wearing the clothes JUST for fun to go out for an evening....

lady constance

personally, the silas and i are going to start wearing them to restauraunts when we dine out together--and see movies--- even to church on sundays!! AND WHY NOT???!!!

i know no better to way to introduce NEW fashions , and perhaps start a NEW trend.... get more people involved in re-enacting........

would it not be fabulous to seeeeeeeeee this kinds of garments done on a national scale? reintorudce the culture of REAL LADY and REAL MEN back into the culture....

we have that kind of power ladies and gents~ !!

we just dont think about it--- hey some one send mission this post.....

and did i mention , it is just PURE FUN!!

{ and reason to sew more and more and more!!!}

LOVE,

Lady Constance

with jamestown, yorktown, and williamsburg 45 minutes away it is very common to run across period attire while out shopping or dining. I always get a tickle out of one of the coachmen from williamsburg who kids always call blackbeard. poor guy, he just wants his yumyums. Its fun to listen to the conversations going on between the different venues when the reenactors run across each other. "Good day madam, how does the middle plantation find this warm weather we are having?"- "oh tis rather humid, praise for lilacs and talc else we would all be took for beasts. and how are things by the river at the fort?" Tis indeed a workout staying in character all the time. but its good practice at adlibbing.

A few years ago, we had just finished a gig on the outerbanks and were having sunday breakfast at the pancake house, when a couple of the patroning kids recognized us. Before long there was a heated debate amongst the kids as to who was who and then it happened......"see they are just like santa clause- its costumes." well, out to the cars we went and came back ready for battle. took us forever to eat, but the kids smiled. Does anyone else ever get recognized in street clothes?????

Edited by bbcddutchman

We were going to wear pirate gear to the Christmas party here at our park clubhouse, but being the 'new kids' on the block (we live in a 55 and older place) I was afraid we'd give some of those seniors heart attacks. Trust me, I'm the youngest looking resident here.....gawd you'd never guess I was 55!

Hopefully next year when feeling better we'll do it.

Here in the areas of northwestern Pennsylvania there are a lot of French and Indian War sites with reenatment some I go to as part of a unit or as a sutler...when i'm not camping for the weekend at events I frequently ride in full kit to the events on my motor-scooter ... that gets a lot of odd looks and lots of questions and winds up getting a lot of folks interested in events that they never knew was going on in their own backyards!!! ....I'm just known as "that weird ol' guy on the scooter that no one ever knows how he'll be dressed when you see him"

bananaparty.gif

Don't give 'em sooo much coffee Rumba

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

My favorite dress is colonial scout, but my everyday stuff usually reflects my hobby as well. I have several t-shirts with pyrate themes and my favorite headgear is a black doo-wrap I made. I am the "Pyrate Guy" on campus.. "Who got a 100% on the last test and screwd up the grade curve?" "That old Pyrate Guy!" <_<

I used to hunt in period attire and before the electronic check in we used to have to take deer in to be physically checked in. Used to raise alot of conversation when I check in my limit with a flintlock and colonial clothing.

Bo

Hmm... Hurricane and I wear our pirate clothes all the time.

We have a walk in closet of pirate garb and so I figure if we're going to have that much stuff, we might as well wear it. From our crewe going out to bars and dinner (just because) in garb to traveling, we wear ours quite often.

Most folks recognize us better that way, and I think we both look much better in garb than anything else we own....

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

I remember the first time Chris dressed I could hardly get him to take the pirate clothes off... I had to promise favors LOL... anyway we look for ANY excuse to dress... lifes more fun when your a character ;p know what I mean!

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

*Raises hand* I dressed in my clothes and went shopping at the mall...that was very fun. I had people ask for my autograph though they thought I was Fran Drescher. Was still fun...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

• 2 weeks later...

actually, Silas wears pirate "head" gear every day=== something about" hard hat hair"..........

but i KNOW he just wants to keep a piece of pirate with him...........ROTFLOL..........let me tell you! quite sexy!!! that man coming in the front door from work... makes my heart melt! all piratey and all........

last weekend i cleaned out Silas' car ...i tied a pirate bandana thing to his head rest.. then i had the 22 year old make me a noose..... put that around the head rest to keep the bandana from coming off...... HA HA HA......

Silas then has choices... hang em-- or beat em bloody dead with the noose....

My hubby and I ride the rails Metro North and subways in garb, whether a Klingon for a sci fi con or Pirate going to the Ren Fair. My belly dance costume when I do the occasional gig. It never phases me,if I shock someone bonus!

I grew up in NYC where you can walk around naked in a pirate hat(I would never do that its too cold my "girls" would freeze) and no one would be shocked and say"oh, look a naked pirate". hmm.. Theres a Naked Cowboy in Times Square why can't they have a naked pirate? I digress

My area of CT has stepford wives (they really do exist) is pretty mundane and anything like Pirate is a "novelty" to entertain the rich compete with their neighbors. lower fairfield county is filled with wacky stuff. Pirates I think are pretty normal compared to stuff here.

ERIS

Welcome to my nightmare....

I have embraced my inner magpie. OOH SHINY!!

aye

tis fun to be out and about in kit

thinking on having two more sets of jumps made to teach in, great back support, and though the petticoats might be a bit much in a science classroom I can intergrate peices of attire into my everyday wear. sometimes it is far more comfotable to go about dressed it the clothes of a differnt age. I tend to wear ren shirts all the time because they are large and comfortable.

yep i agree it is fun just to see peoples reactions as well

Salty

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Weel, lemme see...at the post office I'm know as the Pyrate Girl. At Staples Office Supply I'm known as the Pyrate Girl. In my writer's group I'm known as the Pyrate Girl, and also at our local gas station...but that's probably because I have a sticker in my back window that says Pirate Girl.

I've worn my pyrate boots (not bucket boots, just tall black boots with a small fold-over) frequently. I want to make a frock coat to wear all the time. The one I have for events is a bit too long, and the sleeves too baggy for everyday use. They'd just get in the way. However, I do wear my top hat a lot (actually, I have a whole collection of hats), and in my neck of the woods that's considered very strange. Grants Pass is a very conservative, right wing, religious town, so anything out of the ordinary gets a lot of looks, mostly of the "OMG what is that?" kind. :blink: So, it's kinda fun to ruffle their feathers.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Grants Pass is a very conservative, right wing, religious town,

Awh... so is Arnold... and heck, so is most of Calaveras County.... kinda funny when you consider that Calaveras is Spanish fer Skulls.... I live in the GOLD COUNTRY, in SKULLS COUNTY.... and everyone up here are/is so boring.... Imagination is not one of our strongest exports... (Oh yeah,... and most of them don't even know that...they have no desire to understand/learn anything Spanish/Mexican....)

Maybe that is why I kinda "stand out"...

I can dress however I choose... Steampunk, Pyrate, (I use to dress Klingon)....

...Think I'll watch Mamma Mia again.... (borrowed it from Carol) ....yah... You see ...up in the mountains where I live I couldn't go see it in the theaters.... (too gay)... it's not the best movie ever made... but it is nice and happy.... singing along with alla the song might be pushing it... (no I don't do that) and after watching it... I don't think I've become gay..... It's just a very happy movie....

But up in the mountains where I live, you can't say that...... (well I can... but I just have to be very carefully about who I say it to....Heck... girl movies... something with a plot (other than they killed my wife/girlfriend so now I gotta shoot them with my (smack as he kisses his gun..kinda movies) )

Dang.. I like a good story .... and why is it only "girl" movies do that?.... all men ain't dumb lugs... (I guess the dumb lugs pay for enough movies that they keep making them.... rats...)

Dressing as a Pyrate is no problem.... but watching "Girl Movies" and you might be queer...... :blink: (I'm still going to watch Mamma Mia... it was a fun movie... I'll warn you if it causes any Homosexual fantasy's, so you don't have to expose yourself to that sorta thing...... :blink:

Besides ..... the older brunette in the movie is HOT....... :blink:

Pattt - not all men are as secure in their masculinity as you are...

I could comment about the secure/grasping part o that....... but ......... nah..... :blink:

Unfortunately up here... the Women think the same way..... see... that is why I'm still single....

Wagh.....

But thank you....

• 2 months later...
Grants Pass is a very conservative, right wing, religious town, so anything out of the ordinary gets a lot of looks, mostly of the "OMG what is that?" kind. So, it's kinda fun to ruffle their feathers.

Ransom...it is the same way here in Fond du Lac. It will be nice to run around Chicago...I doubt that the locals will even bat an eye this weekend. :huh:

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

• 2 weeks later...

i wore my bodice to my birthday party at the Irish Pub.. a bit dark so most didnt see it unless i hit a spotlight but me boots were fun to dance in! Had a grand time, just wish I could have had all of you there!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Well here in L.A./Hollywierd NO one bats an eye if I am out in full or partial garb someplace.

I even went and had my oil chanegd once on the way to a Faire.

Nothing.

Go figure. :(

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I've just finished making a new "hot weather" shift for the tropical climate. I've fashioned it after the shift from the Movie, 'Stage Beauty' so far it really comfy to sleep in.

I've just finished making a new "hot weather" shift for the tropical climate. I've fashioned it after the shift from the Movie, 'Stage Beauty' so far it really comfy to sleep in.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"