eBay: Button Fly Linen Knee Breeches

Gevannia

GEVANNIA!!! :::pounce::: good t' see ye here, lass!

Anyways, fine breeches ye have there. I be tempted, but no coinage at th' moment. M' nephew be needin' something. Will pass this along to some others who I think may be in th' market fo' new breeches.

Mickey, I wouldn't see any reason why it wouldn't be possible t' dart them or alter them.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Hi Lady B!!!! How are you doing?

As for altering them:

Darting the waistband like Lady B suggested may work. Otherwise.... the breeches have side seams but the waistband halfs don't. Also, the pocket flaps end right along the side seam and actually become integrated with the side seam. I'm not sure if they can be taken in at the sides without messing up how the whole pocket "assembly" looks. The only other thing I can think of is maybe remove the gusset, shorten the waistband backs, re-sew the eyelet holes and replace the gusset. Not sure if that would work either though. Any thoughts from anyone else?

I'm hangin' in there, lass. Good t' see ye here on th' Pub. Oh, do swing by the Crow's Nest and intro yo'rself. :) We'll give ye a proper welcome. Hehehe...

And I think ye nailed it on th' spot there, m'dear. :) I've had t' do that to a couple pairs. Careful work but can be done and does work.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!