signature thingy

silas thatcher

how do i make a nifty signature thingy at the bottom of my posts ??

i am completely clueless

Click on the "My Controls" link at the top center-left of your screen on the pub. That will take you to your profile editting screen. On the left hand side about two thirds of the way down there will be a link for "Edit Signature"... The rest should spell itself out. You of course are responsible for graphics or finding someone artistic (which there are TONS of) on the pub to make your graphic... One can use plain text as well, most just prefer the pretty pictures or graphics. As a general courtesy, it is best to not create monster signatures.... Personally I try to keep mine to below 200 pixels tall, or even below 150 tall in most cases.

Cheers

Edited by michaelsbagley
Michael_banner.jpg

I had a monster signature thingy once, but every time I took 'em on deck t' play catch he would tip th' ship so th' capt'n made me throw 'em back ;)

Also remember if yer photo is th' size ye want but the file size it still really huge, you can use programs like PhotoShop, PaintShop Pro, or even the fantastic and FREE program GIMP (which is practically like having full blown PSD or PSP!) to shrink their file size while still retaining dimensions.

If you need a photo manipulation program (such as I mentioned above) and do naught want t' shell out any coin, then get GIMP for free there:

http://www.GIMP.org

(sometimes th' best things in life are free!)

;)

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard good things about GIMP. I use the ancient old Microsoft Photo Editor for most simple work. It used to come free with Windows, but then MS realized it actually worked well and they had to discontinue it. (However I fooled 'em and uploaded a copy from an old laptop. Now it's on every computer I use.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 1 month later...
I love GIMP on linux... I haven't tried a windows version of GIMP in quite a long time, but way back when.... I found it to be a bit quirky and a bit of a pain to use. Has the windows version been improved and made more reliable in recent years?

Well, I be still out at sea in tha fog on the signature thingy. I follered yer directions ta edit signature, and found somethin that said insert image, but instead of click and drag, or cut and paste, or brouse, which operations I sorter do know how ta do, it wants some kind o web link I be thinkin, which I have no notion of. How complicated is this?

Well, I be still out at sea in tha fog on the signature thingy. I follered yer directions ta edit signature, and found somethin that said insert image, but instead of click and drag, or cut and paste, or brouse, which operations I sorter do know how ta do, it wants some kind o web link I be thinkin, which I have no notion of. How complicated is this?

Sign up for one of those free graphic storage services, such as photobucket.com and upload your signature file to it. Once you've done that, copy the direct link and use that for your URL.

RHJMap.jpg