OLD UPGRADEs & BUG REPORTS

Stynky Tudor

IBTLockdown

2 hours and counting . . . muahahahahaha . . . Choose wisely. One pill brings you back to the Pub, one pill sends you to the Matrix . . .

morphesuspill.jpg

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lookin' mitey fine. And without much pain or downtime. HUZZAH.

--Jamaica Rose

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven

Whoa!?!?! Now that's different. Can we at least paint her to the old colors now? :P

Thanks Stynky for all your hard work.

No problem Shipmate, but one thing at time. . . more important stuff first.

Hey look at that! New coat of paint, few picture hanging on the walls, old logo on the header. Somebody's doing some remodeling.

Hmmm, "There are 10001 new entries" Don't think I will ever catch up! lol ...okay ....where to start? :P

Edited by Silkie McDonough

Haha - Now just you wait until I (re)organize and break everything.

But for now it looks like the Pub has survived the software upgrade. Aside from some text and font attributes that were applied in previous messages getting scrabbled, it doesn't look like too much got broken. For the most part it should just look different, some features should be fixed and made obvious that they're there now. . .

In any case, those of you who find bugs and want to help squish 'em, please post the what, when and where of it here.

Everyone, thank you for your support and patience.

In any case, those of you who find bugs and want to help squish 'em, please post the what, when and where of it here.

The icons are missing.

The software has done something strange to the old quote commands so that old posts with quotes are sort of hard to read.

The gallery thing at the top of the forum is sort of annoying. (Ok, that's an opinion, not a bug.)

Edited by Raphael Misson

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

The icons are missing.

The software has done something strange to the old quote commands so that old posts with quotes are sort of hard to read.

The gallery thing at the top of the forum is sort of annoying. (Ok, that's an opinion, not a bug.)

RANKING:

Yep it looks like our ranking system got completely wiped - that should be easy enough to fix.

QUOTES:

It looks like the old quotes got mangled along with previously applied font attributes. As far as I can tell the information is there. . .

GALLERY:

Actually I just wanted to have a single random or latest gallery image show up on a side panel, but I kind of like the string of images across the top. I'll try it out a couple or three different ways over the next bunch of months and see what kind of feedback we get or don't get.

Testing, testing...1...2...3

Wowzer, the Pub sure looks different. Good mostly, but I, too, miss the "Most recent posts" option, which I used all the time. Haven't decided yet on the gallery pics at the top of the page, but tend to agree with Mission. They are a bit distracting, but maybe that's just because I'm not used to seeing them there.

Okay, Stynky, now get to the more important stuff....like new smilies! LOL Pyrate the ones Syren has over at the Tavern. They are great. :(

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Mission's gonna miss that skull icon...

Too true. Life here would become colorless, worthless, hopeless, helpless and hapless without it. But it has been restored.

skull.gifskull.gifskull.gifskull.gifskull.gif

Edited by Raphael Misson

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Now that it has been upgraded EVERY post is listed as a new post. I am one of the lazy ones who uses the "View new content" link. What I have not been able to do is find the "mark everything as read" link. Can someone help?

*Honour comes in with a dozen pizzas, a case of beer and a can of Raid*

This is for the bugs. The pizza and beer is for us.

I love the look here, Stynky. Now hand me a paintbrush, please!

Taking on the world....one pair of boots at a time!

A little bit of this...a little bit of that...a lot of dreams....

Now that it has been upgraded EVERY post is listed as a new post. I am one of the lazy ones who uses the "View new content" link. What I have not been able to do is find the "mark everything as read" link. Can someone help?

There isn't a global 'Mark as Read' feature that can be done from the main index, at least not one I've been able to find yet.

But up in the title bar, top right of each forum there is a '(Mark this forum as read)' selectable text link option thingy you can click on, unfortunately you have to go into each and every forum to execute that function.

Originally I was going to right it off as just an annoying issue, but you're not the only one who has complained or commented - I'm not making any promises, but I'll add it to my list and see what can be done.

There is one. Look at the very bottom of the page, to the left, below everything else. It's in small, grey lettering: "Mark Board as Read".

Alright, way to go Jill!

Mark Board as Read - Just sitting there at the bottom of the page, that's a sweet find.

Thanks!