Lookie what I did

OHHH! MY!!! Glad to hear that ye are recovering. I can't say that I hear enough people that wear their seatbelts, even if they have airbags. Have taken care of many in my life, both as an EMT and as a nurse. Some were not so fortunate. I am very relieved to hear you are alive, and hopefully you will have a speedy recovery to kicking as well. Get well soon! Remember to buckle up everyone!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck with the recovery. Can't wait to hear the pirate version of your injuries (hey, always look for that silver lining). As for the car, well it did it's job. Time to shoot it and get a new one.

Coastie

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

"No shite! There I was mindin me own business on the quarterdeck, when the BIGGEST seagull you ever saw shite right on me. WHAM! Smack on the fore head! Hit me so hard it drove me leg through the plankin and kicked the master gunner in his wooden eye. Well, he was really mad when he came up and commenced to bludgeon me about the skull wi' an 18 pound shot til I got me leg free from the deck and tossed 'im over board." NO SHITE! It happened JUSDT THAT WAY! :blink:

Bo

Well, after a couple of days reflections, I have this to say; nuthin' like a near-death experience to bring a feller out of a funk! It made me realize that all the past recollections and bad memories are just experiences to learn from and move on the best we can. Nothing I can do to change what has happened, and little I can do to shape the future other than carry on as best I know based on those experiences. (I don't think I will use this method of "therapy" next time this happens though! OUCH!!! :D )

Bo

Bo ...thanks for the pyrate story! Made me laugh ...outloud ...at work ...where I am not suppose to be using the internet.

That having been said I am also glad you are out of your funk. now ...to get that same result WITHOUT the same therapy. :D

Im just seeing this...Wow thanks God you are still with us! And Bo don't be doin that again tis an order!!!!

Just turly glad to see you alive and well and telling us what truly happened! :D

Best Wishes Bo and a very speedy recovery!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

:D Wow, Bo, you are a lucky man to still be with us. Chain Shot had a run in with black ice on the freeway last month, but only ended up with a dented bumper on his truck. Looking at the picture of your car is pretty scary. Take care, suh, and I hope your hurts mend soon.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Thanx all. As soon as the leg heals I'm doin a happy dance, but I'd fall on me arse if I tried it now. Stopped on the way home from classes to see the car myself. I didn't go when Jenn...err...Blondie and the kids went to take the shots and get my stuff out. WOW... seein all that blood and hair that used to be attached, and seeing how close that first strike really was.... Ok, so much fer that. Workin on a better "No Shite" tale fer the campfire too.

Captain Bo of the BFT (Blunt Force Trauma) :lol:

Bo

Bo Bo Bo! you are not supposed to go thru the window to get out of the car.. use the door like every body else. :)

thank the stars you are ok.. I would hate to spend a single moment with my MO friend and pirate brethren.. I guess we should be glad you have such a hard head, ay? :P

its been about a year since my encounter with black ice and I barely made that one out alive.. evil stuff!! my car wasnt anywhere near as bad.. shakes herself.. just glad you are doing ok!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

This seldom happens ...at times I am glad I live in Southern New Jersey (or as we call it South Jersey). We have black ice but we have no hills so you don't go far and even if you go far in the urban/suburban areas we are so populated there is no place to go ...bam! you hit someone's lawn. lol

Bo my friend, I told you no more drinking and chasing deer on those danged Mo hills! :P

Seriously though, I am glad that you where able to get away at all - that was definately way to close for comfort. Recovery will be slow and a painful b**** but, you will get there. Have you "the word" on what damage was done to your knee? Plans for physical therapy?

Take it easy and rest often my friend. If ya need anything just holler - your area isn't that much of a drive from here.

Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

The knee is not damaged too bad, just a bit swollen still and makes slow going on campus. already abandoned the crutches for a souvenier my sister brought me back from Ireland ten years ago. A blackthorn walking cane with a copper lyre (sic)? on it. How did she know I'd need it ten years ago? :P

I like all this attention so much I'm already plotting my next escapade!! I told Blondie that when the insurance pays out, I'm buying another motorcycle to ride to school for the remainder of the year since it's almost spring anyhow. She didn't think it was too funny though. Glad I'm already hurt or she mighta clobbered me! :P

Bo

Wow, sorry I missed this earlier.

Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

-Greydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Damn Lucky Man ye be! It be one hellva way to get a few scars!

Thank God ye be OK! Well Ok.... I thank You God Old Bo be Ok! Aye!

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Black ice is actually a thin sheet of clear ice which when over a road looks black because you can actually see the road through it... so the problem being you usually don't realize you are hitting an ice patch until its too late

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Them New Scars Don'T Count!!! They have t' be made by blade or shot t' count they do!!

No more cheating Capt'n Bo!! Ye get yerself healed up then go out and get Real Battle Scars right proper and legal now!

:P

...well, at least now someone else knows what I leaned 'bout them seatbelt do-hickies, they really do work!

(I'm still one totaled car and one totaled motorcycle ahead o' ye Capt'n Bo :P )

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Aye, I can say Road Rash, after broad siding a car going 45...me, not the car, I don't know how fast he was going.

I guess ye win then for me dirt bike spill in Baja don't count cuse th' darn bike still ran after, unlike me poor 1961 Triumph....if ye already knew about them then why didn't ye warn me!!! Come t' think about it, that was right about 1979 too I think...Freaky!!!

:P(good thing I didn't tell him about skateboard racing down Mt. Wilson, or me 10-speed...or the Big Wheel!!)

OMG! Bo!

Give us a massive fright! Good God man!

Praises be that ye be alive! Prayers ye heal fast and health restored to ye.

Again, Good God, man!

:P I'm sure hugs would NOT feel good right now, aye?

Lucky man indeed.

Now ye folks know why I cringe at the mere mention or sight of ICE. Nasty stuff it is.

Rest up and take care of yo'rself, Bo.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

MadL, sounds like you and me need to do a cross country tour together! :P:P:P The world will never survive with us at the wheel! Damn the torpedoes, hard at 'em mate!

I have cheated death so often that he is gettin' serious these days. Sounds like we have something in common here. My ma hit a fire-plug head on when I was 9, we had a 66 chevy with a all metal dash. That was my first real bad one. Things get really scary from that point on. The next bad ones involve things I shouldn't relate in cyberspace. Some of those biker club things are best kept to meself. :ph34r: I'll just say that after loss of blood I passed out and left the roadway, but escaped with my life. My Sportster survived after an extensive rebuild, so I won't count that one either.

Dude, how did we make it this far? I'm an agnostic, and don't believe the creation has much to do with us after we get energized in these bodies. But I do respect and appreciate everyone's prayers and belief systems. I could be wrong after all. I often wonder if there is a guiding hand why it would want to keep me around considering everything I've done and took my little girl at age 5 1/2 on a christmas day in 1993. Don't make no sense to me. Ah well, now I'm ramblin'. Keep the rubber down MadL! see ya in paradise some day.

We got our insurance already! Found another 2002 Malibu we're going to look at this a.m. This one is gold intead of teal/green and doesn't have as many bells and whistles on it. But after surviving that crash and the gas milage the other one got, I am sure I can do without the rear window de-icer and automatic trunk opener. :P

*in my best Bullwinkle voice* "Now for my next trick... :P "

Bo

I've seen me face flying straight at the passenger window of a car what ran a red light, closed me eyes for the passenger looked a might scared, then....some how I will never know, found myself rolling across the gas station driveway on the other side of the intersection. Then I found myself on a Mr. Toad's Wild Ride down the side of a mountain when I missed a turn in the dark, ping-ponged off several trees what ripped me knuckles nearly t' the bone (hey, that was a Honda!). On th' same mountain several years earlier was th' skateboard what missed a turn too and took me airborne off a 40 foot cliff...skateboard wheels don't work too well on dirt I learned, but at it was nearly vertical it was probably better dirt then cement I suppose.

Then on four wheels, as a lad me father fell asleep in our family station wagon, me and me sibling bros where asleep in the back, no one wore seatbelts in th' 60s, we all woke up feeling like pieces of chicken in a Shake-n-Bake sake (do they still make those?). In me own cars/trucks, I watched a man come flying twice th' speed limit in the rain on an underpass, knowing he wasnt going to stop and knowing I had no where t' go for I was stopped at a busy intersection I just braced for impact; some how that sucker sent me VW bug flying through all that traffic and I didn't hit a single car, but I did wrap th' hood around a lamp post on th' other corner. Then I watched as some crazy lady dragged raced another car as they battled for who would get t' the right turn lane first; she was in my lane, the one what went straight, and I was stopped behind about eight other cars...again I saw it coming and braked for impact, she planted her 240Z (or what ever) under th' back o' me pickup, lifting me off the rear wheels and then raming me into th' car in front and he'm into the next - they both got out and started yelling at ME??? Then there was th' icy hill in Dexhiem Germany, I made it half way up before loosing it, then lost it all th' way down taking out a winery sign and a small tree...the town charged me about 600 DM for the tree but the winery owner asked for nothing...I went back later and purchased a bottle of fine wine from he'm. Then back in the US was th' crazed Canadian big rig truck driver who did not only rear end me on the freeway but drove his truck UP INTO the bed of me Toyota pickup - Aye, I know yer words in yer first post well - - once I realized it was a big rig latched on behind for why I could not control me steering, he was ramming off the highway, about a 30 foot drop with trees was ahead, my truck going north but poiniting north-east?? I told meself "This is gonna hurt!" then in an instant I found myself in a mad spin, he had realized I was there and apparently hit his breaks sending me doing 360s across all lanes, I fought th' wheel trying to get control, at one point giving up and releasing the wheel telling meself "this is it, I am going t' die" but then refusing to go this way I grabbed th' wheel (what must have been broken for it felt totally loose) and continued to try and regain control, then I saw th' small concrete burm divider coming and all th' south bound cars as I spun yet around again (I figure around 6 maybe 7 times I spun) and thought for sure I would flip right over that divider at this rate of speed, into oncoming traffic, heavy traffic; I closed me eyes and said "Goodbye"; but suddenly there was another CRASH and I stopped moving...some crazy illegal guy tried racing around me spinning car but did not make it, he managed however t' get pinned between me and the divider, bring my truck to a stop!

Odd about that one; I jumped out of the truck, closing the door behind me, and saw th' crazy trucker dissapering out of sight up th' 405Fwy when suddenly another car pulled up holding out his cell phone, he told me "Don't worry, WE are chasing him down" then drove off, I though "hu?". So then I turned back t' me truck and reached to open th' door - but th' door did not open, I could not even feel th' door handle, so I tried again, still nothing, then I realized; my arm was still hanging at my side - no matter how hard I tried I could not lift my arm, yet there was no pain...until about 20 minutes latter, then there was LOTS of pain; my head, my right arm, my left shoulder, my right knee, and a HUGE bruise on my hip where the seatbelt drove th' pager on me belt into me side! The bed of the truck was all torn up, it was now resting Higher then th' cab!!

Then....aye, I aint done yet, then just a few years ago the truck that I got t' replace that one was struck by a tiny little car that was struck by a big Suburban, it rammed me into th' car infront and he'm into th' next - FIVE cars in all, four of us minding our own business waiting for a red light t' change. They had t' use a tow truck t' rip the little car off the back end of me truck. THEN the truck I got t' replace that one got rear ended less then a year after that; on me way t' work barely a year ago, again at a stop light, BUT this time I was ready, I held fast and just barely saved th' guy in front of me from being involved - by about an inch! But th' impact was enough t' bend th' chassis, tweek th' bed and even th' cab, knocked th' radio right out of the dash! So th' insurance declared it a total loss.

Also there was th' time I nearly drove a tank off a cliff in th' desert, but 'almost' don't count (C.E.V. an M60A1 modified). But all them trees I felled in Georgia, that was no 'accident', th' Post Commander said we were to get our A.V.L.B. (another M60A1 modification) on sight ASAP and since there was no tail I told th' tank commander t' lower his seat and lock he's hatch and I will wake him when we arrive! It be an amazing sight t' see a thick wooded forest just open up before yer eyes as they fall like toothpicks, twas like th' parting of the Green Sea it was!

But I still do naught understand why Gas' wife and me roommate, 'T', were so afraid when ever they get in a car with me? And why me little bother refuses t' drive t' th' ski slopes with me either.....I always shower before I go somewhere? They can crack th' window if they want too....maybe it be because I play th' radio so loud??

Now Roller Skates; THEM are DANGEROUS!!