OLD UPGRADEs & BUG REPORTS

Stynky Tudor

To whom can do something about it ...

Patrick can't find the pub. He let us know on "Ye Olde Tavern"

Patrick Hand,Jul 14 2009, 05:17 AM

If anyone else can get into the Pub......

HEY... I keep getting a 400 error.... .

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Size of a request header field exceeds server limit

No one else seams to be having this problem..... but I can't get into the Pub..... I re-started my computer, I hard typed the address in... but I keep getting the same message..... 400... WAGH......

I just tired Googleing the Pub... try to get in that way.... still getting the 400 error message.........

So I ain't dead or nothin... I just can't get inter th' Pub.......

We miss him ...can you get him back?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaddaya' think about maybe moving the "Toss My Cookies" selection text over to the right side of the bottom of the screen? It's too near the "Mark Board as Read" selection text for comfort. I can just see myself accidentally clicking the wrong thing and wiping out my stored info. (Who the heck even wants such a function, anyhow? If you want to delete your cookies, you can just go into the cookies folder and wipe them out.)

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Jaysus, Mary n Joseph!!!!!!!!

Look wot happens when yer away!

Lookin.... very different!

Upgrading is good, might take a wee time ta get used ta th new surroundings....

~Black Nate~

Brenpen185.jpg

A ship in a puddle is better than no ship at all

Dear Saint Brendan, to mention your name is to recall much travelling.

It was in relation to voyages that you emerged as a popular Saint.

The Irish became great travelers thus spreading their faith everywhere.

Protect not only mariners but also all those who go down to the sea in ships. Amen.

im not sure if its just me, bbuut im trying to make a new account, and it keeps saying iv done the challenge question wrong when i KNOW i typed what was in the box(spaces and all). And speaking of spaces, is the "no spaces or characters" in the username thing gonna stick around?

Monsieur René Truffaut - Sailor - grenadier - flibustier - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

im not sure if its just me, bbuut im trying to make a new account, and it keeps saying iv done the challenge question wrong when i KNOW i typed what was in the box(spaces and all). And speaking of spaces, is the "no spaces or characters" in the username thing gonna stick around?

I'm away at an event in Baltimore (non-pyrate specific) right now and can't dig into this real deep, but maybe I have a security setting ratcheted up too high. Plus we just had a data switch and some server connection problems that might be or may have been the problem. Also I think blank spaces are invalid inside of your CAPTCHA authentication question reply, but using spaces in your username should be fine.

. . In any case I'll throw this on the list and see what I can figure out.

Arghh, it be like lightnin' in here. Whar be me eye shades? Whar be me strides fer that matter. Arghh me head hurtzzz and it nae can be the screech I drank last night. Hmm....

Whar's me pipe?

It would be nice to be able to mark all topics read for the entire forum as we could before from recent posts

You can - look at the lower left of the screen. At the very bottom in the wee grey lettering: "Mark board as read".

I think he wants to just mark each particular forum as read as opposed to the whole board. It seems to me that we used to be able to do that in the old software.

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

There's a couple of minor little things missing that I wish were back. When looking at the list of new content threads, you can see who posted the most recent reply, but not who began the thread. Also, the mini-profiles next to each post used to have the "home port" of the person posting. That was handy when they made a reference to their location, but didn't specifically mention where they were in the post. For example, someone writes "the weather here is awful" but doesn't mention where they live. With the old way, you could easily see where they lived. No big deal, but they were handy.

Showing a user's local should be trivial - I'm thinking that it's a simple layout switch. . . I just need to find it in the new administrator interface. In any case - it's another thing I'll add to the list.

THE PUB WILL BE CLOSED | JULY 23, 2009 at 9:00 PM EST

Ahoy there Shipmates,

The Pub needs to close down again for a software update. It's just a minor patch that should fix most - if not all of the bugs in our current version of the Pub. Hopefully this won’t take too long and we’ll be back online soon after we close.

- Stynky

• 1 month later...

THE PUB WILL BE CLOSED

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 14, 2009 @ 10PM EST

Ahoy Shipmates,

The Pub needs a software update, so our doors will be closed for a couple hours.

You can check the Pub's status here:

Black Syren's Ye Olde Tavern > Pyracy Pub Status & Support Thread

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Ye_Olde_Tavern/index.php?showtopic=297

Umm, does this mean we are going back in time to 2005? I don't think that would be a very good idea! LOL :P

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Hmmm tis half past ten of the clock now...having trouble kicking out the stragglers what?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 1 month later...

The pub has been very hit and miss today. Sometimes it comes up, other times it won't.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG