blackbeard festival 2009

Dutchman

ROTDLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aye but will Maddogge save yer life?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm planning on being there. Bringing the wife down to see her sister and the grandkids. we're staying at the sisters house, right accross the bay from the event. I wonder if I can find a boat to row over in???? :blink:

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

tis a grand time!! hopefully the fireworks won't be weathered out for a third year. Hampton is a unique festival in that it follows a specific chain of events and centers around living history. I have never seen the entire "festival", maybe this year I can sneek out and visit. the living history and the reenactments take up the waterfront- then the festival sprawls through downtown. I'm not sure of the larger boats, but i do know there should hopefully be three longboats pounding it out this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:lol: ...(Blink...Blink...Blink)...

"My word Nell, if you make your way up to Blackbeard's this June, mayhap I should instruct thee on the benefit of a Happy Man..."

Lilly pauses a moment, then kicks the hemp rope under the bed.

"There is something about a Sea-farring man and knots, eh Nell?" ;)

I'll be there...I am hoping to go arrive early enough for a "school trip" again, Captain. I think the new kids would get a kick out of Bess. I'll see what I can do.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

ach well days pass and more to come,may they do so quickly.....

as ta a sea farin mam an knots :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

aye there are pleasentries that follow going on accout

Ys Ship's Potter

salty

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

• 2 months later...

The Pyrates of the Coast are out as well. The crewe really wanted to fight the Spanish again at Drakes Raid in St. Augustine. So we must acquiesce to their request.

Have fun all! Perhaps next year.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Unfortunately, we won't be attending Blackbeard this year. . .but for the best of reasons.

My boy, Alex "Black Arrow" Kimball gradee-ates from High School!! Plus, he passed all his quals and physicals to enter into the Navy (like his father and grandfather before him) and is scheduled to take the Special Forces battery of tests prior to enlisting to become a Navy Diver.

I'm very proud and the celebration of his new life must take precedence over my pirat-in'.

Too bad BlackFox...we will miss you!

Hey 14! Best be on your best behavior...rumor's have it that the Captain of the Marines will be in port that weekend. Not sure if the Rat will be there though!

Edited by Cheeky Actress

Member of "The Forsaken"

Ah, Black Fox. Ye be breakin' me heart to not see ya this year!! <_<

Be that as it may, we're sure lookin' forward to hostin' all the rest of ye scurvy rogues! I'm countin' the days meself!

oi....14.....wherve ya been hidin!?!?

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Would never hide from you, luv! :rolleyes:

As to the newbies, being one meself, I haven't much to say except try to be as period correct as possible and we'll all get along just dandy! Oh, and bring yer rum!!

Would never hide from you, luv! :rolleyes:

As to the newbies, being one meself, I haven't much to say except try to be as period correct as possible and we'll all get along just dandy! Oh, and bring yer rum!!

Okay so far (see my other posts) I need a new pair of shoes and no stripey socks, then there's Rum, no bucket boots, Rum, some more rum and more rum

ihtcbanner.jpg

It's 14, not 15!! (unless I've been demoted) B) I know, all us numbers are hard to keep track of!

Can't wait to see me charmin' husbands and all you wonderful Archangel Crew again!

B) Well, seeing that Bess the Indentured Servant is 13...you're 14...I'm sure there will be a 15 soon enough!

Now, Rum...sing along...tall tales...aimless camp crawling...what else can we do?

Member of "The Forsaken"

be sure you have sun screen and drink lots of water. we sent two off to the hospital last year from exhaustion, exposure and maybe a wee bit too much rumbulion. Otherwise things are shaping up well from what i understand, I get to enjoy the festival this year! My only obligation is to man the explorer and enjoy friends company!

I am not attending Blackbeards as of this posting, unless something changes within the next month. I have wanted to be there as I've heard grand reports of this event. Have fun and drink one fer me.

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!