Steampunk Weapons

Patrick Hand

Yikes....at $42. I wouldn't want to chop it up into a Steampunk ray gun....be better off buying a knock-of Dremel so you could make your own raygun.

This is a real simple Derringer that I quickly made for a friend....(not as fancy as Ransom's....)it does have a belt hook tho......

002.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'ts done....Ransom's ray gun....

can't post th' picture until after next weekend (Nor Cal....th' farbist fest in the Would)

It came out nice..... (an' Ransom would peek if I posted the pictures)

So... I will post pictures mayby next Monday.....

Dang.... she's goinna wet herself when she see it... it's that cool..........

pictures next week....

Yikes, does this mean I should bring an extra pair of panties? Really, I am sooooo excited, I just might wet myself. LOL

And I'm bringing some Thank-you goodies for you, but I don't think they are so exciting that you'd wet yourself. Least, I hope not!

BTW, I am going to base my costume for SteamCon around your ray gun. Maybe, as I show it off, I can drum up some business for you, if you're interested.

See you soon, Patrick. :D

Also, you can post pictures anytime from Thursday afternoon on. We're leaving Thursday morning, and I will be off-line until we get back. I won't be able to peek. ;=}

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

No, I wasn't planning on chopping it up, but that does look like a nice ray gun. The gun I was looking at, at most I might add something onto it to make it more fitting, but otherwise a raygun wouldn't really fit with the rest of my gear. At least I don't think it would. I don't know, but I do know I have a bunch of other things to take care of before I get that gun so I do have time to think about it.

For making my own gun, fortunately I do have some skill as a carpenter so if I don't intend to make one that works I can get a block of wood and just chop that up. My biggest issue is getting the material to make it look more like a gun.

For making my own gun, fortunately I do have some skill as a carpenter so if I don't intend to make one that works I can get a block of wood and just chop that up. My biggest issue is getting the material to make it look more like a gun.

I've posted this before....(and in an earlier post, I tell what all of the part were make from...)

CAAAD-1.jpg

but if you know carpentry, you have most of the skills to make your own ray gun.... (OK you gotta learn how to solder... but that's easy enough (just remember that brass doesn't change color when it's hot.... I kinda learned that the hard way.... ouch...))

Brass candlestick make a great base to start from... add (solder on) some grebblies, rod and tubing and such...

But it's the combination of the metalwork and woodwork that kinda make it all come together.

Oh yeah.... I will post the pictures of Ransom's ray gun (maybe) on Monday.... even tho she is en-route to Nor Cal.... Knowing her, she would find INTERNET access and peek if I posted sooner.... ;)

I don't know about a dramel or drill, but I know we don't have a propane torch.

yeah... but propane torches are inexpensive enough...... (well unless you go and buy the ones with the built in pezzo lighter.... ye can buy a buncha bic lighters fer a lot less....)

A way to poke/make holes in metal(mostly brass)... a way to cut and grind away wood or metal (I love my dremel and grinder.... not exactly "basic" tools... but comon enough (If ye don't have them, maybe a friend can help.....)

My "Workshop" consist of a grinder ($40 ish from Horbor Freight)... a Wall mart drill(and some cheap bits that are now worn out(that's what I get for buying cheap bits...)), a hardware store nozzle and tank of propane (well actully map gas... but I bought that for another project....but the nozzle is just a chunk of brass with a valve that I bought for about $7.50 a few years ago...)a pop rivit gun I bought when I was in the SCA.... and my Dremel...OH yeah... and a few hammers that I picked up along the way....it all fits under my kitchen sink..... :blink: I work out on my pourch... I have a chunk of an "I" beam that I use as an anval, and another chunk of wood as a work bench (well so I don't drill throught my leg...) not fancy at all....

But anyway...The next step is finding alla the greebly bits that you can solder/poprivit/bolt onto a candlestick, and add to a carved stock/grip....your imagination is the only limit......

yeah... the pictures just don't look as good; but it's the best I have to show it...

and I couldn't tell if she wet herself or not...

Chainshot wouldda killed me if I checked...... :P

yeah... but propane torches are inexpensive enough...... (well unless you go and buy the ones with the built in pezzo lighter.... ye can buy a buncha bic lighters fer a lot less....)

A way to poke/make holes in metal(mostly brass)... a way to cut and grind away wood or metal (I love my dremel and grinder.... not exactly "basic" tools... but comon enough (If ye don't have them, maybe a friend can help.....)

My "Workshop" consist of a grinder ($40 ish from Horbor Freight)... a Wall mart drill(and some cheap bits that are now worn out(that's what I get for buying cheap bits...)), a hardware store nozzle and tank of propane (well actully map gas... but I bought that for another project....but the nozzle is just a chunk of brass with a valve that I bought for about $7.50 a few years ago...)a pop rivit gun I bought when I was in the SCA.... and my Dremel...OH yeah... and a few hammers that I picked up along the way....it all fits under my kitchen sink..... :P I work out on my pourch... I have a chunk of an "I" beam that I use as an anval, and another chunk of wood as a work bench (well so I don't drill throught my leg...) not fancy at all....

But anyway...The next step is finding alla the greebly bits that you can solder/poprivit/bolt onto a candlestick, and add to a carved stock/grip....your imagination is the only limit......

I can't go to wal-mart from here, it's to far for me to walk and I don't have my own car. The only way for me to get there is with the help of someone who isn't aloud there, she worked there then got injured so she sued them and she won. lol, but I'll see if I can find the other bits and pieces to set something out in the garage. After some serious thought put into my priorities I decided it would not only be more fun, but it would be much cheaper(thus safer in my relationship) to just make the stuff myself. Then I can also make stuff for other people I know and maybe earn some money with it. We'll just have to see what happens. Thank you for the advice.

Edited to fix a type(accidentally said "less" cheaper when I meant it would be cheaper) and to add that your latest creation looks great.

Edited by Admiral Kilo

NOW, THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!

I am now the proud owner of the Bombardier's Thunderbuss! In a word...AWESOME! I showed it off to everyone I could think of, and maybe a few others. Everyone loved it.

And yeah, I almost did wet myself! LOL It is just the kewlest ray gun, and will be the focal point of my costume for SteamCon in November.

A zillion thank you's, Patrick, for making me such a grand work of art. I will take your excellent suggestion and make a picture-frame hanging mount to show it off when it is not on my belt.

Hope you can use the goodies I gave you...oh, and the disco hamster stickers were a last-minute toss in, because I thought they were just too dang funny. :P

And it was great to see you at NorCal again. Don't be such a stranger. We all miss you when you're not around. :P

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• 6 months later...

Well it isn't completely done yet.... I still have to add a trigger and trigger guard, (and repair the grip where the drill split the wood, and re-glue everything with epoxy... but I'll do that after Christmas.)

anyway... this is Martie's Christmas present..... a girly Ray gun....

Razor7002.jpg

The label (yeah, I misspelled comfortably....)

Razor7004.jpg

the right side (you can see where I have to fix the grip......

Razor7003.jpg

Still needs a trigger and trigger guard.....

Razor7005.jpg

and the top view