

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

Hey... lets Rainbow wash everything......

Careful what he say there Patrick, I hear th' White House be due for a new coat soon.....

Paint Store Owner in D.C.: "What's that? You need 114 gallons of Red, 114 gallons of Yellow, 114 gallons of Green, 114 gallons of Pink, and 114 gallons of Lavender exterior paint delivered to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. and bill it to US Taxpayers? Yes sir, got it, right away!"

::meanwhile, across town::

Flag Maker in D.C.: "What's that you say?....you want a WHAT colored flag delivered to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.???"

^_^

:rolleyes:

...must be one o' them new 'job making' proposals.

the Three Little Pigs fairy tale was turned down by a government agency's awards panel as the subject matter could offend Muslims

That's funny ... I thought we were supposed to worry about offending AMERICANS?

Oh maybe I missed the message because I didn't press 1 to select English.

Good Gods. We've been diluted. :rolleyes: again....

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Careful what he say there Patrick, I hear th' White House be due for a new coat soon.....

Hey they can paint the ....eergh ex-white House (Note: that was NOT a racist comment, I just couldn't figure anyway other way to refer to the building ...(see how far outta wack we've gotten...)) any color they want to.... I just hope if they do go rainbow, they have someone that understand basic Physics, and doesn't forget the indigo like all the gays do.... (look at the Gay flag.... it's missing indigo....)

The spectrum is Roy G. Biv... Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo and Violet.....

Oops... that was insensitive of me.... we gotta be PC, so we can no longer use indigo ...

Hey... what was that language called in George Orwell's 1984 ? Yeah... the one where you couldn't say anything bad about the government.....

Woah... so many people working towards that .....

:blink: Uh Oh! Look Out, Rumba Rue's dancing rainbow PC crayolas are do'n a war dance!!!!

....what I want's t' know is; Since When does 'PC' stand for 'politically correct'?? We pirates been 'round FAR LONGER then them 'PC b @ stards' and PC has always stood fer 'Piratically Correct' ever since Grace O’Malley told Elizabeth t' go F* herself....'n I naught be speak'n o' no Swan here!!!

:P

From afar all I see is that the British have gotten so interested in placating every possible group that they have just out and out given up on being British.

It reminds me of when I was up in Canada working with the Candian Army. One day this Canuck says to me, "To bad you Americans aren't British, that way when somebody called you an Imperialist you could glory in it."

Well, the world done turned again and them days are in the past.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Listen to me and you shall hear, news hath not been this thousand year:

Since Herod, Caesar, and many more, you never heard the like before.

Holy-dayes are despis'd, new fashions are devis'd.

Old Christmas is kickt out of Tow

Yet let's be content, and the times lament, you see the world turn'd upside down.

The wise men did rejoyce to see our Savior Christs Nativity:

The Angels did good tidings bring, the Sheepheards did rejoyce and sing.

Let all honest men, take example by them.

Why should we from good Laws be bound?

Yet let's be content, and the times lament, you see the world turn'd upside down.

Command is given, we must obey, and quite forget old Christmas day:

Kill a thousand men, or a Town regain, we will give thanks and praise amain.

The wine pot shall clinke, we will feast and drinke.

And then strange motions will abound.

Our Lords and Knights, and Gentry too, doe mean old fashions to forgoe:

They set a porter at the gate, that none must enter in thereat.

They count it a sin, when poor people come in.

Hospitality it selfe is drown'd.

The serving men doe sit and whine, and thinke it long ere dinner time:

The Butler's still out of the way, or else my Lady keeps the key,

The poor old cook, in the larder doth look,

Where is no goodnesse to be found,

To conclude, I'le tell you news that's right, Christmas was kil'd at Naseby fight:

Charity was slain at that same time, Jack Tell troth too, a friend of mine,

Likewise then did die, rost beef and shred pie,

Pig, Goose and Capon no quarter found.

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Wot can we do wi' a trillion dollars?

Earlye in the mornin' :D

Certainly NOT entrust it t' a filthy politician, 'specially one what used t' be stink'n lawyer!!

Just look what happen'd t' Last Trillion!!!! :D

.....*it, even drunk I knows better then that!

::'n now, just t' make sure they do naught shut us down with th' Faireness Doctrine::

ah, com'on boys 'n girls, can we not just toss out th' rum 'n th' whiskey 'n just get along?

Everyone gather round now 'n join hands, we gonna sing them blues away!!

Cum By Ah

Cum By All

Cum By Ah

Cum By All

....oh lookie, unicorns 'n rainbows!!!

::'n now a word from th' other side...::

BITE ME!

:D:D:D

Edited by MadL

What do you do with a grumpy pirate?

You give 'em some bloody rum, that'll make 'em happy! And if ye don't believe me, refer to Blackbeard's log entries.

This is the kind of stuff that leads me to believe we are on our last leg as a society.

EDIT: And let us not be pointing too many fingers at the Brits, it looks to me as if we started this PC hog wash trying to placate everyone else in the world.

Edited by Joe Pyrat

JoePyratA.gif

• The Charles Towne Few - We shall sail... The sea will be our empire.