What do you hate in a pirate?

Jib

I hate it when a pirate is wearing a sugerloaf helmet on deck..oh, and spurs. :rolleyes:

Just watch Cutthroat Island, have we? LOL B)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it when a pirate is wearing a sugerloaf helmet on deck..oh, and spurs. :rolleyes:

What about when the pirates ride the seahorses?

They NEED those spurs!

Oh, and I would HATE a musket ball in a pirate.

Edited by Tartan Jack

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

Pyrates who think that Cuervo Gold is a premium tequila :rolleyes:

Nah! I don't really hate pyrates like that. But I do feel that it's

my duty to educate them (lol).

Edited by CaptainSatan

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

I hate those that hate pirates.

Woodes Rogers, for one.

Ah Woodes Rogers, my hero! Him and Benjamin Hornigold

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

This is mostly an SCA thing. But I am not found of people who have a persona

where they were born into Danish royalty, kidnapped by Russians, stolen by gypsies,

ran away to join a traveling troupe of actors, then became pirates that were captured

and sold into slavery by the Spaniards, then they escaped and became Anglo Samurais,

that went on to invent television after they became vampire vegetarian Wiccans that

intermarried with Norse-Klingon acrobats.

Know who I'm talking about?

At first I didn't laugh, but as it progressed into absurdity, I couldn't stop laughing. Yes. I know the type. Best to come from humble beginings and to have stories of bad luck, fair luck, and good luck in honest proportions.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

How about pirates who feel the need to play a clavichord, Im just praticing so far. I hear they can be a PITA to build . . .

Sorry Shay, yes Im going to build you the clavichord and Im going to try not to complain too much.

I don't think that anyone can object to a clavichord - no one can hear it!tongue.gif

At least mine is pretty quiet, even when played in a small room.

Mark

:blink: (<---I love that one!)

If you love that one, you would've loved the old version. It was Mission's favorite smilie as I recall.

Ah, yes, Phydeaux. It looked like a damned dog panting. Many people abused poor Phydeaux, using him to represent concupiscence when he, in fact (according to Paul - who I believe made him) didn't.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Does anyone here LIKE Woodes Roger?

- That pirate hunting exiling ****** . . .

(He's the one that took over New Providence and drove off all active pirates, then hunted them down (or had their former coulegues do it for him.)

I like the guy immensely. He's the reason I get to go to the Bahamas each year on the government's dime. A right good egg in my book.

-- Hurricane (aka, Gov. Woodes Rogers)

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

How about pirates who feel the need to play a clavichord, Im just praticing so far. I hear they can be a PITA to build . . .

Shut that bloody bouzouki up!

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

I've been told I look like the Quaker Oats guy. It must be the hat.

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 1 year later...

I hate the pirates who leave a story in the middle of the thread and dissapear into Davy Jones' Locker without notice. If you got sick of us and want to get marrooned on a desert island, tell us at least... and take care to finish your thread / story first!

And I also hate those who come to write but they don't want to make any research at all, and you can find wedding photos and pianos in their stories... hello, they weren't invented yet in 1700s!

"Bouzouki? Where is a bouzouki?" I'd love a serenade! I'd even translate for you into English the verses of old Greek songs for this!

Edited by Elena

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

"Bouzouki? Where is a bouzouki?" I'd love a serenade! I'd even translate for you into English the verses of old Greek songs for this!

Oh, that was a Monty Python reference:

. How it relates to a clavichord in my mind could take years to explain and cost millions of lives.

(That's an Animal House reference.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Does anyone here LIKE Woodes Roger?

- That pirate hunting exiling ****** . . .

(He's the one that took over New Providence and drove off all active pirates, then hunted them down (or had their former coulegues do it for him.)

I like the guy immensely. He's the reason I get to go to the Bahamas each year on the government's dime. A right good egg in my book.

-- Hurricane (aka, Gov. Woodes Rogers)

Well, on "Before the Mast" we have him too, as a NPC... and for the moment being I was playing him (here the NPCs are borrowed by aybody who needs them in a thread)

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

• 8 months later...

Was having this very discussion with a promoter the other day. We decided that we don't really like (Hate is such a harsh word) pirates who do the eat and drink thing too much. If you did all of that at sea you'd get sick and weak and prime picking for other ships and crewmates. The promoter was looking at it from a 'what is the aspects we can sell to the families and what shouldn't we influence the kids with.' I was looking at it as 'who do I want on board when the other ship comes after us.' Both very valid points and reasonings.

;)

Charity Ann Rackham

Captain of the Jade Dragon

Admiral of the Rackham Fleet

British Columbia, Canada

FaceBook (Christina Carr AKA Charity Ann Rackham - as well as a Jade Dragon Pirates page)

Myspace (carrhunger is the personal one and Jadedragonpirates is the other)

BCRF page is: http://www.bcrenfest.com

Jade Dragon: http://www.jadedragonpirates.com

May our ships pass peacefully in the night. Note I say nothing of the day.

JDpyracy150.jpg

Being a blend of PC and Hollywood I tread lightly on the subject. I don't mind the sparrow comments. I enjoy it when kids point me out and say "Jack Sparrow, mommy". I won't dog on people for not being PC because well I love my bucket boots. What kinda irks me though is the constant ahrr's I get. There is nothing really that can be done about it though because it is really the first thing that comes to mind with most people and pirates, so I just the subject lay.

smythesig-2.jpg

Pirates friends: I am the person who started this nasty thread way back. "hangs head in shame" I have regretted it ever since. Your comments about supporting the pirate community and helping new people enter the hobby are the true essence of this site. Posters like Patrick Hand, Mission, Capt. Sterling, and others have all voiced some great complaints about this post. This topic was my fault and it was a bad idea.

Will you forgive me or am I to be left on a desert island with a pistol and one shot?