Steam Punk Pics

Ransom

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

steampunkme.jpg

proper steampunk attire. No more "Faking it".

Now to do likewise with my GAOP kit.

Edited by Cpt. Alva

"Disobediant Monkeys will be shot, Disobediant Undead Monkeys will be shot repeatedly until morale improves"

"They Says Cap'n Alva went funny in the head and turned to Cannibalism while marooned on a peninsula."- Overheard in a nearby camp

• 3 months later...

TLAPD was followed by Steampunk Sunday on the HMS Queen Mary during during the Pirate Daze event.

Eye debuted my Airship Pyrate impression as Capt. -F- Bomb.. The name was developed from the little torpedo bombs

bandoleered to my balric. I wrote the letter F on them.. Also Debuting was Cascabel as a Swiss Naval Officer who took 1st place in the Steampunk costume contest..He was very convincing.

P1011677.jpg

P1011692.jpg

P1011693.jpg

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

You both look fantastic, O. I love those boots!

This one was taken at the lighthouse at Islands of Adventure when we were out for TLAPD...that whole entryway is full of great steamy backdrops. I was happy that we were able to get the clouds in this one!

DSCN2177-2.jpg

Edited by Brig

Oh, how beautiful it used to be

Just you and me, far beyond the sea

-Nightwish

Alice Mason, Crewe of the Archangel

Wow Ody...you look fantastic...saw the pics at the home page area...did not know if it was you or Patrick. I posted the SteamPunk event outside of my office...and forgot all about it. Dang...next time remind me if they have another SteamPunk event at the Queen Mary. Now I have to get together some kind of SteamPunk outfit and gadgetry....wow....going to start looking at those items I am throwing out of my parents garage a little more closely now. How did you make the rifle?

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Yes I built me own gun by hand..Started out with an idea and a drawing.

Better pics of it are in the Steampunk Weapons thread.

Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

One of my work-mates informed me that he went to Burning-Man this past week. I was shocked to find this out. He said he had a blast. I am soooo jealous.

Aaargh... that should be be in the Burning Man thread....

Maybe it is... so I will go there.....8)

WHAT Patrick,,, you did not make it to Burning Man this year? For shame...just kidding, I know you had a myriad of projects going! Well there's always next year.

(Don't you just hate it when friends don't invite you and then rub it in...arrrrrrgh!)

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

TLAPD was followed by Steampunk Sunday on the HMS Queen Mary during during the Pirate Daze event.

Eye debuted my Airship Pyrate impression as Capt. -F- Bomb.. The name was developed from the little torpedo bombs

bandoleered to my balric. I wrote the letter F on them.. Also Debuting was Cascabel as a Swiss Naval Officer who took 1st place in the Steampunk costume contest..He was very convincing.

P1011677.jpg

P1011692.jpg

P1011693.jpg

Aye, thanks for posting the pics, Shipmate !!! I enjoyed hanging out with ye.....

>>>> Cascabel

You guys both look awesome. Eyes I recognized, but wow, I never would have guessed that other gent to be Cascabel. Great job!

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

where did you find the spats? (if that is what they are even called>?)

Those are original WWII leggings..... and the shoes I'm wearing are reproduction WWII boots..( they are brown when they aren't covered with Playa dust.....

The leggings you can sometimes find in Surplus stores (kinda hard to find now) or you can get reproductions for about $40.00 )

The shirt is something I found at a thrift store... cut off the collar (well and is one or two sizes too large... so it's nice and loose...)I added the chevrons and with a sharpie the red logos on each shoulder....

The trousers, were made from an American Civil War pattern... just used khaki instead of Blue wool (heck... it was the Union pattern....)

I wasn't wearing it in the picture, but I made a "cargo" vest.... 14 pockets ! (you can see it crumpled up on the ground....)

I had a leather "flight helmet"... but dang... that was too hot to wear, so I wore the pith helmet instead......

You look quite dashing, Patrick. And, since I'm part of your crewe, I guess I would buy a used airship from you. :blink:

How was Burning Man this year? Not so many dust storms, I hope.

BTW, we missed you at Ojai again this year. :blink: But we drank some rum in your honor.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Aye Patrick.Ye cleaned up nicely in ye Steampunk duds sir..

I been thinking of starting an Airship Pirate group (loosely)

A kinda group genre of cosplay with in the Steampunk universe

fer the west coast.. Airship Pirate Republic for a name..

Edited by oderlesseye

Noquarter2copy.jpg

Aye Patrick.Ye cleaned up nicely in ye Steampunk duds sir..

I been thinking of starting an Airship Pirate group (loosely)

A kinda group genre of cosplay with in the Steampunk universe

fer the west coast.. Airship Pirate Republic for a name..

Aye- Me an' Black Tess could maybe get into that group? We be West Coasters, eh?

We been discussing, plottin' and plannin' our steampunk personas since we got back!

BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wow Dman! Ye did such a great job me thinks Bilgemunkey will now become depressed. ExcellentI says Eye ! Would ye post a few close up picts of ye weapon?

Edited by oderlesseye

Noquarter2copy.jpg