Where you live

Patrick Hand

OK.... not lookin' fer addresses or that sorta thing, But wot does your local tourist Board say about where ya live.... ya know, alla the really pretty pictures and such.....

I live in Calaveras County (that be Spanish fer "Skulls".... kinda Pyraty if it was closer ter th' Ocean......)

I'm 4 miles downhill from Calaveras Big Trees State Park....

Anyway, this is wot th' Local Tourist Board says about where I live......

http://www.visitcalaveras.org/

Redwood Shores doesn't have a tourism bureau, unfortunately, which is a pity because it is a beautiful place to live and visit - the pictures don't do it justice. There are all kinds of trails along the bay and estuaries and all kinds of local fauna, particularly shorebirds.

The only site really dedicated to it was created by realtors:

Redwood Shores info

Edited by Red-Handed Jill

RHJMap.jpg

Long Island. The fish shaped island off Manhattan who's tail points out to sea.

The photo tour says most of it

http://www.discoverlongisland.com/guidedto...b.cfm?tourid=5#

That's some rugged country you live in guys...and so far inland.

You must all come to LI and party by the sea with ol Red Cat !

This is a great idea. We should add afterwards our own representation of where we live :)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

:blink:

Chicago. Well, just outside by 13 miles, but still in Cook County, and 10 minutes from O'Hare.

http://egov.cityofchicago.org/city/webport...ameEnumValue=41

A Really great place to live ~ we have travelled all over the world, and, while I hate for vacations to end, I am quite content when at home.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Ok here's mine.

Fort Myers, FLA

now if you like baseball, which i do the fact that the Red Sox and the Twins train here is cool so in the spring we get major league games for next to nothing, the beaches are cool but other than that, to be honest with you, the young people have a slogan all their own for Fort Myers ....

"Home of the Newly Wed and the Nearly Dead"

There are a lot of young families and elderly here so we're not a cultural mecca. Having come from Los Angeles I'm asking a lot !! Anyway, we'll be moving soon, we hope, if the market changes and we can sell this darn house!! ... Key West here we come!

KEY WEST!

Edited by RustyNell

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

ahh yes- deltaville.

a quaint seaside community where rich new waterfront property owners complain because the real estate ladys don't mention the rotten smelling water at low tide.

you only lock your vehicles durring picking season, else your car will be full of cucumbers and tomatoes when you come out of the hardware store.

now that we have a liquor store, there really is no reason to leave town.

a drinking town with a fishing problem.

there are two types of traffic jams. if its moving- danny is ahead on his bicycle. if its stopped, skitch fell out of his wheelchair- please pick him up, dust him off and send him on his way.

and the #1 thing to know about deltaville- we're all here because we're not all there!

ahh yes- deltaville.

a quaint seaside community where rich new waterfront property owners complain because the real estate ladys don't mention the rotten smelling water at low tide.

you only lock your vehicles durring picking season, else your car will be full of cucumbers and tomatoes when you come out of the hardware store.

now that we have a liquor store, there really is no reason to leave town.

a drinking town with a fishing problem.

there are two types of traffic jams. if its moving- danny is ahead on his bicycle. if its stopped, skitch fell out of his wheelchair- please pick him up, dust him off and send him on his way.

and the #1 thing to know about deltaville- we're all here because we're not all there!

LOL ...loved these. the last two of course are my favorites.

RNR2.gif

Ambrose Bierce

wow gorgeous place...I could totally live there, the hubby would freak out about the cold though. Beautiful photos on the sight. I lived on the island coast of Canada for a bit. Was stationed in Newfoundland for a couple of years when i was in the Navy.

RNR2.gif

Ambrose Bierce

• 3 weeks later...

Here's where I'm from (good ol' San Pedro, CA):

http://www.sanpedro.com/

One of the towns I grew up in (Castle Rock, CO):

http://www.crgov.com/

And I think someone posted a link on Portlando, so I'll refrain from duplicating the info.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...