The Sack of St. Augustine Captain Searle's Raid of 1668 (Updated I

Sgt Johnson

Searle's Raid will be on March 6-8 2009 at the Fountain of Youth park in St Augustine Florida. Please excuse the old info on the web site. The webmaster has been under the weather, this will be corrected shortly.

The website http://searlesbuccaneers.org/ still has a wealth of information pertaining to the Raid. You can find a history of the raid compiled from various sources from our event coordinator Mr. Davis Walker. There are also links for Rules and guide lines for the event. http://searlesbuccaneers.org/Searles_Rules.htm.

If anyone is looking for period correct clothing please check out Sykes Sutlery.They carry really nice Monmouth caps. http://sykesutler.home.att.net/.

If anyone has any further questions please feel free to drop me an email. If you received a flyer at PIP from either Captain William Kunze, or Doug, my email address is there to. The good Captain sends his regrets for not getting this info out sooner but he is having computer "issues" at this time.

For the stories and rumored stories that may or may not have been told and are more than likely true , or not, I can neither confirm nor deny the validity , or lack thereof of anything that I did or did not witness in a sober or a druken state.

"For God and the King"

Sgt. Jeff Johnson

"For God and the King"

Sgt. Jeff Johnson

• 1 year later...

Searle's Raid will be on March 6-8 2009 at the Fountain of Youth park in St Augustine Florida. Please excuse the old info on the web site. The webmaster has been under the weather, this will be corrected shortly.

The website http://searlesbuccaneers.org/ still has a wealth of information pertaining to the Raid. You can find a history of the raid compiled from various sources from our event coordinator Mr. Davis Walker. There are also links for Rules and guide lines for the event. http://searlesbuccan...arles_Rules.htm.

If anyone is looking for period correct clothing please check out Sykes Sutlery.They carry really nice Monmouth caps. http://sykesutler.home.att.net/.

If anyone has any further questions please feel free to drop me an email. If you received a flyer at PIP from either Captain William Kunze, or Doug, my email address is there to. The good Captain sends his regrets for not getting this info out sooner but he is having computer "issues" at this time.

For the stories and rumored stories that may or may not have been told and are more than likely true , or not, I can neither confirm nor deny the validity , or lack thereof of anything that I did or did not witness in a sober or a druken state.

"For God and the King"

Sgt. Jeff Johnson

Sgt. Johnson Let me know if you need help with your site - or if I can make a new one for you. I would be happy to help you all out - gratis. Let me know.

Edited by Mooseworth

ihtcbanner.jpg

OK... I hadda Google where St. Augustine and the nearest city with an airport were.... I did a quick search for airfares, and from San Fransisco to Jacksonville would cost about $235 (but with more information, I may be able to find a better price, and maybe (hopefully) be able to attend....)

I guess the first question would be... how to get from the Airport in Jacksonville down to St. Augustine...Greyhound maybe?

Are there any cheep campgrounds in the area, so if I camp for a day or two before or after, I can get a better airfare....

I'm sure I will think of more questions.... ;)

OK... I hadda Google where St. Augustine and the nearest city with an airport were.... I did a quick search for airfares, and from San Fransisco to Jacksonville would cost about $235 (but with more information, I may be able to find a better price, and maybe (hopefully) be able to attend....)

I guess the first question would be... how to get from the Airport in Jacksonville down to St. Augustine...Greyhound maybe?

Are there any cheep campgrounds in the area, so if I camp for a day or two before or after, I can get a better airfare....

I'm sure I will think of more questions.... ;)

Hi There...I will answer as I too am in St Augustine and attend Searles along with the rest of the Motley Crewe.....As part of the Krewe we can organize a ride for you from JAX to St Aug...Camping is possible there at the site usually from Thursday on..Failing that I think we can find somewhere for yu to stay with little or no expenditure....There is great place downtown called the Pirate Haus that is run by one of our more colorful locals..He's online and his acomadations are Very resonably priced......

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking at flights....

For $218 ($259 with tax) I can get a round trip.

I can arrive in Jacksonville at 6:10 in the afternoon on Thursday....

or arrive in Jacksonville on Friday at 11:23am

And then return on Monday outta Jacksonville at 5:55 in the afternoon.

I'm not sure which flight would be the easiest to hitch a ride.... (how far is it from Jacksonville to St. Augustine ? )

I'm looking at flights....

For $218 ($259 with tax) I can get a round trip.

I can arrive in Jacksonville at 6:10 in the afternoon on Thursday....

or arrive in Jacksonville on Friday at 11:23am

And then return on Monday outta Jacksonville at 5:55 in the afternoon.

I'm not sure which flight would be the easiest to hitch a ride.... (how far is it from Jacksonville to St. Augustine ? )

Going from vague memory, I think it is about a 20 to 30 minute drive. Sorry I can't help with a ride, but I am not sure if I have that Thursday off yet or not, and If I don't I'll likely be passing through Jacksonville no where near that time on Friday.

I also have to leave early on Sunday. I'm sure someone will be able to help though considering it isn't that far of a drive.

Michael_banner.jpg

Rats... another problem.... I looked up info on "checked baggage" and the doglock is too long (well it's not too long, it would just cost $175.00 each way as oversized....)

I might have to mail (fed-ex...UPS... whatever) the barrel and stock as gun parts and carry the lock with me. Is there a mailing address where it could be shipped to?

I'm trying to figgure alla this stuff out ahead of time..... ;)

Rats... another problem.... I looked up info on "checked baggage" and the doglock is too long (well it's not too long, it would just cost $175.00 each way as oversized....)

I might have to mail (fed-ex...UPS... whatever) the barrel and stock as gun parts and carry the lock with me. Is there a mailing address where it could be shipped to?

I'm trying to figgure alla this stuff out ahead of time..... tongue.gif

Patrick, I am at the moment without wheels, but will be going to Searle's come heck or high water. If I don't find another vehicle by that time I'll rent something able to carry my musket, and your doglock is welcome to ride along with us up to St. Augustine. Just ship it to my home address here in the Keys, and we 3 will meet you up north. Whatever I can do to help... -Shay

Oh yeah.... tent poles.... are there trees where I can tie up me tarp, or do I need to find someone (HI Shay) to bring tent poles......?

The first year I went to PiP, I stayed at a hotel... gotta look.. see.. and figure it all out....

If I can go to Searle's raid... I still need some information...

(but it's looking like I might be able to go.... cool)

Oh yeah.... tent poles.... are there trees where I can tie up me tarp, or do I need to find someone (HI Shay) to bring tent poles......?

The first year I went to PiP, I stayed at a hotel... gotta look.. see.. and figure it all out....

If I can go to Searle's raid... I still need some information...

(but it's looking like I might be able to go.... cool)

Patrick,

There are trees to tie off a tent or hammock, We have a few extra tent poles for you, no worries there. Feel free to ship your doglock to me. Jax airport is about a 60 minute ride to St Augustine. If you have any question please let me know, as I am one of the events organizers. Hope to see you in March!

New web address is www.searles-buccaneers.

Edited by Sgt Johnson

"For God and the King"

Sgt. Jeff Johnson