Random Rabbits

Mission

Hmmm...just let me take a bit of a closer look at that third rabbit...

Yeah... but the Llama song gets funnier and funnier the more you drink and listen to it..........

Only because the alcohol acts as a detoxicant.

bunny11.jpg

killer_bunny_slippers_add1.jpg

jessica.jpg

Damn, thats sharp!

It amazes me that this topic is still alive. :rolleyes: It was meant (in some admittedly weird way) to be a parody of the Random Topics thread. (Don't ask me how. This is why I am studying psychology - to see if I can figure out how my mind works.)

Boxing%20Lagomorphs.JPG

mountain_hare_lge.jpg

Bambi-thumper-adult.png

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 2 months later...

This is SO not going to work, but I'll propose it anyhow.

I just found out about a really crappy horror movie from the 70s called Night of the Lepus. Just how this artistic creation has escaped my notice thus far is an absolute mystery! As Netflix explains it, "Fed up with the bunnies hopping across their land, a group of ranchers (including Janet Leigh and DeForest Kelley) attempts to stunt the rabbits' growth with the aid of a cooked-up hormone. But instead of shrinking the bunny population, it only makes the animals larger -- 150 pounds larger, to be exact -- with a newfound appetite for human flesh. Are the ranchers any match for the rabid rabbits' reproductive skills?"

Shocking...positively shocking. But how can you beat this? You have all the key elements! Giant fluffy white scary creatures? Check. Science being abused and causing nature to retaliate? Check. Flesh-eating rabbits? Check. The director of that great TV show Little House Oh So Dreary? Check. Bad 70s production values? Check. "Bones" McCoy? Check.

So this movie is a cinch for the Random Rabbits thread. So here's the plan that isn't going to work:

Let's everyone who is a supporter of the Random Rabbits thread (both of you) agree to watch this obviously important flick in the next week or so and report back on your experience. For the squeamish, I understand the blood is so badly done that you can see the chunks of pureed tomatoes in it.

So you can't afford to miss this. As the top reviewer on Netflix says, "...there's nothing to quite match shots of "giant" bunnies hopping down models of streets or the close-ups of their giant "bloodied" front teeth. Executed with all the mediocrity you might hope for. If you enjoyed Attack of the Killer Shrews you owe it to yourself to see this."

And who didn't enjoy Attack of the Killer Shrews? I mean to say...

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Rabbits are bad Luck on a ship so I hope it is not here!

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

<p><p>

And how'd you like to meet this bunny in a dark alley!

big-bunny.jpg

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that Big Foot? The mystery has been solved, BigFoot is really a rabbit!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Actually, evidence doesn't support this. Rabbits, sometimes called "conys" oir "coneys" are considered good luck on a ship, especially when you've run out of food.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Rusty Nell Said, "And how'd you like to meet this bunny in a dark alley!"

big-bunny.jpg

Awwww!!! There is something about a Flemish Giant Rabbit that just makes you want to cuddle them to death. I liken it to a dog, but with no barking.

Lovely picture, Rusty Nell. Let's name him...Flem or better yet...Loogie!

Edited by Cheeky Actress

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

something that is being worn out

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Don't know...not my rabbit

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Mission

QUOTE (oderlesseye @ Mar 2 2009, 12:15 PM) *

Actually, evidence doesn't support this. Rabbits, sometimes called "conys" oir "coneys" are considered good luck on a ship, especially when you've run out of food.

I know of "Actuality" However Eye were going by Seafarears Superstition.

BAd Luck!

"Honour where honour is due: the rabbit and its long-eared cousin whose name is also banned, the hare, are two friendly little animals who strike terror into any good Brittany sailor. Say “rabbit” on board a sailing boat and you risk seeing crew members disembarking and certainly at the slightest problem, you will be held responsible for current and future disasters! For years this aversion to cute little bunny rabbits was explained by the fact that they tended to chew on the hemp ropes caulking the hulls."

11_633384260993909510.jpg

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

:lol: rabbits were caught caulking the hulls?!!?

no wonder there be so many o' them - horny lil' bastards!! :lol:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

:rolleyes: rabbits were caught caulking the hulls?!!?

