To Kindle yer interest ...

greenighs

Found a great site to download ebooks for digital reading devices, with a subsection on Pirate Literature. Now you can carry all your favorite swashbucklin' tales with ye an' still travel light! I hope there are some among ye who will find this info useful, though obviously in no way authentic or period correct. :D

Pirate Tales on Manybooks.net

Too bad they aint got th' Scarecrow series, there still be a couple I have yet t' find in PDF :rolleyes:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Too bad they aint got th' Scarecrow series, there still be a couple I have yet t' find in PDF :rolleyes:

It's mostly literature that's in the public domain, from Project Gutenberg and similar orgs. What makes Manybooks so good, though, is how well it's indexed and organized, and how many formats it offers. I got a Kindle for Christmas, and I've downloaded the complete A Thousand Nights and A Night, the Sir Richard Burton translation, for free, as well as most of the classic Pirate lit titles they've got. I have a lifetime of reading I can carry around with me, for access instantly, all for free. I still like real paper books, mind you, but you can't beat the convenience and sheer coolness of electronic paper. :rolleyes:

Aye this be true, I picked meself up a couple new off Manybooks that was naught linked at th' other place I plunder (can naught recall th' port off hand) but ye must admit there be one major draw back t' this 'electronic paper' of which ye speak - it makes LOUSY roll'n o' cartridges 'n it really tends t' gum up me barrel!!

:rolleyes:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!