Pirates against cancer

King's Pyrate

The St. John's County, Florida Relay for Life (American Cancer Society) is having the Greater St. Augustine Duck Race and other activities to raise funds to help find a cure for cancer. on April 19th noon till 5 p m

The Duck Race committee has asked if we could find some pirates to pose with the general public as one of the money raising events. The events will include Duck Race, Volley Ball tournament, games, gift drawings, food and photos with pirates.

If you are a pirate who might be interested in donating some time and have some fun while helping us fight cancer please let me know if you can spend some time posing in your garb with our guest supporters.

I thanks ye all for any help you can give.

Joe O'Steen

pabc_blk_web_124.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I’d like to thank all the pirates who are joining us for the “Photo with Pirates” to raise funds for the Relay for Life fight against cancer. The event is Sunday April 19th from noon till 5 p.m. Since fighting seems to come natural for pirates we are sure to help win this one.

They way things are shaping up it is starting to look more like a pirate event than a Charity Duck Race.

The activities are the Race, Photo with Pirates, Volley Ball Tournament, Games for the kids, Door prizes and Hot Dogs n Hamburgers. All to help fund the cure.

There still is lots of room for any pirate who would like to drop by and pose with the public with all the profits going to the RFL.

A Special thanks to the pirates coming from Georgia to support this fund raiser for the cure. You are Very Special People.

Thank You so Much.

Joe

My husband Bloody Sam Rackham and I will be there. I do not know as of yet, how many other members of the Cursed Few will be able to attend. According to our Cap'n, I need to be sweet talking his Missus! Wish me luck, I don't wanna be eatin' rat stew fer a month!

Edited by Calico Ann Rackham

My husband Bloody Sam Rackham and I will be there. I do not know as of yet, how many other members of the Cursed Few will be able to attend. According to our Cap'n, I need to be sweet talking his Missus! Wish me luck, I don't wanna be eatin' rat stew fer a month!

Thank Ye Ma'am...I'll have a man posted in the crosstree ta keep a lookout fer ye and yer crew.

Thank you for supporting our fight against cancer.

Saucy Jack

I wish I was near Florida! I can beat a duck, even with full gear on I could, been chased by many 'n naught a one catch me...well, a wee yellow one once came neigh but as I told he'm "neigh only count in horse shoes!"

Here be a tip for all ye pirates partake'n in th' Duck Race - have yer self a pocket full o' corn seed, just before th' blunderbuss be fired empty it all out on th' ground, then run like heck!! :blink:

Best o' luck with yer event, wish I could be there!

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

I wish I was near Florida! I can beat a duck, even with full gear on I could, been chased by many 'n naught a one catch me...well, a wee yellow one once came neigh but as I told he'm "neigh only count in horse shoes!"

Here be a tip for all ye pirates partake'n in th' Duck Race - have yer self a pocket full o' corn seed, just before th' blunderbuss be fired empty it all out on th' ground, then run like heck!! :blink:

Best o' luck with yer event, wish I could be there!

Thanks MadL

Appreciate the thought

I must say, the Duck Race site is looking good! Looking forward to being a part of it. I put it to our Captain and his mate about being there for the event. No promises but, they will see what they can do.

They did a great job on the site, especially the pirate page.

We had our weekly meeting tonight and when I mentioned the Cursed Few again they were very excited to be seeing you folks again and mentioned adopting you folks as a sister group...we did play nice together at the Pirate Gathering.

The Ancient City Privateers are really getting into the Volley Ball Tournament....the wenches are trying to figure the best way to play in their garb dresses. That should be interesting....lol

Best

Joe

St. Augustine Duck Race Site

Edited by King's Pyrate

One more thought, I am fairly sure that most of the men attending wouldn't mind iffen the wenches play with their costumes just as they are...lol

I would not mind either but the wenches said something about extra petticoats....darn...drat!!!!!!

Excellent...I will clean me pistol...

I have a question about the duck race. Even though we are volunteering there, will we be able to buy a couple ducks for the race? I want to get 4 if I can. 1 in memory of my late father in law and 1 in memory of a dear friends wife that lost her battle in January. 1 in honor of my son that beat it as a child and 1 in honor of my brother in law that is fighting cancer now.

Edited by Calico Ann Rackham

Excellent...I will clean me pistol...

I have a question about the duck race. Even though we are volunteering there, will be be able to buy a couple ducks for the race? I want to get 4 if I can. 1 in memory of my late father in law and 1 in memory of a dear friends life that lost her battle in January. 1 in honor of my son that beat it as a child and 1 in honor of my brother in law that is fighting cancer now.

Yes.....ducks will be on sale the day of the race or I can reserve them for you anytime....Hope your duck wins....

thank you for helping from the bottom of my left.. bodice. I was diagnosed with breast cancer last May and so far its gone, after the surgery and radiation.

and for those of you following how mucch it costs, last estimate is $90,000 before insurance.. enough to make anyone cry.

look at my signiture for my sites- pirates think pink..

and thank you.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

thank you for helping from the bottom of my left.. bodice. I was diagnosed with breast cancer last May and so far its gone, after the surgery and radiation.

and for those of you following how mucch it costs, last estimate is $90,000 before insurance.. enough to make anyone cry.

look at my signiture for my sites- pirates think pink..

and thank you.

We do it because it needs doing......many of us have been touched by cancer.

Mine was a father, others,children, family and friends......together we can win this fight against cancer.

Joe

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...