2008! WHAT A RIDE!!

MadL

As I will naught be make'n port again till next yar I just want t' share a few thoughts with me mates:

Tis amazing when ye stop t' think that humans be th' only creatures upon this planet that be obsessed with th' com'n 'n go'n o' a year. We number th' years, we count th' years, we name th' years, but mostly we detest each one 'n revel in it's departure.

But t' other creatures we share this life with, a year be just another day; there be no difference between December 31 and January 1, heck, there be no January, no February, no October, no December, there naught even be a summer, winter, nor fall, just more days with some hotter then others, some longer then others...just another day 'n life goes on undisturbed till death.

They say this makes us "intelligent"...but then why is each year worse then the last yet we keep celebrating th' next know'n that in 365 days we will be curse'n it?? hmm, that sound pretty stupid t' me.

So I says: 2008! WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!! Let's Do It Again!

only fer them nay-say'n ilk we will calls it 2009

HAPPY NEW YARRR ME HARTIES!!

BabyNewYarrr.jpg

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

2008 was a sucky year for me, especially health wise. It started right in the beginning and went on and off all year long, ugh, I'll be glad to see the end of this year. Hopefully 2009 will be better, although I'm starting it off with fighting a cold. I haven't been sick with the cold in a very long time; I go over to my aunt's house Christmas Eve and my cousin's girlfriend's kids have this nasty cough. I thought, oh, crap, double up on the vitamin C! But it got me anyway by the weekend. It hasn't been too bad, I'm fighting it every step of the way so it won't get worse. I at least now can breathe a little better.

Here's hoping 2009 is better than 2008. :rolleyes:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

2008 was a blast for me!

Chain Shot and I took our very first cruise. 17 days in Feb. through the panama canal, leaving Ft. Lauderdale and visiting Jamaica, Aruba, Cartegna, Columbia, through the Panama canal, then Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Guatamala. Awesome!

As a member of Tales of the Seven Seas, I...

Attended Nor Cal for the first time — and spent a glorious afternoon aboard the schooner Aldebaran, firing cannons and pistols at the shore battery. Thank yous to Red-Handed Jill, Iron Jack, and Captain Hayden.

Ojai for the second time — even better than the first. Always fun to meet up with the So. Calif. pyrates, and my special buddy, Jacky Tar.

Add a few more road trips to visit friends over the border in Northern Calif. and 2008 added up to a lot of fun. I'd do it all over in a heartbeat. And, other than the cruise (dang it), probably will! :blink:

A MOST HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Other than some wacky health issues, 2008 was a pretty good year for me as well.

I spent many happy days firing black powder implementia - not only at Ojai and NorCal, but at black powder rendezvous, where I was able to shot my guns and do more than make loud noises (although they certainly did that...)! Much of this fun happened in the company of friends (like Ransom and Chain Shot.)

2008 was also an exciting year for sailing voyages - besides day sailing, Jack and I made two offshore, multi-day excursions on the schooner Aldebaran, which were pretty exciting (particularly exciting at times.)

Looking forward to more adventures in 2009!

RHJMap.jpg

Wishing everyone a Happy, Healthy, Financially Stable 2009.

Would love to meet more of you ~

:D but...but...thar be no more o' me....I did have a twin, but I killed he'm in th' womb - bastard said he thought we should split everything 50/50 upon our birth he did - I was have'n NONE o' that!!!

:blink:

First off, Me wishes all a grand New Year ahead of plundering and eye raise

me tankard to the health of all whom frequent this eeerr pub!

OMG! THIS HAS BEEN A VERY BUSY YEAR! I think I ended up

whare Eye started..eagh eagh..some 14 events.

PirateCon and Norcal bein the best of tymes...Eye Met lots of people.. Ransom and Chain Shot,

Poison Quill, Patrick Hand, and Dman to name a few...All of the TO7S crew... Pirates Charles and MadL too.

Micheal and Christine Lampe visited the cove this year too...That was exciting for me...

The Cove keeps changing as more booty was added this year.

