• Galleon
    • Frigate
    • Moonraker(American style clipper)
    • Composite style clipper(English)
    • Wind Jammer
    • Ship of the Line
    • Galley
    • other

I want one of those Hollywood pirate ships. You know the kind: a towering galleon with a captain's cabin the size of a basketball court with overheads not only high enough to stand upright, but to hang chandeliers from and lots of furniture that never rolls around in a heavy sea and chests spilling doubloons to prop my feet on and--- well, you know the drill.

Quite interestin'.....

here's another thought ta go with th' particular time thing...

Ship class, didn't always mean an exact size...

i.e. we'll use Frigate here... a Frigate could be as big as 80 guns (big) to as small as 28 guns (good size fer Pyratin')

So, that also changes what I'd pick/use fer th' sweet trade....

But, I'll agree wi/ both Cap'n Gary n' Master Hawkyns....

Th' Royaliste is a grande size fer pyratin', and a Sloop or Schooner is perfect as well.. Not too smal, highly manuverable, shallow draft... :lol:

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Well it looks like me choice is gonna come in a distant third but then it always was a sentimental pick. Crow no hard feelings hey mate d*** nice disscusian though. If I may and I'm sure this is some where else whats the story behind your avatar mate. Thankyee all it was a lot of fun mates if'n I see ya in the cafe the java's on me

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

B) Well there hitman there was never any hard feelins an as I lay to it any disscusin around here is always a lively affair. I know what ye mean by lovin the big ships though as they were the best o there time fer what they did . As fer me avatar it is based on my family background and a fondness fer Celtic history and mythology and also an interest in sight hounds . The irish wolfhound and the scottish dearhoud being me favorites . As fer the java as long as ye throws a little rum in it I guess it'll taste alright. B)

Lord above please send a dove with wings as sharp as razors , to cuts the throats of them there blokes what sells bad booze to sailors ..

" Illigitimiti non carborundum . "

But of course me mate. I watched a show on the history channel about the wind Jammers last night and saw something I couldn't belive. The last ship what fought under sail was called the Sea eagler ( think I misspelled it means sea eagle) Damned German count used her as a long range commerce raider in WW I. The Kaiser thought he was insane till he started sinking enemy vessels. B) Course then 'm pretty sure the first guy to take a merchant ship wilst in a canoe was considered a might daft at first too. B)

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET