Fugawee Shoes

So I guess my next question, would it be a "good" idea to get the crappy "colonial" shoes off ebay for $40 and wait 'till next year for expensive, long wait shoes?

;)

Lady Brower ~

If you are so interested, the colonial shoes are very similar (if not exactly the same) as the ones I offer. If I may be so bold, below is the link to the thread.

https://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=11876

YHS,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... GAoP or not.

Tis tough. Well, from what surviving shoes there are, there are some that would pass as GAoP: Anna, Debbie, Martha in the womens (can be unisex) and looks like the majority of them would work well. Instead of using a buckle, use a ribbon or leather string.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I like the Martha's. Good pick, Kate! :) Did ye get th' bone or the black?

If I had the money, I'd buy the Anna, the Debbie, and a couple if not several of the fabric shoes in the Louise style (I think). :::Whimpers:::

Now... if they would only make the Jas Townsend ladies style in cloth. :)

~Lady B

"On Sale" is quite appealing to me as well. Plus, I am not sure HOW long I can wait for perfect shoes. Certainly not 6 months or a year... I recall people saying something about that kind of wait. *eek* I'm just not so patient barefoot in cold weather.

So I guess my next question, would it be a "good" idea to get the crappy "colonial" shoes off ebay for $40 and wait 'till next year for expensive, long wait shoes? Or should I get the Connies and upgrade when my "allowance" gets an increase? And is there a shoe more appropriate than the Connies (even though I really love them).

*sigh*

Lady Brower,

I think you might be confusing the debate about the mens shoes from Loyalist. If they are in stock, Fugawee's take about a week to arrive. At least they did when I placed an order last week. No one has complained about my shoes being inappropriate and I have the connie's. As I mentioned before I believe the Barbara is also a popular and appropriate shoe for females.

Ah. Yes, though I knew it was loyalist that took a good deal of time, I did not realize this was only men's shoes. I understand now. I think I will take advantage of the sale for Fugawee. Thank you so much for your help!

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

Fugawee Concords are right/left last, Ligioners (sic) are straight last. I have the Ligioners and have tied them until I recently added new latchets to accomodate GoF's buckles. I don't forsee any problems with PC, thats why we carry sharp pointy things and things that goes BOOOM! ;) I really prefer my shoepacks though, but not very pyratey.

Up late, insomnia, classes tomorrow, head-spin, I'm a wreck folks. Wasn't gonna post fer awhile but got nowhere else to go. Dang, I need a new life.

Bo

Thanks Bo and Mike. (Michael, I'd have to run around naked without your advice and assistance. :D (And nobody wants that, trust me.))

What do you think of the Gentlemen's shoe I referenced? Is it not right? I quite like it.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Thanks Bo and Mike. (Michael, I'd have to run around naked without your advice and assistance. :D (And nobody wants that, trust me.))

What do you think of the Gentlemen's shoe I referenced? Is it not right? I quite like it.

It's a good deal (pricewise), and just as correct as any of the Fugawees. If you and BlackJohn are a like foot size, I would jump on that. In fact if you and BlackJohn aren't a like foot size, please let me know if he is willing to extend that offer to someone who may be his size... Like me! ;)

Michael_banner.jpg

They won't fit me.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

They won't fit me.

I was thining the same thing.... But it went more like "They %$#*ing won't fit me, damn it all to &*%#ing hell!"... I'm fueling some rather uneccessary rage today... If I wasn't so pissed for no reason whatsoever, I might find it comical.

Edited by michaelsbagley
Michael_banner.jpg

LMAO!

Michael... that is hilarious. :)

I don't need any more footwear like that... BUT I may know someone who might. :rolleyes:

~Lady B

• 2 weeks later...

Got a pair of Anna's in the mail yesterday. They fit nicely, though the fit around the heel and ankle is a bit higher than I'm used to. An insert should help lift my heel and provide a good fit.

Edited by Cpt Sophia M Eisley

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

:::Whimpers;;:: Wish I could afford at least one of the Sarah Junipers. :rolleyes: Oh, well. They look like fabulous shoes. Look more like th' real ones ye see from the museum images.

Alas, Godwin doesn't have many images up of their footwear.

Aye, I can again vouch for th' shoes that Mary Diamond be selling! They are THE perfect shoes to purchase, not only for a money pinch (you can get two or three for the price of one Fugawee) but if you don't want to ruin your $100 pair. Example, an inch or so of rainwater on nice leather shoes. Need I say more?

~Lady B

• 2 weeks later...

Darnit!

I was typing something and the whole thing disappeared.

Anyway.

I'm about to (finally) order my shoes from Fugawee and I just noticed that the men's only come straight lasted in the ligonier model....

I guess my question is should I go for the left rights on fugawee and save some money, or buy the straight lasted from JAS-Townsend? What is the "best bet"?

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

Evil? I thought they were good?

Is there a better option within reason?

Gosh shoes are frustrating...

Evil? I thought they were good?

Is there a better option within reason?

Gosh shoes are frustrating...

I think what BlackJohn is trying to convey is the same thing I was a page or two back in this thread... I think I may have annoyed some people using the terms I chose... So this time I will user numbers. Please note, the number I am using are for example only and may not represent the true fact of the matter...

Fugawees and/or Jardigans are about 85% accurate for GAoP

The Loyalist shoes are about 95% correct for GAoP

Both are great, one is just closer to the mark... I hope this more clearly conveys things and my putting numbers to this doesn't offend anyone.

Michael_banner.jpg

Right. And honestly, when we're out there, I'm not going to be looking at your shoes anyway...

Or, to put it in a way Kass once put it... "when we are out there, I'm not going to be critiquing your stuff because I'm spending my time critiquing my own stuff."

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

teehee.

Yeah, I just can't wait that long for loyalists for hubby...

Thank you gentlemen, I am feeling a bit better about my purchase. =)

I guess my question is should I go for the left rights on fugawee and save some money, or buy the straight lasted from JAS-Townsend? What is the "best bet"?

Which Jas. Townsend shoes? Ladies have two types - the ones with the heels and is a distinctive woman's shoe and the one's with a flat heel as though it almost doesn't have one looking more like the men's style.

I like the women's shoe with the heel. The heel is not as big as some think. It gives some elevation to the heel and I LOVE the squash heel of the shoe.

John and Michael said it mighty well.

All in all, comes down to what style you like, how much you want to spend, what is comfortable (Fugawee will allow you to return and trade out for a better fitting pair though), etc.

Fugawee, Townsend and Loyalist have some of the best period shoes. So either way, you really are not losing out.

~Lady B

Oh, I'm sorry m'lady, I was referring to the men's shoes from JAS Townsend. I ordered the Connie from Fugawee for myself, I thought they were rather pretty, and I like a small heel, I find them quite comfortable.

I did go for the concord for my husband. They look pretty good and I hope they will be comfortable. We saved quite a bit of money because of the sale and combined shipping. =) hopefully everything fits and looks good...

I just have to find him some buckles now.

I wear the Concords while I wait for my sweet Sara Junipers... The only thing I don't like is that they get them from Mexico and pay almost nothing for them and then mark em up a ton, so the little kids that make em and us get the shaft while Sancho and Fugawee make bank....suck. I wish I could see that Loyalist shoe in person.

"Without caffine, I'd have no personality at all"