A Pyrate's Account (a PiP Journal)

Imitation is indeed the sincerest form of flattery. After reading Mission's journal from PiP 07, and pouring over this past year's account after arriving home, I decided to take down my own recollections of the event. It's interesting how people's perspectives can differ so much, and intertwine at other points. Anyhow, my own humble recap is now hosted within my blog. (Mission, you've created a monster, as I'll end up doing this with each event I attend. :rolleyes::D )

http://intempesta-nox.blogspot.com/2009/01...g-paradise.html

Edited by Cpt Sophia M Eisley

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Sophia sent this to me in advance and I heartily endorse it. :rolleyes: She has a very breezy style and it's well worth the reading. (Plus it's not quite so damned long-winded as some other journals I could mention.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

great account sophia.... wish i could write worth a crap :)

i see that some of your nite-time pics turned out as well as mine... :rolleyes: i was rather dissapointed in mine..... even left it expose for a few seconds and ... not too good...

mebbe that's the extent of my camera without going to some better gear...

yeah, mission has created a monster.... but then again you both do a great job !!

Thanks guys! And Mission, you do need to give yourself more credit. Your journal is very detailed, and gives me the giggles at certain parts, as I can picture you telling this tale first hand.

Silas - I think the night pictures were a stroke of luck. I try taking shots like that at night (especially at Disney) and they never seem to come out. Come to think of it, I wonder if it's due to the overabundance of lights here, as opposed to the lantern laden encampment (where the stars gleamed like diamonds in the sky...my was it beautiful there).

This may be an "in stereo" post with Mission, but here's his Journal on the Pub:

https://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13744

I hope to see it, complete with pics, on his site soon. *grins and nudges*

Awesome! I so enjoyed reading that. You've both inspired me to start keeping a journal. My memory fades so quickly. There are moments I'll never forget no matter what, but its nice to have all the little details you noticed in that moment to reminisce over. Thanks for sharing that.

Loved the photos as well.

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

I've also kept a blog of PiP on my mySpace page... http://www.myspace.com/michaelsbagley

But it isn't complete yet... I've been dragging my feet about it, but maybe this will inspire me to finish.

Silas, Mission usually won't post links to his "Surgeon's Journal" until it is complete. Although you can find the earlier editions of the "Surgeon's Tales" Links on this page.

Michael_banner.jpg

Very nice indeed... tis always good to hear what others are doing.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

not to upstage sophia and her fine piece of work, but mission, can you repost a link to your journal ??

As Sophia mentioned, the text is here. As Michael said, the PiP '08 page isn't done. Heck, it isn't truly started. Preparations are underway - I am culling the photos as we speak. I don't really want to start doing the actual page until Poppa Ratsey Callahan has finished uploading all his shots, though. He has battle pics and most of us were all too busy battling to take many of them. (Except for Grace, who has not yet given us access to all her stuff and some photos Sophia got.) I personally don't expect the web page to be ready until at least the end of this month. (This time there are going to be several easter egg pages in the web page journal...I have too many photos that really need to be commented on by your ship's surgeon that don't fit the narrative.)

For now, go read Sophia's notes though. She saw things I didn't.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Excellent. Thank you to all of our bloggers for truly one cannot get to everything and these posts help to fill in the stuff I didn't get to.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...