Steam Punk Pics

Ransom

Okay, figured it was about time we had a place to post pictures, as our Steamy side comes out to play.

Here is meself, in my kinda Christmas steamy outfit. I wore this all day yesterday, while Chain Shot and I were finally able to get into town and do some shopping, and have an early dinner (Chinese). The coat is a vintage 1940s I got about ten years ago, for $30. The hat decoration changes depending on my mood or the season. :rolleyes:

100_3018.jpg

100_3021.jpg

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I could probably throw a kit together for this... but we'll see if time/money/etc will allow...

But, here's some 'steampunk' stuff I have... more for the mad scientist types getting into the work of folks like Edison and Westinghouse...

Gen1.jpg

Gen2.jpg

MysteryBox1.jpg

MysteryBox2.jpg

Fun stuff, eh?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

I could probably throw a kit together for this... but we'll see if time/money/etc will allow...

But, here's some 'steampunk' stuff I have... more for the mad scientist types getting into the work of folks like Edison and Westinghouse...

Fun stuff, eh?

Send it to me for a full review.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gen1.jpg

Gen2.jpg

MysteryBox1.jpg

Fun stuff, eh?

Not that I have the time now I've been holding off playing in here until I had some time on my hands, but this stuff is amazing!

Here's the other pair.

DSCN0737.JPG

DSCN0749.JPG

And one of me posing with them

DSCN0764.JPG

Dude, I'm jealous - you suck.

Those are SWEET!

I love the stitched isolation or whatever going on around the edges of the eye pieces. I've seen those goggles before - that's not stock is it?.?. And did you add a leather nose bride?

Yep I did a few things to them. The originals were bought here.

Genetlemen's Emporium

I stripped the black paint off and that was a chore. Removing the lenses and straps I used a chemical stripper and very fine steel wool and a lot of elbow grease and time.

I didn't want to use coarse sandpaper and mar the surface. The steel wool and chemicals did just fine. Gave them a final clear coat so they don't tarnish.

Then I sewed the remaining leather pieces on and I used the original tie straps for your head.

And my almost finished Goggles....

ASGoggles.jpg

The mono-goggle was part of a Mad Scientist costume for Halloween.... Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the costume....

The top pair started out as standard ( $10 ish ) welders goggles. I painted the insides black, and then covered the outsides with thin leather... I cut down the lens rings, so they aren't so thick, but now I have to sand them more and re-gild them (with imitation gold leaf) I might sand off the ridges around the outside, so they don't look like as much like cut-down welders goggles....

I know some people replace the strap with leather, but I like the wide elastic better.... they fit nicer with elastic... but I did make the buckles and fittings from some brass rod...

Reposted this so it wouldn't be in the middle of Patrick's super cool image collection! Those are great, Patrick. :blink:

A work in progress...but here's some of the steam punk ensemble I've been working on for an upcoming belly dance performance with Mae.

DSCN4592.jpg

Still have to mod the pants, finish off the back of the skirt, and finish my hair falls...I should probably get back to work. :blink:

Oh, how beautiful it used to be

Just you and me, far beyond the sea

-Nightwish

Alice Mason, Crewe of the Archangel

Okay, did a first time run-through of my bombadier outfit. Mainly to get a better visual of how things work/look. Most of the stuff I already had — coat, boots, cutlass, jewelry. Some things will change, and I think the whole outfit needs a shot of color, so I'm thinking a long red scarf that would hang under the lapels of the coat. Also, the shirt will change to something more Victorian, like a black lace blouse. Still very much a work in progress.

Anyway, here goes.....

100_3070.jpg

Here is a close up. Gotta brag...the necklace is one I made. The pistol in my belt is one I'm gong to redo. Chain Shot found it at a junk/antique store, for about $4.50. I need to paint it, but it is a working cap-pistol.

100_3072.jpg

And here is a close up of me coat, hat, and goggles, and the original case they came in.

100_3079.jpg

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

A work in progress...but here's some of the steam punk ensemble I've been working on for an upcoming belly dance performance with Mae.

:rolleyes:

Can you video that? Cause I would love to see it.

Both of your outfits look awesome. I have mine planned in my head....I just haven't gotten a chance to do it yet. Soon. Very soon.

Banner.jpg