Steampunk Weapons

Patrick Hand

I posted to attempt to participate in this forum. I'm always one who appreciates inspiring others in creative en devours... but, honestly, to make it sound like someone has to now step up and do better than me... not really cool.

I probably should have thought about my post a little more, I was commenting on the excelent quality of your workmanship.

It's not a contest to see who can make the coolest stuff, But a place to show off the cool stuff people have made.

When someone post a picture of something really cool, it inspires others to see what they can create.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the exception of a shoulder strap this Tesla pulse disruptor is complete..

It has a working coil red light using El Wire as Pat had mentioned it and Eye thought it a cool idea to incorporate into this project. Another red light in the muzzle also illuminates when the trigger is pulled.

IMG_3231.jpg

IMG_3205.jpg

IMG_3216.jpg

IMG_3223.jpg

STC_3195.jpg

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Awesome job, Eyes! Ye be a man of many talents, to be sure. :P

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Patrick,

For a minute there I thought you had made that knife.

Ody,

Wow nice job, everyone has such great ideas and craftmanship is superb!

Okay Rumba...lets see a pic of you from this weekend...anxious to see!!!!!!

Edited by Lady Alyx

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

• 1 month later...

Only three things prevent me from going over the top into Steampunk:

1)My inability to generate original thought.

2)The funds to support another material heavy hobby.

3)My pathological insistence that my weapons and devices actually work. My Aetheric Accumulator is going to accumulate aether, damn it!

The latter can actually be done. Not the A.A., necessarily, but working Steampunk weapons. That guy that built the net-gun thingy, for example. Brilliant! Simply bloody brilliant!

• 1 month later...

For those of you that enjoy hunting dinosaurs. May I suggest the Howdah pistol. It is available as a double barrel pistol, shotgun, or pistol-shotgun

combination. Unless you live in one the six states that does not believe in The Bill of Rights you can purchase this fine weapon on-line.

S358.jpg

PDBC_muzzle.jpg

HL7800.jpg

Best place to find 'em is the Dixie Gun Works. www.dixiegunworks.com . FYI Pedersoli just released a beautiful limited edition one with Damascus barrels.

THIS CABIN-LAD'S GROWN HAGGARD, SO IN THE POT HE GOES AND FROM HIS SKIN WE'LL MAKE A LITTLE DRUM TO BEAT AS WE FIRE HUMAN HEADS FROM CANNONS AT OUR FOES. AND SET THE SEAS ABLAZE WITH BURNING RUM.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought two more brass candlesticks.....Not sure if I want to make two more pistols... or make a long gun outta them.... gotta look around for more junk to see what fits together before I decide.....

• 1 month later...

I started cutting one of the candlesticks, I think I will turn it into a derringer type of ray gun. I will get more work done on it after Searle's, Figure that I will take photos of the entire project, step by step, so anyone interested can see how I turn a candlestick into a ray-gun....

I also came up with a cool idea for a long coat, but that will go in another thread when I start it......

Patrick, we need to talk.

I really want to send you a replica flintlock cap pistol that Chain Shot picked up at a junk store. The lock part is broken—it was made of cheap pot metal. I thought it would make a good base for some kind of Steampunk gun, if you would make it for me. The gun is wood, heavy, with brass on the butt. Neither Chain Shot nor I are good at making stuff like that, and I would rather pay you to make me a gun, than buy one from somebody I don't know.

I know you are heading for Searl's, so maybe we can PM each other after you get back and work something out? I really liked the first candle holder gun you made, which gave me the idea of maybe having you do something with this cap pistol flintlock.

Whacha think? :angry:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

• 4 weeks later...

I recieved Ransom's pistol yesterday (Friday) and spent some time playing with it today.... I can't tell anyone what I'm doing untill it is finished, and Ransom has it (a kinda suprise like thing).... but I will take some photos of "work in progress" then post them later.....

I have the new barrel mostly inletted, and burned my fingers today, after soldering some parts on,... tomarrow, I wanna play with bending some glass (after burning my fingers today, I figure hot glass shouldn't hurt too much...)if it works, it should look realy cool......

I recieved Ransom's pistol yesterday (Friday) and spent some time playing with it today.... I can't tell anyone what I'm doing untill it is finished, and Ransom has it (a kinda suprise like thing).... but I will take some photos of "work in progress" then post them later.....

I have the new barrel mostly inletted, and burned my fingers today, after soldering some parts on,... tomarrow, I wanna play with bending some glass (after burning my fingers today, I figure hot glass shouldn't hurt too much...)if it works, it should look realy cool......

I am so excited, I'm just tingly all over! LOL :unsure:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Well.... the trigger guard broke... but it was only pot-metal with a thin coating of brassy paint, or plating.... but I'm going to rendezvous next month, so I will look for a real brass one.... That way, all of the parts that are suppose to be brass, will be.... (Poor Ranson.... we all know how patient she is..... :unsure: )

But it is coming together nicely.... I have to cut a few more parts and do some inletting, then clean ever thing up.... but it should be finished in a week or so (well other than the trigger guard...)

• 5 weeks later...

Well a slight delay.....

I went to the Rendezvous last weekend, ..... and no one had the "standard box of old gun parts for sale cheap..."

So I'm going to order a brass triggerguard (probablly from Dixie)

I have a little more inletting, and some soldering still to do, then I'll re-stain and finish the stock after I get the triggerguard installed...

I guess Ransom will have to wait untill Nor-Cal to get it.......

No worries, Patrick. And I was thrilled to hear that you'll be joining us at NorCal this year. We all missed you last year. And you'll get to meet Quartermaster James, as he will be coming down as well. And I think Gunpowder Girty is coming also. New folks to meet! :D

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'ts done....Ransom's ray gun....

can't post th' picture until after next weekend (Nor Cal....th' farbist fest in the Would)

It came out nice..... (an' Ransom would peek if I posted the pictures)

So... I will post pictures mayby next Monday.....

Dang.... she's goinna wet herself when she see it... it's that cool..........

pictures next week....

I see allot of things here that make me a little jealous. I can't find stuff like that easily, when I can it's not affordable, and I have not the equipment nor skills to make my own stuff.

Here is a gun I'm looking at.

http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-549-english-dueling-pistol.aspx

It's not to expensive, compared to other guns I've seen. And I can get two for $75.

(edited to fix the price, accidentally put the wrong number at first)

Edited by Admiral Kilo