Steam Punk Pics

Ransom

Outstanding, Brig! And I see you are another fan of cargo pants. :unsure:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You look awesome Brig! I can't wait to see it all in person!

(And dread falls with kanekalon aren't hard, they just take lots of time. I also have tons that I braid directly into my hair, that I can then wear loose/down/etc)

Thanks, Jessi! I'm really looking forward to Saturday. It'll be great to hang out with everyone again!

Haha, yes! You were my inspiration...imitation, flattery, etc. ;)

Very cool!

I love the look Brig!

Thank you, Rev. Now when are you coming to an event with us?!

Oh, how beautiful it used to be

Just you and me, far beyond the sea

-Nightwish

Alice Mason, Crewe of the Archangel

You look awesome Brig! I can't wait to see it all in person!

(And dread falls with kanekalon aren't hard, they just take lots of time. I also have tons that I braid directly into my hair, that I can then wear loose/down/etc)

Thanks, Jessi! I'm really looking forward to Saturday. It'll be great to hang out with everyone again!

Haha, yes! You were my inspiration...imitation, flattery, etc. ;)

Very cool!

I love the look Brig!

Thank you, Rev. Now when are you coming to an event with us?!

Soon I hope. I know I can't make Searle's, but I'd love to come out for whatever be next an all.

I posted this in the Weapons thread, but figured I could explain everything here better......

I'm still working on the bowie/cutlass, I want to add a copper rib on the back of the blade, and then do the final finishing.... I also have to make a scabbard for it....

I sanded the ridges off the lens ring on my goggles.(I had already cut them down, so they weren't as thick anymore...) .. now I have to spraypaint a gold base layer, and then imitation gold leaf them., then a final gloss coat to protect the gold layers... then weather them, so they look like brass.....

The flight helmet made from a $5.00 thrift store jacket is almost done.... I have to pick out some of the loose threads(the stupid sewing machine decided to mess with the tension, so I had to re-sew most of it), and then finish the earphones, and cover the wire with cloth (so they look more old fashioned)... There are the earpieces from a set of headphones in each ear cup.... So my flight helmet is wired for sound.... :lol: Oh yeah.... and then distress it so it looks nicely grungy... and proper fer an Airship Pyrate.....

bowie.jpg

I still have a lot of stuff that need to be done to finish everything.... but it is all coming together nicely.....

Oi Pat..sorry to interrupt here, but the imitation gold leaf..... how well will that hold up to being handled on a regular basis?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

how well will that hold up to being handled on a regular basis?

The goggles have been painted gold and gold leafed before... and I had to scrape all of it off with the edge of my pocket knife before I could take off the ridges on the lens rings.... and It took some scraping to do so... it holds up really well....

I don't know how well it would stand-up to daily handling, but I was surprised how tough it was....

So we went to Shadowbox Cabaret last night and there is a Hot Topic in the mall where the cabaret is....so I made Mickey go in with me. We found this really neat vest that would have been PERFECT for $50....

Then we walked across the hall to Forever XXI and found an even more perfect vest for $18. So I'm getting there....slowly.

Banner.jpg

Yes, pictures please!

Well, Chain Shot got his coat today. We went back to the antique/junk store and dickered the guy down. The sleeves are a bit short, but I will add some cuffs to fix that. It is a really kewl coat, made of a heavy cotton, and with a removable lining and everything. He also got a vest, on sale for 50% off, so his garb is coming right along.

Pictures to follow soon! ;)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Those are niiiiice, Jessi. Maybe one day I'll feel adventurous enough to try some that intricate.

Here's the airship pyrate rig that I'm putting together for FlaRF Saturday. I don't really have time to make anything new, so I borrowed a few of the pieces from various outfits. Sorry about the picture quality, my camera battery is all deaded so I had to make do with the laptop.

scums.jpg

scums2.jpg

AAAAOOOOWWWW!!! Girl you are on FIRE!!!

I love the look!!

Looks like once again us fellas are going to be a dime a dozen.....

.......man I hate getting old!

Someone tell me that it just means you get to play better characters!!!

Please!!!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

I have some dread falls that I made yeaaars ago, that are MASSIVE and I love them. They are kanekalon backcombed, twisted and steamed into dreads in multiple thicknesses and colors as well as Colinette .5 wool yarn in Zebra that I hand dyed a dusty rose.

bend.jpg

Excellent pic dear Jess!

Very sharp!! I would love to see if you could photoshop your pic onto a noir/tech background...???

I love the subtle yet threatening calm of the pose!!!

sig2.jpg

Steampunkgear001.jpg

Alright, here it is partially put together...front view. I got the vest at Forever XXI for $17 (after seeing an awesome one at Hot Topic for $50.) The pants are from the military surpluss store, and I think I paid $6 for them about ten years ago. Boots are from Hot Topic...got them on clearance about 6 years back (and yes, I hold on to everything). And the white shirt is just one I had from my days of dressing up for work. The pins on the vest are my grandpas old Marines pins

Steampunkgear002.jpg

It's blurry....sorry about that. You can barely see the studded belt, but I got that at Hot Topic back when I bought the boots. The back of the vest is white and it has small red and blue and grey pinstripes

Steampunkgear004.jpg

And the last one....with the coat. I like the coat. It reminds me of Firefly...only not brown. <_<

Banner.jpg

Very nice, Kate!

As for holding on to things forever....I've got shoes and jackets that are older than half the people on the Pub! LOL I still wear them! And we won't even go into how old some of my jewelry is..... :(

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I don't know if there would be enough interest for a thread on clothing.... right now, we are kinda posting that sorta thing here....

Anyway....I'll give you three guesses who's hand sewing a Cargo-Kilt...?

kind of like a utility kilt, but with better and more (hidden) pockets.... outta a chocolate brown canvas....

Hey.... I gots the legs fer it........ :lol:

I happened to see something sitting on the desk at one of my welders last time I was there that I thought you guys might find sort of interesting. My vendor didn't know exactly what it was - he thought it was for cooling - but he said I could take photos of it if I wanted to. (He thought I was nuts. Of course, he helped me make the aluminum cowling for the Star Wars Mirror, so he already is used to this facet of my personality.)

At any rate, here for your viewing pleasure:

Steampunk%20Device%201.jpg

Steampunk%20Device%202.jpg

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone didn't see Mae and Brig's outfits for the dance competition, I'll post them here (would you believe I just found this thread)

DSC02273.JPG

DSC02279.JPG

DSC02275.JPG

Unfortunately I never got them both from head to toe. This is the closest. (Excuse the goofy guy in the middle).

DSC02283.JPG

Many folks at BARF have been asking about the Steampunk Twins last weekend.

Mickey Flint

First Mate o' the Harbinger

Me Website...

l_86c90f45206f4ce9bad5d7f52fdc1fc6.jpg

Harley_Queen_a_Gun_Diva_WIP_by_axel.jpg

Gonna try to make this my Halloween costume this year. I loves me some HQ, and this incarnation looked a bit steamy. B)

I heard something about Halloween...and steamy.... But my imagination kinda caused me to become light headed and suddenly had to pick my jaw up... off of the ground...

did I say Wow?

sig2.jpg

Harley_Queen_a_Gun_Diva_WIP_by_axel.jpg

Gonna try to make this my Halloween costume this year. I loves me some HQ, and this incarnation looked a bit steamy. :blink:

Wahoo! Just saw this posting.

Now that looks like a Ton O' Fun! If you are looking for some Black PVC material Brig....let me know. I have about 6 to 8 yards (60") of it just sitting around the back of my reenactment closet. Besides...my days of wearing Black PVC are over. Might was well put it to some good use.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"