I HATE SNOW.......

Patrick Hand

:::nods;::: I agree with ye there, Maggie. I hate ice as well. Don't mind th' snow, and sometimes th' cold, but it's the nasty ice that bothers me.

Suppose t' be gettin' some icy weather on thursday and/or friday as well. NOT looking forward to that.

Likewis, Maggie. Stay warm AND safe.

It's been one snow event after another. Spooks the hell out of me cause the north is getting pounded moreso than here in Iowa. Worries me cause it's the type of weather that happens before the spring thaw when there's more rain.... hence, FLOODS. Floods BAD. Very, very bad.

Lady B

Edited by LadyBarbossa

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First snow of the season, and I hate it already.....

Cold icky nasty wet sh***** ergh.... stuff....

Dude. You live in frickin' Cali man, move someplace where it's warmer.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, lol! :blink: It says central California for his location, now I'm wondering where he is that it snows? :D I'm down in the San Diego area, aka Southern California. It's been pretty darn cold around here recently. Gloomy, rainy (lots of rain), windy and just very cold. It's that damp cold that goes right thru ya. It's been in the late 40s to early 50s during the day. I know that'd be a heat wave to other states where it's like minus 7 degrees, but remember, this is Southern California. California natives are not used to that kind of cold, our blood is thinner, brrrrr!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

It says central California for his location, now I'm wondering where he is that it snows? :D

People forget that California has mountains. The tallest mountain in the contiguous US (lower 48) is in Central California (Mount Whitney, 14.505 feet), and the inactive volcanoes in Northern California (Mount Shasta, Mount Lassen) are part of the Pacific Ring of Fire.

So yes, California DOES get snow. :rolleyes:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

It's been documented that it snowed in Escondido way back when and I know it snowed in Lake Elsinore a few years back. If it gets cold enough here inland, and the weather is just right, we could get snow, but it wouldn't last for long.

Most of the time here in sunny southern Calif. we are just kicking back and enjoying it.

Cat.gif

California is a BIG state. You could fit a dozen East Coast states inside of it and still have plenty of extra space. We actually have two zones here: Northern California is in a temperate zone and Southern California is a sub-tropical desert. So yes - it gets quite cold and snowy in Northern and Central California. Here in the Bay Area we do get below-freezing temperatures (mostly overnight) but it only snows in the higher elevations. Closer to the water we get rain, ice, gail-force (and sometimes hurricane-force) winds and hail.

Edited by Red-Handed Jill

RHJMap.jpg

Central California is slightly misleading, California is a huge state... there is Southern California, Northern California... Central California is usually considered the valley... But I'm up in the mountains at 4000 feet in the center part of California where it is bent.... (I'm about 3 hours East of the San Fransisco Bay Area)

This is just the first snow... a little more than a foot of the icky sh...stuff... and more is suppose to be on the way......

FirstSnow2008.jpg

:::nods::: Oh, I believe it, Patrick. Snow falling in areas doesn't surprise me any more. Looks like you got a good amount there. How many inches? Have a snowball fight yet? Make a snowman? Go sledding or skiing?

Eeehh... Johnny, I sympathize. Ice be bad.

Getting a good amount of snow right now that will last until around 10pm tonight and will end up with nigh 6 inches.

At least this storm wasn't as half bad as the last one which kept changing minute by minute. This one is pretty solid and predictible and calm.

However, Thursday and Friday doesn't sound so sweet. Talking about ice on Thursday and a snow storm on friday. Joyful. : :(

~Lady B

Of course it snows in parts of California, I was just trying to figure what part of Central California Patrick is in. Whenever I think of Central California I think of the valley, more inland. The mountain areas get it the most, but as Rumba pointed out we have had freak snow storms in Southern California. It doesn't last long at all, but the white stuff has fallen. Some beach areas even got the freak snow storm as well, it was bizarre to see that on the news the one year! ;)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

In 1982 I went to Chicago to visit my mom and sis for X-mas. It was -80 with windchill. We went out the back door to get some wood for the yule fire about ten feet. My face froze and my eyes froze shut immediately! The morning I left to go home, actual temp was -22, wind chill -70. I pulled up the door handle on my truck and it snapped off like a toothpick! I was parked inside the garage! That was cold. Snow was the least of my troubles. It was all I could do to keep a clear spot on the window to see through all the way past St. Louis.

Bo

{quote}"But I'm up in the mountains at 4000 feet in the center part of California where it is bent.... "{/quote}

Southern Caliefornie-ians be smarter then th' rest o' th' states for we keep our snow up high in th' mountains where only fur covered bears 'n mountain goats live.

But ye all now see what happens when ye let someone like Patrick move in, he goes 'n leaves th' state lay'n around till he steps on it 'n bends it; how he's half is broken and it snows on him - serves ye right! Take care o' yer state next time!!!

;)

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Well, instead of getting down to -5 where Chain Shot had to stop last night, it got down to -10. The diesel in the fuel lines on his big rig turned to gel, so the engine wouldn't start this morning. Had to call a mechanic to get things running again, which was tough, since most of the mechanics in the small town (read: wide spot in road) were already dealing with lots of iced-up stuff. Then he's going to have to put the chains back and drive 30 mph to get over Crater Lake Hwy in order to get home. That makes two times he's had to chain and unchain.

Needless to say, his last two days have not been fun.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Prayers Chain Shot reaches home safe an' sound, Ransom.

Had a multi-semi pile up on I-80 near Iowa City this afternoon. Blocked traffic both ways for at least a couple hours.

~Lady B

Thanks for your prayers and thoughts. He's back safe, finally. Thank God. <_<

(You guys are the best!)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Ye be most welcome. Good to hear he's home safe. After hearing about that multi-semi pile up today on the interstate... just increased m' prayers fo' ol' Chainshot. :)

~Lady B

We got several inches. I kind of like the stuff, to be honest. It can have an artistic touch...

winter.jpg

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

<_< Drove home in 40 minutes of ice pellets :( I hate that.

Snow turns my work day into chaos at JFK. damn and I had planned to spend my down time surfing for Christmas presents.

If I don't have to drive in it, you'll find me out playing in it <_<

YOu just might get pushed in that snow drift "FWOOFFFF!"

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Oh, snow can be quite lovely.......if your sitting in front of the fireplace, sipping hot buttered rum, reading a good book, and not having to go outside...unless you wish to make snow angels...then come right back in, take a hot bath, and refill your rum cup.

Working in it...driving in it...FORGET IT!!!

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I read this article on Yahoo how the whole nation is dealing with a harsh winter. Yes, Southern California is included in this article, we're not used to it being down in the late 40s during the day. Check out the article here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081217/ap_on_re_us/cold_snap So much for global warming, sheesh! :rolleyes:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg