Port Washington Pirate Fest '09

LadyBarbossa

Port Washington, WI

June 5 - 7, 2009

Only a few months away, but we all know what will come mighty quickly!

Anyone thinkin' about attending?

Anyone hear of any details or info on the Pirate Fest? Especially the Battle? The Parade? Breakfast with the Pirates? Ship Cruise? anything else?

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Tis Blackbeards for the Archangel crewe that weekend... Why did they move up the date?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

:::Shrugs::: always th' first full weekend of June. :)

Th' Archangels 'll be missed. That's fo' sure.

~Lady B

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's more than well worth it, Hannah... even with the storms. Granted the storms do dampen the event some... but we pirates do come out of the woodwork to revive it well enough.

Lots of potential this event has. Great parts about it - the main daily scenario, the parade, Breakfast with the Pirates, the Buccaneer Bash, Rides on the Windy and so much more!

I think right now... I'm looking for a vehicle that is big enough and will function to bring up the stuff I need to for the Resurrection.

~Lady B

agreed this event is worth going to.. always something fun and unexpected going on.. good people to work with..

Duchess..I'm not surprised you have minions. Just surporised it took you this long to bring..

and will they be for sale?? hmm?

(looking forward to seeing you and Mr DB, I hope, luv? both of you make the event just that much more special!)

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

• 2 months later...

Anyone else out there hear anything about the Festival - what's going on, etc?

~Lady B

just got the OFFICIAL SCRIPT for the battle.....so looks like their plannion on playin...

MD you plan to be at Blackbeards right?

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

Official script? There be a scenario?

::le sigh:: Had mentioned and all to be a part of it all again this year but got no response other than from TJ (last years Jack Sparrow) trying to keep us updated on the going on's (which wasn't much cause he didn't know much either, and he's on the Board).

Dogge... could ye fwd me the script? Or is it something you can't hand out? Do they need people to help out?

I'm rather frustrated that there has been too much exclusion this year. And I'm not hearing enough to really convince me to do this event this year! It's incredibly frustrating! :D

~Lady B

just got the OFFICIAL SCRIPT for the battle.....so looks like their plannion on playin...

Hey M.A.d'Dogge, didn't you tell them that you had 'other' plans?

And when you say "their plannion on playin" who are they...exactly?

Edited by Cheeky Actress

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Yeah, seems to be cursed with the bad weather in the past two years. 2006 was perfect weather though. Hoping it will be perfect weather this year though.

~Lady B

Hey M.A.d'Dogge, didn't you tell them that you had 'other' plans?

And when you say "their plannion on playin" who are they...exactly?

nope...caint make Blackbeards this year....or any other while its on the Wifes Birthday.....thinkin they did that on purpose!?!?!

and the Arhangel crewe is still invited to participate within the FIGHT SCENARIO...not all can make the trip to Blackbeards....so whom ever is left....can still participate in Port Washington....but for me???.....i'll be stayin home that weekend.

"THEY" be the fight choreographers....my buddys from when we were infants and learned to sword fight together

oi...Lady B...pm me with yur e-mail....i send ya a copy

only place they have openings left are for "shooters" pretty much same as last year

Edited by M.A.d'Dogge
th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Me and me wench were among the masses last year, and will be again this year. I look forward to meeting some new faces and buying some drinks.

Ye can surely spot me by me wench and my huge, NEVER EMPTY, wooden mug...

As strange as it may be to say, I look forward to the torrential weather again also...I'm not afraid to get wet.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahoy Friends!

The Port Washington Pirate Festival is well on the way for the 2009 season. We've had some hands changing in preparation for this year but please rest assured that the event is very much in the works.

I invite you to visit our updated website at http://www.portpiratefestival.com for the latest information on the event. The daily schedule will be posted shortly.

There is sad news regarding Breakfast with the Pirates: Wilson House has closed its doors. The state elected to re-pave Hwy-32 running through the downtown area and that was the nail in the coffin for this fine restaurant. (Another downtown venue that didn't make it through the economy was the Wind Rose bar.) We're currently looking for another Port Washington dining establishment to host the activity. I'll post it here and on the web site as soon as we have it nailed down.

We recently had some good press in BizTimes: http://www.deancalin.com/pdf/BizTimes20090521.pdf

We are looking forward to seeing many of you in Port Washington this year!

Dean Calin

Marketing Manager

Port Washington Pirate Festival

www.portpiratefestival.com

portmarketing@deancalin.com

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

Well, I received some timely news this evening:

New!

Souvenir Pictures with the Pirates by Portrait's Today:

Sat. 10-6 & Sun 10-4. located on festival grounds.

New!

Breakfast with the Pirates. Sat 8-11am: special menu & Sun 8-10am: buffet. Newport Shores Restaurant, 407 E Jackson Street. Reservations This has been an enormously popular event so reservations are strongly suggested: 262-284-6838.

Dean Calin

Marketing Manager

Port Washington Pirate Festival

www.portpiratefestival.com

portmarketing@deancalin.com

Edited by CapnJake

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com