Steampunk Weapons

Patrick Hand

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ain't done nothin' twords fixing up the splatmaster yet..... I have it figured out... but hopefully with the nicer weather (I gotta work outside) i can get something done before Northern California Pyrate Festival...... hey... I gotta "shine:.....Iff ye start something... ye gots ter look good an show off.......

Look at the Lemat revolver's classic lines

http://www.amazon.com/Civil-Confederate-Re...h/dp/B001B3YO0M

41KdtW-PEBL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

and what was cobbled up for FIREFLY

http://www.yourprops.com/view_item.php?movie_prop=8633

http://www.austinbrowncoats.com/whedonware...a2fb12788a09ad9

I get where they were going with it, but can y'all see how the mid-19th aesthetic has been lost-in-translation?

Still, it'd be a great baseline for someone to start on.. check this working modification of an original Lemat

http://www.johnnyringo.net/lemat.htm

Dances for nickels.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be adding a couple... or more additional barrells to my bras framed Spiller & Burr... I also picked up one of those nerf firefly thingies since my boys love the guns!! And have lost two of our mavericks... Ok I like em too. But that's besides the point!!

They had em on sale from 24 bucks down to 14 at Walmart... not really steampunk, but more firefly. Which is cool!! Problem is I think the Mavericks handle better for the buck and seem to have about the same range...

Just thought I'd give an initial review if folks were interested in such a thing... Also I see the longshot I think it's called is being recalled and might be cleared from the shelves... This is a 2 in 1 kit which is kinda cool...

Just thought I'd pass the word...

Take care

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

• 1 month later...

I love the 1917 Boarding Cutlass by Cold Steel

csstoreonline_2056_6182537.gif

ColdSteel1917.gif

I think that's very interesting that the United States Navy felt that that it needed a new boarding cutlass as late as 1917.

It's very practical, functional, and pleasant to look at. It seems perfect for close quarter combat on any airship battle or

land depredation.

Edited by CaptainSatan

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

For those of you that enjoy hunting dinosaurs. May I suggest the Howdah pistol. It is available as a double barrel pistol, shotgun, or pistol-shotgun

combination. Unless you live in one the six states that does not believe in The Bill of Rights you can purchase this fine weapon on-line.

S358.jpg

PDBC_muzzle.jpg

HL7800.jpg

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I finished my Atom Disruptor Ray gun.......

CAAAD-1.jpg

CAAAD-2.jpg

CAAAD-3.jpg

That looks freakin' cool!

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

Until I build my ray gun, the gentlemanly art of wrenchfighting will have to suffice:

steampunktools.jpg

Patrick Hand: LOVE the "Vworp!" gun. Excellent use of found objects, the only readily identifiable piece is the spoon handle, and that serves as a clip to hold it to your belt, so you get a 'pass'.

THIS is what I think when I think "Victorian Ray Gun".

Edited by Cpt. Alva

"Disobediant Monkeys will be shot, Disobediant Undead Monkeys will be shot repeatedly until morale improves"

"They Says Cap'n Alva went funny in the head and turned to Cannibalism while marooned on a peninsula."- Overheard in a nearby camp

:lol: Wow, Patrick, that ray gun just ROCKS!

Did you take pictures as you were making it? What items did you use?

It's just so dang kewl! :rolleyes:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

What items did you use?

partsone.jpg

partstwo.jpg

I used all 19 items on the list.....

8 items found outside.

1. A 1” thick board

2. Two bolts and washers from a lawn mower hopper

3 About one foot of Dan-D-Line (plastic covered aluminum cloths line)

4. A small piece of a metal bracket

5. A ¼” bolt

6. About 2 ½” of heavy electric wire

7. A glass “jewel” from the garden

8. A latch to something...

3 Items from a Hardware store

9. 1/8th inch Brass rod

10 Pop rivets

11. Wood stain

1 Item stolen

12. A Stop sign that Chinarose stole, then I stole it from her….

2 Items from the bathroom

13 An empty jar (it use to hold liquid latex)

14 Mouthwash

1 item from a friends house

15. A brass candlestick (I think Carol bought it at a yard sale for me….. ;) )

1 Item from a café.

16 A tablespoon

2 items from a toy store.

