mini pirates!

great site and a wonderful collection of nasty cutthroats.

I've found that reaper minis have a slightly better price,but not nearly the amount of different pirate characters that the foundry has

reaper's are from $2.50 to $5.00 depending of figure

the foundry sells there packs of six for $18 that makes em $3 apiece +shipping

and then there are the cute little ships that hold the minis-$36

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

28's are a bit small for me, I prefer closer to 54's.

Have you seen these?

http://www.conteco.com/TheStore/Pirates/PIRHome.htm

I particularly like this set :)

http://www.conteco.com/images/Pirates/PIR021.jpg

Hawkyns

:ph34r:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Yeah, conte's a fine company, but a bit pricey. I like that scale, too. What I've found works well is to get yer captain and QM from conte, and then to save money order the rest of yer crew from barzso. Barzso molds are plastic but the quality of the figures is some of the best I've ever seen. That may not be saying much for plastic, but still....also, they have a pirate jolly boat set, a cannon crew set, and, if yer still not happy with yer level of knavery and naval combat, ye can order the F&I colonial militia for privateers and the Redcoat whaleboat crew for marines. The site is http://www.barzso.com

Barzso made a tallship, too, the Hispaniola for the Treasure Island playset. I can't find it for sail. It looks like a decent hull but lousy rigging. Heck, I can replace the rigging. I've even been thinking about building me own hull out of balsa. Anyone have any ship plans they'd care to share?

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

• 2 weeks later...