What do you hate in a pirate?

Jib

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I like the analogy in Harbormaster's quote. We're mostly just children dressing up and playing pirate. I can remember many summer days spent sword fighting with sticks from my Grandmother's wood pile. The same stick would become a Winchester rifle or an M1 Garand depending on our whims. For some of us playing pirate means perfectly accurate props and clothing, for others a stick may stand in for a sword. It's the game that counts, not the toys.

I do admit, however, that I find the bad accents a little annoying, but if that's what helps people "feel like a pirate" then I say have fun and enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...

Pirates friends: I am the person who started this nasty thread way back. "hangs head in shame" I have regretted it ever since. Your comments about supporting the pirate community and helping new people enter the hobby are the true essence of this site. Posters like Patrick Hand, Mission, Capt. Sterling, and others have all voiced some great complaints about this post. This topic was my fault and it was a bad idea.

Will you forgive me or am I to be left on a desert island with a pistol and one shot?

You are forgiven but know that I also hate the thought of being left on an island with simply a pistol and one shot. I wouldn't wish it on myself so nor would I wish it upon you.

SO NAH! tongue.gif

Charity Ann Rackham

Captain of the Jade Dragon

Admiral of the Rackham Fleet

British Columbia, Canada

FaceBook (Christina Carr AKA Charity Ann Rackham - as well as a Jade Dragon Pirates page)

Myspace (carrhunger is the personal one and Jadedragonpirates is the other)

BCRF page is: http://www.bcrenfest.com

Jade Dragon: http://www.jadedragonpirates.com

May our ships pass peacefully in the night. Note I say nothing of the day.

JDpyracy150.jpg

Yeah, Hate sucks. But I will have to say that it "grinds my gears" (not that I've ever done pirate-specific stuff, mostly Renfaires, colonial reenacting, and Civil War and a few things in-between. I've experienced my fair share of "pirates") not how people dress, but how some people expect that they can behave irresponsibly and disrespectfully and saying "Oh, I'm a pirate" and that's a creditable excuse. Luckily, I haven't met here nor have I heard tell of anyone on here that is that way. As my mum says "No matter where you go, there you are." It stands, even when you're in pirate garb.

And I fully support Sir Patrick's stance with the rest of ya.

If you're gonna swing, swing for the fences...if you're going after Jaws, bring along the tartar sauce.