Alafia River Rendezvous | Homeland, FL

willie wobble

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alafia is comming up again in central florida this yearthe public days are fri sat jan 22-23 if you don't camp ,but its a GREAT event not to be missed

Any more details? Is there a webpage? Contact#, could you post them? Thanks, Dutch "X" his mark

Jack, how far are you away from this? I am tentatively thinking about Friday the 22nd (be aware that this is actually an old thread for last year's event, so watch the dates.) It all depends on whether SWIMBO can pick up the kids after school. Garb would be fun.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Yes this years date is fri sat Jan 22-23 for public days if your not camping but it starts today Jan 13 the past 5 years i've always gone in me garb its more fun that way , there are folks there you will know from PIP ,BOOGATOR and Doug searils buccaneers another crew from st augustine will all be camping,Meself being a business owner will have to work Friday but will be there on sat , besides if you don't go in garb you'll feel out of place

the event is billed as any period Pre-1840 and i think we fit in just fine.

look for me on saturday , the Wobble

Can't do Saturday so it's Friday for me for sure. In garb. I'll probably go as a civilian with breeches, not a pyrate and slops. Hate to carry all those weapons and have no place to play with 'em.

3ff66f1f.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Just like Stynky to go into the future to inquire about the past. Never enough history to satisfy him. Or something like that.

Edited by Captain Jim

3ff66f1f.jpg

. . . I just thought I would ask before I forgot, I think.

Geez you people expect a lot from me - I mean read, comprehend and obey the basic laws of physics, like time and space. I hardly ever know what day it is, much less the time or my place.

Stynky! Reality has finally caught up with you! Alafia was great. Met up with Willie Wobble, William and Doug From St. Augustine. There was also another castaway from the Searles crew but I have sadly forgotten his name; Willie will remember and post it directly. The day was generally spent shopping and wandering aimlessly, all in the pursuit of free libations, many of which were found and dispatched. Special thanks to Chickasaw and his keg of Yingling. I got a lid lifter and a small onion bottle (short of funds, you know.)

3ff66f1f.jpg

Brig, my sweet, you should have been there. Perhaps people would not have run in fear quite so quickly. I didn't take a camera so I have no picture of Doug, who, when in the character of Manynames, is something to behold. And avoid. Especially when he's upwind. However, if you have anything to sell, put him on it. He's nearly as good as Chrispy.

3ff66f1f.jpg

• 1 year later...

Alafia is once again upon us. Right now the plan is to go on Friday. Dates this year are January 18-25, Public days being Friday and Saturday, the 24-25.

3ff66f1f.jpg