son of a Beach!?!?

ok...my son is due in April...and been having a devil of a time picking a name....

if we name the poor boy after our Dads...its either ...Billie Methodia Beach.....oooffff :huh:

or to use their middle names.....George Micheal.... :rolleyes: ...every time the poor kid would fall...WHAM!.... :blink:

so we made the list...her favorite names...my favorite names.....

only one name was on both lists.....

Gabriel.....ok...like this name

Gabriel.....

Gabriel Beach

likre it....

Gabriel......

Gabe.....

then we heard it said OUT LOUD!!!

GABE BEACH.......

:blink:

it officially been taken off the list.

lookin for suggestions....

she allready nixed the goods ones.....

Miami....Daytona....Private or Public.....Nude Beach

so....the crewe gotany suggestions????

:huh:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sandy? Pebble, if he plays golf its a natural. Saxon Dee?

Give it up. No matter what, he'll always be a son of a Beach.

Edited by Captain Jim

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

or go something a bit more piraty...Richard Teach Beach

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Here's a cool Baby Name Site it gives the origins and leanings as well.

How about Branson.... it means SWORD... thought you'd appreciate that.

You think Beach would be an easy name to work with. Hey your lucky your last name isn't something like MY maiden name -- Dickerson - boy was I glad to get rid of that name. I can't even tell you, at least the kid has a chance to not get teased - should YOU choose the right name of course - no pressure ;D -- good luck!

Edited by RustyNell

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

went through the same thing with ours.... how does the name sound ?? how can others change it or say it in a manner that would put them in therapy for years ??

a fun cutesy name ?? depends on how he handles it later in life... go the safe route and mebbe give him a cutesy nickname..

seven ??? ( old sienfeld throwback)

have fun with this :blink:

Isn't this one the second? Maybe Tew. :blink::D:blink: Actually I like that. Tew Beach. Hmmmm One word away from the beach ...two the beach ...never mind.

Greek male names & definitions

Scottish male names & definitions.

A clever first name and a useful middle name like Michael ...ever consider putting the Michael before the George? Michael George Beach.

Edited by Silkie McDonough

now cant name the poor boy Jr or nuthin either.....you would think that a simple name like Clint would be easy enough....nope.

my wifes family back in macedonia has taken great effort in creating a complete refference book with all the geanealogy lines from all the founding families in the original village.....all the coplete descendents and all....huge book....

first off.....macedonians and greeks cant pronounce "ch"...its not in their vocabulary...its always pronounced "tch"....so my name....Beach becomes Bitch.....our priest had to practice my name for 2 days!!!!

and my fist name...."nt" is also not a regular combination....they uasully just leave out either the "t" or the "n" depending on the word.....and they forgot it in my name too....

soooo.....

150,000 copies went out...to all the families from the village...to libraries...and the macedonian cultural board.....when yo look up my wifes family....she is married toooooo:

"Clit Bitch"...... :blink:

so ....a.....no....i will not be naming my son after me.....

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

LOL that is hilarious!! ROFLMAO

I didn't know your wife was Greek!! That explains a lot!! LOL

I'm first generation American in my family on my moms side, she's from Kavala moved to the US when she was 10. You and Chris should bond I'm sure you have a lot in common LOL..

I remember the first time I took him to meet the family - Easter! I don't think he was ever the same.

When we saw Big Fat Greek Wedding at the theater, there was a moment in the movie when there was nothing particularly funny but he was laughing hysterically and couldn't stop and I was like.. "Wot??" Wot??"

And he turns to me and says, " I get it!! You can't help it, its genetic!"

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

You just have to name him Fred... you HAVE to AND he'd have the very best initials... FB

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Go classical. Alexander Beach.

Out of curiosity, I did a search of the surname in the 16th and 17th centuries and got the following names...

Ithamar

Thomas

Theophilus

Nicholus

William

Lawrence

Joseph

These were the most common in a short search, especially in the 1600s, but James repeated more than any other. It seems that James was the Mike of the 1600s.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

No it has to be Fred.... :lol:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

If you knew Maddogge, like I know Maddogge, you would all know it has to be Fred...and aye, I'll go with Frederick Beach... has a good, solid ring to it... Frederick John Beach :lol::P

Edited by Capt. Sterling

Crewe of the Archangel

Isn't this one the second? Maybe Tew. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: Actually I like that. Tew Beach. Hmmmm One word away from the beach ...two the beach ...never mind.

Tew Beach or not Tew Beach?

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

On the off chance I someday have a son, I picked a good name for him. Then my wife nixed it because "he'll have too many names" (as though you can ever have too many names.) so I added your last name to it and submit it for your perusal:

Charles Edward Stuart Beach

Sure, it has that tricky 'CH' sound, but what a great name.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum