OLD UPGRADEs & BUG REPORTS

Stynky Tudor

Not that you'll be able to access this thread and get at this link if the Pub goes down, but over at our Sister Ship - Black Syren's Ye Olde Tavern, I'll try and keep everyone posted when problems occur.

Black Syren's Ye Olde Tavern > Pyracy Pub Status & Support Thread

Anytime there is a technical Pyracy Pub problem, try to report it here if you can, but also report it on, Black Syren's Ye Olde Tavern > Pyracy Pub Status & Support Thread. Date, time and what the problem is - is important.

Thank you everyone for your patients.

- Stynk

Pyracy Pub Down Time

It seems that server slowed to crawl and crashed a few times last night. I'm not sure that anyone lost anything, I think it just resulted in a lot of frustration and double posts. If there is anyone else that experiencing problems, please let me know here - post the date, time and let me know what the problems are so I can track the problem.

- Thanks Jamaica, Animal, Black Syren for the heads up.

You can always check on the Pub's status and find out what's happening at Black Syren's Ye Old Tavern.

Black Syren's Ye Olde Tavern

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Ye_Olde_Tavern/index.php

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Ye_Olde_Tavern...p?showtopic=297

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pyracy Pub Down Time

It seems that server slowed to crawl and crashed a few times last night. I'm not sure that anyone lost anything, I think it just resulted in a lot of frustration and double posts. If there is anyone else that experiencing problems, please let me know here - post the date, time and let me know what the problems are so I can track the problem.

- Thanks Jamaica, Animal, Black Syren for the heads up.

***Animal stumbles in and takes a bow almost falling ass over tea kettle*** yer welcum, Stynky

Aminal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Ahoy there Shipmates,

Sorry for the intrusion but as some of you have noticed, the Pub has an intermittent glitch. No one has reported losing anything, just periodic sluggishness, irregular crashes and server error screens.

Rather than waiting around until things get worse, I'm going to move us over to a new web server. For most of you this will mean absolutely nothing since you didn't even know there was a problem. And with any luck, none of you will even know we've moved.

Ideally it will be a painless transition for us and everything should run faster in the end. But since it is a move to all new hardware - there's bound to be some glitches and maybe even some down time.

If by chance the move turns disastrous - make sure to check in at our Sister site, Black Syren's Ye Olde Tavern, I'll be keeping everyone posted as to what's going on in Black Syren's Ye Olde Tavern > Pyracy Pub Status & Support Thread.

Happy New Year!

Ugh. . .

- Stynky

Black Syren's Ye Olde Tavern

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Ye_Olde_Tavern/index.php

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Ye_Olde_Tavern...p?showtopic=297

The Pub is open. . . sort of.

The fact is we haven't actually moved yet, but we're inline to do so. . . sometime within the week.

So instead of starving you guys out - I've opened her up. And those of you that dare will have to deal with the irregular weirdness that keeps happening and the weirdness that will undoubtedly happen when we actually get moved.

Try not to get annoyed.

I also appreciate the fact that you slapped up a notice telling us what the deal was when we tried to ck in, rather than getting some confusing server notice denying us entry.

Thanks again, Stynky. As Martha would say "Communication = it's a good thing" :P

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I also appreciate the fact that you slapped up a notice telling us what the deal was when we tried to ck in, rather than getting some confusing server notice denying us entry.

Thanks again, Stynky. As Martha would say "Communication = it's a good thing" :P

:P LOL I love Martha.

And those of you that dare will have to deal with the irregular weirdness that keeps happening and the weirdness that will undoubtedly happen when we actually get moved.

Try not to get annoyed.

Let's see a bunch of adults that dress up like pirates from hundreds of years ago. Just what would count as weird to us?

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

And those of you that dare will have to deal with the irregular weirdness that keeps happening and the weirdness that will undoubtedly happen when we actually get moved.

Try not to get annoyed.

Let's see a bunch of adults that dress up like pirates from hundreds of years ago. Just what would count as weird to us?

<_< Indeed Sir!

Oh that was a question, a question to me. . .

I know - talking to one's self in third person and bothering to type it out for other people to voyeuristic read is kind of weird. Wait never mind, we all do that.

I think I want a different question, I'll take "Spontaneous Human Combustion" for $200. Greydog please.

Just to let everyone know, except for a few glitches a major outage where the Pub completely vanished for last Thursday, around 9:30PM EST, the Pyracy.com Pub webite has completed a relatively smooth transition to it’s new webserver. In fact I have received a confirmation notice telling me so – so it must be true, not to mention that I just got the bill. By all accounts we seem to be running smoothly.

I guess it’s time to get back on some of those legacy message board and gallery issues.

- Stynky

I think I want a different question, I'll take "Spontaneous Human Combustion" for $200. Greydog please.

Spontaneous human combustion (SHC) is the burning of the human body without an external source of ignition. As it is an unproven natural phenomenon, there is much speculation and controversy regarding SHC. In most cases, a small shrunken skull, part of a leg(s) (with the clothing still on,) or sometimes both are found in the remains of the person thought to have combusted. Most cases upon closer investigation have drawn close association with over proofed rum. Pyrates ye be warned.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

• 4 weeks later...

First off, I am glad that the pub isn't down for the count and once more has risen from the murky depths of unforgivable waters known as the internet (some kind of fishing net for 'inter's' whatever they be)

But Wot happened? and what the heck is a 'go daddy' sounds creepy.

Edited by Littleneckhalfshell

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

There was a great disturbance in the Force.

That and some snafu involving the paying of bill for the website address - which belongs to Go Daddy!, featuring Danica Patrick in tight Go Daddy! clothing. (She used to be so classy, too. Now she's a sell out. (She's a race car driver, right?)) Anyhow, Stynky didn't have the ability to pay the bill, it was still going to the old owners who didn't do anything about it. So we can't even blame him. Damn it.

[Edit] I Googled Danica, which provided several recent photos of her at the top of the search and I take back the comment about her being classy. Although she does have a nice tattoo of the American flag at the base of her spine. (Why do I now know this?)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG