The Columbia’s Revenge

Patrick Hand

Sorry, but, what is a Kepi?

A kepi is that flat topped cap worn during the American Civil War (also refered to as a forage cap). Blue for Union, Grey (and sometimes Butternut (a tannish brown) by the Confederacy. Red ones were worn by some Artiliry officers and the French.(well... OK, the French kinda came up with them first... :unsure: )

I'll have to sketch a few diferent ideas for caps, but I was thinking that a kepi might look kinda cool....

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I finally got around to drawing and Photoshoping it.....

The Flag/Logo/insignia of the Columbia's Revenge.....

CRskull.jpg

(I'm going to paint it on th' back of a coat after I take the sleeves off.)

Tis always a pleasure to spy on ye art Patrick !

Freakin Awesome!

Eye would love to have a patch of this to sew on me kepi ~

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

WOW, Patrick, that is awesome. I second Eyes. I want a patch to sew on my Land Army Coat. Maybe I'll pirate the picture, and embroider it on canvass and make me own patch.

Really, outstanding design. :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Well... I started working on the Columbia's Revenge in 3D in Second Life.....

I still have to do some fiddling to get the air bag and armored hull right, then I can start working on the gondola, and add better textures to it.

Right mow it is made from 13 prims and sculptys, I can use a total of 31 and still make it fly in SL....

CR-1_001.png

• 2 weeks later...

Getting my stuff together for Burning Man.... but last night I added the Columbia's Revenge logo to the back of a coat that I chopped the sleeves offa...

Backofcoat.jpg

I still have to add pockets and epaulets to the coat, and hopefully, I will get some photos of me wearing it at Black Rock City....

OH yeah.... I used a disappearing fabric marker to do the lay-out, and then inked it with a Sharpy....

This was posted in the Airship Pyrate at Burning Man thread..... but it should be here....

Eye found a nother cool Message Board site for steampunkers... Me thinks Patrick could Get the Columbia off the ground here as a real group and eye would join .... be fun to have a Steampunk get together in a year and a bit of planning...Wot say ye Patrick,Ransom? http://steampunk.ning.com/groups

Me procrastinate.......

I finally got around to looking at that web page.....

OK so I will get something started (hopefully kinda soon...)

It's just such an awesome design...still think we need patches for out garb of that one. I may hand-embroider one for my WWII land army coat.

The Columbia's Revenge is looking pretty dang good as well. BTW, what are our colors? Black and white, like a pirate flag, or something different?

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I tried a colored version, and it looks too modern... somehow Black and white looks the best....

I'm having a slight problem getting the script let me fly something as large as the Columbia's Revenge.... but I will keep working on it......

CRdazzle_001.jpg