17. A cannon ball from a Pyrate play set.

18. The cap from a non-toxic watercolor marker.

CAAAD-1.jpgCAAAD-2.jpg

CAAAD-3.jpg

Nothing short of amazing, the spoon belt clip, the little bottle and mouthwash - all f**king rocks.

. . . a hell of a lot better than most of the crap I've seen people carrying or for sale on ebay.

Well done!

• 4 weeks later...

Here be My Air ship pyrate wenches Tesla pulse gun I am still in the process

of building and touching up...Eye might add some gears or something to punk it out a bit more.

My next one will have some "Cooling Tubes" around the

voltage probes..I laid in bed thinkin how cool it would be to incorperate a real tazer gun in something like this for the voltage jump display but well maybe the police might think that is going to far so i will just stick to a static costume piece. This one came out pretty cool for something that I had no idea what it was going to be let alone look like til now. I suggested my wifes steam punk name could be "Electra" We will post some pics of the steampunk/Airship pirate wear on the other thread when we are done putting it all together.. Pat and Ransom..This is all your guys fault..Ye were the influence for me to get inspired to get off my ass and get creative!

IMG_2800.jpg

Go Ahead...~ MAKE MY DAY!

IMG_2797.jpg

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

. Pat and Ransom..This is all your guys fault..Ye were the influence for me to get inspired to get off my ass and get creative!

IMG_2800.jpg

Go Ahead...~ MAKE MY DAY!

IMG_2797.jpg

LOL, nice job, Eyes. Only to happy to be one ta give ye a little push in the creative direction. But Patrick is the real instigator. BTW, tried to send you a PM this afternoon, and it told me you couldn't accept any more PMs. I have a question to ask ye.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Pat and Ransom..This is all your guys fault..Ye were the influence for me to get inspired to get off my ass and get creative!

Wot ? you say that like it's a bad thing...... ;)

Wot ? you say that like it's a bad thing......

Aye Pat your influence is a good thing..It has brought some good fruit.

After all Eye am most alive when I get to implementing my imagination..

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

check out this site "Steampunk Gadgets Go Wild in Warehouse 13" for a picture of the 'Tesla' gun on the SyFy channels Wharehouse 13

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2009/06/first-look-steampunk-gadgets-go-wild-in-warehouse-13/

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

Eyeing some of these weapons with intreque. Loving your stuff, Pat. Is this Brass Googles a good place for future Steampunkers to start?

I'm interested in getting into it. More for the reason of the Transformers comic series "Hearts of Steel", set during the Victorian times and has a great Steampunk feel. So, In due time, Victorian outfit (I've one in mind) with some Steampunkish Cybertronian Tech. :D

Keep the images and info coming. ;)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Eyeing some of these weapons with intreque. Loving your stuff, Pat. Is this Brass Googles a good place for future Steampunkers to start?

I'm interested in getting into it. More for the reason of the Transformers comic series "Hearts of Steel", set during the Victorian times and has a great Steampunk feel. So, In due time, Victorian outfit (I've one in mind) with some Steampunkish Cybertronian Tech. wink.gif

Keep the images and info coming. wink.gif

~Lady B

As one also just getting active into the Steam punk scene I would definately recommend the Brass Goggles forum. it has about as many members/topics/posts, etc that this board has, only for steampunk.

Hearts of Steel? Is that a new transformers comic, or an old one?

Captain Justin Kase

Captain of the Dread Pyrate Ship SeaMonkey

Beloved of Anya Kase

Also Known As Silverback, The Naughty Bard

Quixotic Pyrate of the Desert Seas