This was the year of me acquiring new togs and joining a reenacting group called Alliance of the Double Cross

headed by our dear Grey Dog. I got me first Flintlock Pistol and have learned to shoot black powder.

Another group started by Tiger Lee, the Scurvy Dogs weapons and sword fighting group has come into my leadership

and we meet every Tues night..We aim to put on a play in Oceanside this year coming..

So aye.. If anyone can say it's been a pirates life for me, the boot fits eerrr! 2008 has been a well lived life as a Pirate. YArrrrr!

And Look at us! we survived the Pub take-over and its problems! Well met Stynky!

The year ahead looks to be unpredictable job wise/financially for me as me compass keeps spinning..

Eye can only hope fer the best!

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

The year ahead looks to be unpredictable job wise/financially for me as me compass keeps spinning..

Eye can only hope fer the best!

Aye, this too can I relate; with a layoff stare'n down at me in just 9 more morns....but it brings t' mind a line from one o' them Musical Blade's song:

"Its not what ye have but what ye do with it"

I have survived four other layoffs and company closures so I will survive yet another, for that be what pirates do, they survive - till th' hangman catches up with them, then they Fight t' Run Away t' Live t' Fight Another day!

HAZZA!

for that be what pirates do, they survive - till th' hangman catches up with them, then they Fight t' Run Away t' Live t' Fight Another day!

HAZZA!

They also grab everything that's not nailed down on a sinking ship. Get crackin' mate and nab yerself office supplies for '09.

And its been a long December, and there's reason to believe

Maybe this year will be better than the last

I can't remember all the times I tried to tell myself

To hold on to these moments as they pass

~CC

Best of everything to you all in 2009!

MaeBar-1.png

The world stands out on either side

No wider than the heart is wide.

~E. Millay

2008 was a rough year for me..Not going into all the details but Im hoping that 2009 will bless me. How could it not with Friends as wonderful as all of you. Thanks for being there for me, making me laugh and letting me lean even unknowingly on some of you. I wish only the best for each and everyone of you. God Bless and Happy New Year's!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Waving 'good-bye' to 2008! Like Christine & Jill, I had some health issues that plagued me through the year, but whenever I felt strong enough, I was out on the dancefloor swinging with the folkies and having a blast.

[Love your pic of Pyrate Baby New Year 2009, MadL!]

Some of my resolutions for 2009 are:

- Indulge my inner punk -- publicly.

- Cull the crap!

- Spraypaint things.

- Buy a sailboat and learn to sail.

- Stop worrying.

- Go to the Caribbean.

Wishing all of you a fabulous new year!

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

2008 was a rough year for me..Not going into all the details but Im hoping that 2009 will bless me. How could it not with Friends as wonderful as all of you. Thanks for being there for me, making me laugh and letting me lean even unknowingly on some of you. I wish only the best for each and everyone of you. God Bless and Happy New Year's!!

Best wishes for a happy & healthy New Year, Syren!

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

So I says: 2008! WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!! Let's Do It Again!

:::chokes::: :huh: Umm.... let's NOT! :D

Here's t' all of ye fantastic Pub mates! :::hoists tankard:::: Good riddence t' 2008 an' here's t' a fabulous and mighty agreeable 2009 with all the hopes, dreams and promises, etc... everythin' comes true and things be a bit easier than they were in 2008.

A happy New Year to all m' Pub Mates!

Huzzah!

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

:rolleyes: i'm alive?

I'm Alive!

I Survived 2008!!!!

;) t'day be January 01??

Oh Crap! Now I gotta do it all over again!!!!!? ;)

for that be what pirates do, they survive - till th' hangman catches up with them, then they Fight t' Run Away t' Live t' Fight Another day!

HAZZA!

They also grab everything that's not nailed down on a sinking ship. Get crackin' mate and nab yerself office supplies for '09.

Way ahead o' ye mate!

Anyone need staples, post-its, paper clips, pens, pencils...ye can find me at th' corner o' 5th & Main on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, 'n Friday.....Thursday I be at th' pub

;)