Nagging Projects of 2009

William Brand

It might seem too early to start projects for next year, but as detailed as some projects are, and considering the cost of good materials, I believe we should start now. With this in mind, I propose a "kick-my-butt-and-make-me-get-back-to-work" thread. This is the thread where we explain the projects that we want to do for PIP 2009 and we tell them to everyone else so that they can nag us at reasonable intervals to finish them.

Reasonable. Intervals.

These are just a few of the items I'm going to do for PIP.

1 - Traverse boards. I'm going to finish the Watch Dog traverse boards and add another one for the Mercury.

2 - I'm going to make imprinted bales and bags as set dressing for the camp.

3 - I'm going to finish a second complete outfit for my kit.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

My first.

A recording of 12 songs. One per month. Some PC some not. The research is what kills me. This project was given to me last year and I did nothing. I have one for December so I need only learn 11 more. i am not sure what I will do with the recording once it is done but at least it will be done.

Second:

A more solid sign for "The Sealchies Hide". Shouldn't be too hard but the wall covering melts when wet (see M.A.d'Dogge's wilted map.)

...yes ...I know I am not a considered Mercury Crew but the Mercury Crew were my most frequent "customers"

Edited by Silkie McDonough

After finishing my projects for 2008...........

1. Canvass water buckets

2. Rope rug

3. New stays

4. Christmas ornaments

Some of Edwards projects include:

1. 6 lanterns to be kept at the Fort

2. Sea chests

3. Cooler box and something for trash

I'm sure there are plenty more

Edited by Haunting Lily

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

Silkie; In my flea-market travels, I come across alot of things that may be of use to The Hide. I noticed you were making bread, or at least lady Constance was, and I know where I can get my hands on a couple of wooden dough troughs right now, reasonable. I picked up a copper bowl and two big brass plates for $6 last week. Wooden bowls by the dozen, and sometimes pewter mugs with glass bottoms, etc. I also have a blank tavern sign that I was making for a schutzen match tareget. It needs to be finished with artwork, you are welcome to have if you like.

Bo

Diosa, I and the crewe will make the sign for you, if you want. We can make one like the ones we did for the Catt & Fiddle or the Tea & Tings, either a stand alone or to hang from the Hide. We could just bring it down next year.

Of course, that's only if you don't want to take Bo's wonderful offer.

We're volunteering because we love making those things each year and don't have a project on the horizon for next year sign-wise.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

OOps sorry Mercury thread... besides, ye'd never believe me even if I did type it all out....

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

plans are..... refine my garb a bit, refine some of the kid's garb, make a table, a chest, maybe try a lantern or two ( without plexiglass !!) , finish a sword project, work on shoes, buy a tent, maybe make the fly..

i kinda like the sail/tarp of patrick's so maybe one of those, finish the other hammock, come up with trousers that actually fit !!, once i get the trousers down pat try breeches, finish the cartridge box, buy more "sailor jerry's" rum for next time-- that bottle went quick in the hide !!

that's all for now, i think :)

I believe in you. You are the Pan.

Yeah right, can't even get a bleedin coat down to the bloody post office... damnation...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

damn I hate budgets...

Crewe of the Archangel

A proper surgeon's chest. That, alone, is a huge project. Fortunately Mary Diamond said her dad might be willing to help me. (I have to design it around Woodall's descriptions and my equipment. And I want it to close up with a wood front for UPS shipping.)

If I could get another gibbet, I might make a mate for Bucky. (He needs a girlfriend.) Maybe I'll save a search on eBay for gibbets and see what happens...

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

A proper surgeon's chest. That, alone, is a huge project. Fortunately Mary Diamond said her dad might be willing to help me. (I have to design it around Woodall's descriptions and my equipment. And I want it to close up with a wood front for UPS shipping.)

If I could get another gibbet, I might make a mate for Bucky. (He needs a girlfriend.) Maybe I'll save a search on eBay for gibbets and see what happens...

And then, just like that, I found one on-line. It's even cheaper than the other one was and looks like the same basic thing.

http://www.brandsonsale.com/hg-004423.html

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ah, the projects, they are numerous.

A proper Tent ~ not that I am in it all that much, but I prefer not having my entire wardrobe on display (yes, I know ~ had I simply purchased a tent as planned, then I wouldn't have had that problem - we are still most grateful for the loan of the fly from Edward and Dutchie!), and then dealing with pulling everything inside the tent when it started to rain. Made it damn hard to stay organized and get ready in the morning ~

2 more tuckaway chairs.

My vanity kyodai.

Wooden and plexi lanterns with artificial LED candles for inside the tent.

My merchant's grog barrel ~ secret squirrel stash for cold drinks.

Some form of a large, unbreakable, portable mirror. Getting dressed by by hand-mirror leaves a bit to be desired.

And, most likely, a second sea chest. Gosh, they fill up quickly.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Where do I start... this has been a slow process and the list it just get longer doesn't it!

make PC clothes for me including at lease one set of stays (argh!)

make PC clothes for Chris

sew, sew, sew, sew, sew, sew, sew!

find an affordable REAL tent so I don't have to sleep soaking wet, ever again!..:cough: :hack: :cough:...water proofing junk is that JUNK!

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

well since sealkies hyde is up, my christmas projects are done and my one surprise project is almost here- 5 weeks early and the follow up will only take a week or so... i guess i'll go back to buildin a pirate ship. slow winter i guess. maybe work on the house instead.

• 1 month later...

1 - Traverse boards. I'm going to finish the Watch Dog traverse boards and add another one for the Mercury.

Traverse boards, Sir William? Does the encampment move about? Or will we witness the launchin' o' the Mercury, at PIP '09?

Aye, pictures please. Wot marks will ye be silk screenin' on the bags an bales?

Traverse boards, Sir William? Does the encampment move about? Or will we witness the launchin' o' the Mercury, at PIP '09?

Aye, pictures please. Wot marks will ye be silk screenin' on the bags an bales?

Don't I wish. No launchings that I know of. Still, we need a trunk filled to brimming with nautical devices. I shall make one with appropriate Mercury imagery and perhaps we might persuade Keith to another backstaff.

• 2 months later...

With no one chiming in since February I thought that I would refresh this thread with some updates. Tracy has purchased her materials for stays and the like. I'm currently working on traverse boards and some wanted posters I've been putting off forever.