Pirates of Tortuga (the details)

Jamaica Rose

May 31 to thru June 21, 2009 (weekends): Pirates of Tortuga

South Orange, NEW JERSEY

11 a.m. - 6 p.m.

Join the adventure on the Pirate Island of Tortuga. Your day will be filled with comedy, song, fairytales, puppets, and a living chess match. Join soldiers and pirates on a quest for treasure through the Enchanted Forest at this one of a kind family event. Admission: $15 adults, $9 senior citizens (children 10 and under free). $5 off coupon here. Contact: Noreen Dunn, Dun-Ley Productions, 28 Fordum Suite 2A, Somerset, NJ 08875, (732) 271-1119, email: dunn-ley@njkingdom.com, Site: South Mountain Reservation, Tulip Springs Section-Cherry Ln, South Orange, NJ / Booths: 20+ / Attendance: 20,000 / Weapons: must be sheathed and peace-tied / Hotels and camping nearby.

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven

• 4 months later...

I read in the New Jersey Star Ledger's Magazine 'Inside Jersey' some important news regarding the NJ Renaissance Festival and Kingdom.

IT IS NOT GOING TO BE PIRATES THIS YEAR :-(

In the NJ paper, Star Ledger magazine "Inside Jersey" on page 88 was the following information...

"Paging Lords and ladies, The new Jersey Renaissance Festival and Kingdom will celebrate its 20th anniversary with a big "huzzah!" this month, in a new location: the Red Mill Museum Village in Clinton.

As part of its anniversary celebration, the kingdom, which was taken over by pirates for the past couple oyears at the south mountain reservation in West Orange, will return to its original theme of Camelot overseen by King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. On hundred actors in Renaissance attire will interact with the public.........." the article continues, but as you can see, there is a problem with us attending. Their site http://www.njkingdom.com is confirming the article.

Since the contact is still related to njkingdom.com, I believe the Pirates of Tortuga is from last years information, please correct me if I am wrong and there still will be a pirate event in West Orange, but from what I read, I believe anyone going to see pirates will be disappointed.

Edited by Littleneckhalfshell

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I