No, no, he said they were caught chewing through the ropes that were caulking the hulls, not that they were caulking the hulls. (I thought it was quite clever, actually. Good one, Mr. eye!)

Mission_banner5.JPG

:rolleyes: rabbits were caught caulking the hulls?!!?

No, no, he said they were caught chewing through the ropes that were caulking the hulls, not that they were caulking the hulls. (I thought it was quite clever, actually. Good one, Mr. eye!)

:rolleyes: well then, that would explain why there is so many ropes on board a ship....but rabbits chew'n on them while their do'n it!??! :rolleyes:

That Would Hurt!!!

....I think I will stick with cats 'n dogs!

This is SO not going to work, but I'll propose it anyhow.

I just found out about a really crappy horror movie from the 70s called Night of the Lepus. Just how this artistic creation has escaped my notice thus far is an absolute mystery! As Netflix explains it, "Fed up with the bunnies hopping across their land, a group of ranchers (including Janet Leigh and DeForest Kelley) attempts to stunt the rabbits' growth with the aid of a cooked-up hormone. But instead of shrinking the bunny population, it only makes the animals larger -- 150 pounds larger, to be exact -- with a newfound appetite for human flesh. Are the ranchers any match for the rabid rabbits' reproductive skills?"

Shocking...positively shocking. But how can you beat this? You have all the key elements! Giant fluffy white scary creatures? Check. Science being abused and causing nature to retaliate? Check. Flesh-eating rabbits? Check. The director of that great TV show Little House Oh So Dreary? Check. Bad 70s production values? Check. "Bones" McCoy? Check.

So this movie is a cinch for the Random Rabbits thread. So here's the plan that isn't going to work:

Let's everyone who is a supporter of the Random Rabbits thread (both of you) agree to watch this obviously important flick in the next week or so and report back on your experience. For the squeamish, I understand the blood is so badly done that you can see the chunks of pureed tomatoes in it.

So you can't afford to miss this. As the top reviewer on Netflix says, "...there's nothing to quite match shots of "giant" bunnies hopping down models of streets or the close-ups of their giant "bloodied" front teeth. Executed with all the mediocrity you might hope for. If you enjoyed Attack of the Killer Shrews you owe it to yourself to see this."

And who didn't enjoy Attack of the Killer Shrews? I mean to say...

So I take it no one wants to do this (as predicted here). Alas. If not, I'm putting Night of the Lepus a few slots down on my NF list. As bad as it sounds, there are other movies I want to see first. I just wish that MST3K had taken this one on. That would be like getting two tickets for the price of one.

Mission_banner5.JPG

So I take it no one wants to do this (as predicted here). Alas. If not, I'm putting Night of the Lepus a few slots down on my NF list. As bad as it sounds, there are other movies I want to see first. I just wish that MST3K had taken this one on. That would be like getting two tickets for the price of one.

I would dare watch the film as dared... I am just without the time to do so in the proposed time lime.... Extend your dare to a few weeks and we will see... :rolleyes:

Michael_banner.jpg

Night of the Lepus I saw that a long time ago..... all I remember is that it had bunnies, and was really bad........

Bunnies in Bondage.... Now That was a great comic book.... just can't post any of it here..... :rolleyes:

No doubt inspired by the movie:

Mission_banner5.JPG

I had bunnies in bondage once, aye, I did!

....but PETA said I had t' set them loose 'er they would file charges against me, I didn't want' t' charge anyone, I just want'd a wee bit o' fun, fer free, 'n there be no sheep handy ;)

Night of the Lepus I saw that a long time ago..... all I remember is that it had bunnies, and was really bad........

OMG! I remember when that came out to the local drive-in...back when my ride had ape-hanger handle bars and a banana seat, and went as far and as fast as my eleven year old legs could take it!

They were born that tragic moment when science made its great mistake... now from behind the shroud of night they come, a scuttling, shambling horde of creatures destroying all in their path.

How many eyes does horror have? How many times will terror strike?