OLD UPGRADEs & BUG REPORTS

Stynky Tudor

Danica Patrick in tight Go Daddy! clothing.

Just be very very careful how you type that..... We wouldn't want any misunderstandings.....Danica Patrick was the one in tight Go Daddy! clothing. not our Hero and world renowned Pyrate Cartoonist (me) in tight Go Daddy clothing..... :rolleyes:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P Patrick Hand in Pirate Speedo's......now thar be a thought t' make ye spit up th' rum, curl up in a corner with fear, 'n keep ye up all night with two pistols at th' ready!!

:rolleyes:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Checked the URL when it went down and it was showing expired on 2/8/08, but is now showing it's good to go until 2010 so looks like the bilge pump be workin' again and we be safe for now mates.

Edited by Joe Pyrat

JoePyratA.gif

• The Charles Towne Few - We shall sail... The sea will be our empire.

:P Check'd th' URL?

Last time I check'd th' URL it was female...

::checks again:: :P

Aye, it tis female alright :P

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Aye... Me knew this "go daddy" wasnt a pyrate!

...and good thing, I wouldnt want to be on a sloop with the likes of someone I'd have to call "daddy".

and more than likely the bilge rat would start screaming: whats my name?

Thats 'bout the time "go daddy's" head would "go rollin"....

I love the pub!

...up close and personal means one of two things:

You are either waking up with me in the morn or I am the last face you will ever see...</span>

• 1 month later...
First off, I am glad that the pub isn't down for the count and once more has risen from the murky depths of unforgivable waters known as the internet (some kind of fishing net for 'inter's' whatever they be)

But Wot happened? and what the heck is a 'go daddy' sounds creepy.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ignore your question.

What happened February 8th, was a simple oversight. Since the Pub is still in the process of changing hands - the domain name renewal notice simply got over looked. I tried throwing money at the problem, but GoDaddy's Sunday staff didn't want to help - GoDaddy being the company that the Pyracy.com domain name is registered through. The GoDaddy staff could see the DNS links to my webservers, admitted I was obviously conducting business through them and that Pyracy.com was part of that business, but they refused to take my money because my name wasn't on account and they were just the Sunday staff.

I wasn't able to get a hold of the right people until Monday morning, when the whole thing was resolved in 5 minutes. I think we were back online before 9AM! The whole thing was more than a little frustrating.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I hate weekend staff!!! :rolleyes: Even the supervisors can't do anything. Why do they even bother staffing on the weekend except tech support. the rest are useless.

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

First off, I am glad that the pub isn't down for the count and once more has risen from the murky depths of unforgivable waters known as the internet (some kind of fishing net for 'inter's' whatever they be)

I tried throwing money at the problem

Pssttt... Im over here..Prepares her shovel to bury the loot *snickers*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Ya, GoDaddy is borderline useless and I'm happy you and I only use them for Domain purposes. I just hope you never try/tried using them for hosting purposes. BAH! They take forever to update and over sell all their servers.

Glad it all worked out for you Stynky :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

On Tuesday, July 7th at 11:50PM, Eastern Standard Time, the Pub is going to get a Software Upgrade.

This means that the Pub will be down for a short while. If everything goes as planned, we should be closed for less than an hour.

In the case that things don't go as well, rest assured that we're working to bring her back online as fast as we can.

For status updates stop by the Black Syren's Ye Old Tavern and see how we're doing.

Black Syren's Ye Olde Tavern

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Ye_Olde_Tavern/index.php

Black Syren's Ye Olde Tavern > Pyracy Pub Status & Support Thread

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Ye_Olde_Tavern...p?showtopic=297

Bummer.......................even with a brand new thin monitor, I still can't seem to get Syren's site all on my screen, still off out of sight on the right side. Any suggestions to correct this would be welcome.

I have found it only works on Microsoft Internet Exploder... I mean Microsoft Internet Edxplorer, or Opera... Netscape and/or Mozilla doesn;t kcik in the horizontal scroll bars for some reason on that site. Hope this helps.

Michael_banner.jpg

Curiouser and curiouser...running Firefox here; no problems with Syren's Tavern displaying correctly...

No horizontal scroll bars; no need for them.

My guess is you have a "widescreen" monitor, or you resolution set to high enough that they are not needed... I have the problems on my laptop, which admittedly is running Linux and Firefox and not Windows, but is a narrow screen.. Older PCs or people with non-standard systems seem to be the only ones with troubles.

Michael_banner.jpg

On Tuesday, July 7th at 11:50PM, Eastern Standard Time, the Pub is going to get a Software Upgrade.

This means that the Pub will be down for a short while. If everything goes as planned, we should be closed for less than an hour.

In the case that things don't go as well, rest assured that we're working to bring her back online as fast as we can.

For status updates - stop by Black Syren's Ye Old Tavern and see how we're doing.

Black Syren's Ye Olde Tavern

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Ye_Olde_Tavern/index.php

Black Syren's Ye Olde Tavern > Pyracy Pub Status & Support Thread

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Ye_Olde_Tavern...p?showtopic=297

'Tis called careening, mate. Makes the ship faster, more responsive to the helm, less likely to be caught by pesky pyrate hunters...

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...