Bacon

Littleneckhalfshell

That is EVIL!!! Bacon and cheese... I can feel the arteries harden just thinkin' bout it! Still not as bad as skillet mess, which is bacon, eggs, cheese, sausage and or ham, onion, mushrooms, and taters all fried in a big iron skillet! (my favorite camp meal and my specialty over an open pit) Sometimes when the wild 'shrooms have a good year, we use those intead of potrabella. No, NOT the funny ones! ;)

Bo

• 4 weeks later...
Hmmm, that looks yummy. Can you make it snack-sized, though?

That would probably just be one strip of bacon with cheese and probably the best snack of all.

edit:

I here by name this.... The Devil's Breakfast. :rolleyes:

Edited by Thequartermaster

• 2 weeks later...
For dessert, follow that with Pecan Praline Bacon.

So, close!

You'd still have .0005% of an artery clear with that suggestion. I say we go for complete blockage.

Pecan-Brown Sugar & Bacon Ice Cream

Edited by Graydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

For dessert, follow that with Pecan Praline Bacon.

So, close!

You'd still have .0005% of an artery clear with that suggestion. I say we go for complete blockage.

Pecan-Brown Sugar & Bacon Ice Cream

Most excellent!

I say we serve that with Sticky Toffee Pudding, extra caramel sauce and crumbled bits of bacon on top! Did I forget to mention whipped cream?

Or, maybe better still, we could deep fry that ice cream!

Or, maybe better still, we could deep fry that ice cream!

LOL, yes that's the ticket!

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Hmmm, that looks yummy. Can you make it snack-sized, though?

What they show is the snack size. What they need to do is add two scrambled eggs.

Mmmmm that sounds delicious....gonna have to try that now lol

m_88912d35e54b4e34952d9677df54b55f.png

Half Moon Marauders

Irish Diplomacy... is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip.

If you were to split one of these four ways it would probably amount to a couple of slices of bacon per person and it it undoubtedly low carb.

One of the people posting had an interesting take on the original recipe.

I filled the bottom of a pie pan with biscuit dough, cooked that 'till almost done, then spooned in scrambled eggs with German fried potatoes with rosemary and onions and cheese, then topped it with a partially cooked (and drained!) bacon weave. Back into the oven until the bacon was done and the cheese melted. Let it cool a few minutes then slice and top with salsa.

You might also use the weave idea to do an interesting take on eggs Benedict by making one of the weaves, cutting it into sections, placing it on a halved English muffin with a poached egg on top. You could then do a small weave using sliced cheddar or your cheese of preference, put this on top of the egg and melt it slightly in the oven. hollandaise sauce would probably work, but some experimenting here might be interesting as well.

Or slice the bacon log up and place a poached egg or egg over easy on top of it without the muffin.

Or slice it a bit thinner and put it on a burger.

Or do the burger thing but add jalapenos to the cheese.

Not to mention, bacon is probably period correct pirates... <_<

Edited by Joe Pyrat

JoePyratA.gif

• The Charles Towne Few - We shall sail... The sea will be our empire.

I posted this in the Tsunami Kate, but works quite well here...

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/bacon-explosion.html

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org