Let see ye tankard!

oderlesseye

Solid leather 'n pitch lined inside, several times repaired with bee's wax.

I drink from her, drop her, loose her, find her, repair her, drink from her, drop her, repair her, drink from her some more.

After a good coat o' bee's wax EVERYTHING taste so GOOD from her lips!

Tudorrose.jpg

:

....sooo..... :D ....how the hell do ya drynk from it tied down there???....... :huh: ........ :huh: ...right......gotcha... :huh:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

100_1574.jpg

How do I get along with it not holding so much? Well, that is why the pot was invented... To keep a lady's stash of rum concealed from the men and close at hand!

...Why do you think tea parties were (are) so popular, hm?

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

....sooo..... :huh: ....how the hell do ya drynk from it tied down there???....... :huh: ........ :D ...right......gotcha... :huh:

It be all in th' tongue mate...all in th' tongue! :huh:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

I have th' usuall bunch o' tin tankards wi' th' glass bottoms, fer knockin' 'round...

Plus some nice ceramic ones as well...

But fer settin' in m' room, or th' wardroom, I prefer this;

P2010109.jpg

Picked it up too many years ago at a reenactment...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

I have th' usuall bunch o' tin tankards wi' th' glass bottoms, fer knockin' 'round...

Plus some nice ceramic ones as well...

But fer settin' in m' room, or th' wardroom, I prefer this;

P2010109.jpg

Picked it up too many years ago at a reenactment...

if that is a full sized bottle of rum next to it.....then you win fer the biggest tankard out there!!

Edited by M.A.d'Dogge
th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

if that is a full sized bottle of rum next to it.....then you win fer the biggest tankard out there!!

Good gods... if that was a full sized bottle there... It'd take a gallon o' rum ta fill that cup!

And them coins! Huge! An' some giant books!

:rolleyes:

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

i have a tankard that seems to be brass with a serpanty dragon for the handle. i don't have a picture as of yet, but would love some info on it. i was watching a t.v. sitcom "still standing" and one of the caracters on the episode "still drinking" was drinking outa my mug, the dirty bugger.

Bosun Red

An' now Presenting.... Me Tankard....

Crud an' all

Tankard.jpg

It's an all pewter tankard that I got at the Salvation Army for $1.00 about 4 years ago....

I French Hitched the handle, and it has seen a LOT of proper Pyratical use..... Once upon a time, it didn't have all those dents in it...

I'm not sure wot th' crud inside it is.... It might have been from Bloody Mary's a few years ago.... But I figure Rum or wotever I'm drinkin' outta it will kill any of the nasty bugs wot try ter live in it....

Kinda funny how no one tries ter steal my tankard......

And Look.... it still has some Key West stuck to it around th' bottom edge......

Yer tempting fate, Shipmate !!! Don't fergit, Stynky reads this thread too......

Awh... I'm not going ter worry .... 'less I see 'im eyein' me tankard an' clutchin' a buncha stealwool, some sandpaper anna wire brush.... That be about th' only way ter get alla th' crud outta th' tankard.....

I don't think even Stynky would drink outta it wit alla that crud in it..... :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

I set sail upon a drink'n vessel once, but th' capt'n he too got drunk 'n it sunk :lol:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

• 1 month later...

Alright, mates... I'm feeling slightly (just very slightly) guilty this evening...

Why?

I purchased two fine Concord Pewter tankards. Each holdin' 8 oz at least and are very well crafted with NO see-through bottom.

Yeah, yeah... I know some of ye are a bit bewildered. Like I need any more drinkware!

But, reason why I'm not overly guilty... is I got the both of them for only $1.

Yup... only a buck for the pair.

Damn... this keeps up ... I'll be able to supply taverns!

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!