Alafia River Rendezvous | Homeland, FL

willie wobble

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go here for all the information and contact information: http://www.floridafrontiersmen.org/alafia2014.html Iron Jon and I (and a few others) are considering a week-long camp next year.

I'll take lots of pictures. Most of the camp is Rev War/mountain man/some First Nations. Some are wary of us pyrates, having seen too many Hollywood/fantasy pirate and are worried about us ruining the authenticity of the event. That having been said, the organizers would love to have an accurate camp.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Get in touch with me when it gets closer Capt Jim. Maybe we'll be able to meet up there on Friday.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a better one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3W-Iwlp_ok

These were taken during the non-public days 2013, so here is a good representation of the level of authenticity required to participate in the week-long (Two weekend) camp.

Edited by Captain Jim

3ff66f1f.jpg

once again the wobble encampment will be there just look for the cross of st. George flag NW side behind traders row, with over 1000 campers its a great event. the previous videos are good .

im starting to pack the truck now ill be there for the whole week

if any of the crew make it over stop by me camp for some wobble juice

Aye. Although it is a public day I am going in garb. I fit in better with the locals that way.

Edited by Captain Jim

3ff66f1f.jpg

A panorama taken on one of the main shopping streets, Lee Betz at Five Points (yes, the place is so big it has street names). If you're wondering about the lack of people, it was about 8:30 in the morning and about 40 outside with the wind about 20 knots. It got crowded later, filling up with what the locals call "flatlanders", their term for the general public.

Panorama1.jpg

Edited by Captain Jim

3ff66f1f.jpg

Alafia from the air. From the Florida Frontiersmen (the sponsoring organisation) website. The actual site is about twice this, but the rest is the woods walk rifle competition range and the modern camping area. There were over 1000 primitive campers and over 200 vendors.

alafiariverrendezvousarialfor2012.jpg

Edited by Captain Jim

3ff66f1f.jpg