I HATE SNOW.......

Patrick Hand

eh...only had a mre 2 and a half feet to clear outta my drive last night.....course at the end...when the plaow went by....4 friggin foot drift.....that heavey arse wet snow/ice combo.......damn i miss the Keys allready....

yo Harry....dont need a permanent(or at least durring the winters) pyrate down at the fort do ya....also used to do civalwar cannons ehh??

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh...only had a mre 2 and a half feet to clear outta my drive last night.....course at the end...when the plaow went by....4 friggin foot drift.....that heavey arse wet snow/ice combo.......damn i miss the Keys allready....

yo Harry....dont need a permanent(or at least durring the winters) pyrate down at the fort do ya....also used to do civalwar cannons ehh??

We be always recruitin' cannon persons!! Fill out a Florida State Park volunteer form on line to volunteer here in the winter months and get away from that white stuff!!!

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

Fort Taylor Pyrate Fest MySpace Page

Master Hairbone's MySpace Page

-------

There is no more equitable judge than a cannon

I dont mind the snow now that I am retired ., I just dont like it at 10:00 p.m. when I havent started my back-hoe for 3 months.

I try to be a good neighbor tho any way ., and yes ., they know I am a freak. Later after I changed out of my Jammers (sweat-pants) me an the wife went for a city wide cruise on the back-hoe ., and we go on the prowl now at night with it. :lol:

Snow_08_05.JPG

Snow_08_06.JPG

Why not the Cops cant catch me :lol:

Snow_08_01.JPG

Edited by HarborMaster

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

A Merry Christmas right back at ye, Maggie. And indeed it will be a white Christmas for some.

Bloody hell! Hester, we must be in the same region, lass. Otherwise, this storm is awefully widespread, m'dear. Getting some blizzard conditions here, too. The wind be howlin' out there. Temps dropping mighty low tonight with wind chills below 30. Oooo... and this is only December! Can't wait fo' February. :::sarcastic:::

I'm keeping watch on the storms out west. Usually what all ye westerners get, it comes towards us. And not good usually as each storm has been tapping into the Gulf Coast for some loverly moisture, hence the storms that just don't die and they continue on to the east.

But, again, I'm glad at least we are getting the snow now and not later like in March and especially April. God, I hope we don't have another snow storm in the middle of April.

Oh, and HarborMaster... are ye wearin' some of yo'r piratical get-up? Hehehe, gettin' into the spirit of the season all pirate like? Or just gettin' into the spirits as a good pirate does?

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I need to move to somewhere where the climate can support palm trees...
2c4f4b6a-6173-42f8-b87a-584e35395beb.jpg even the palm tress aren't being bypassed this year. Edited by Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

45 below wind chills right now. The light snow that fell yesterday is blowing like crazy here. It is too darn cold to even start to get the driveway open. I hate winter. I hate it. Did I say that I hate winter. In Key West it is 74 right now.

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

Lucky B...living in the Keys like that and gloating about it at us...anyway, growing up in the Army, I lived for a year in Bad Windsheim, in Bavaria...

... and that's why I live in the Keys. :rolleyes: I can't deal with that stuff anymore. Years living in northern Germany, the mountains of Arizona and a the interior of Alaska game me more than enough of that white stuff!

Damn, thats sharp!

Woah did the palms survive the snow?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

As much as I have to agree with all of you in hating snow... There is something I hate more than snow that is related...

COLD!!!

It is sooooooo cold here today in central Ohio, that my tire went flat. It's too cold for me to have a proper look at it to make a guess as to how it happened, but I'm thinking it was likely that either the extreme cold cracked the seal on the tire, or froze the tire itself causing a crack... There is an outside chance that it might have been a random act of vandalism... But what kind of vandal would be out in that cold?!?!?

Oh, well, no harm no foul... The worst thing to come of this is a missed day of work (meaning more to catch up on tomorrow) and a loss of a days pay.... :unsure:

Michael_banner.jpg

BLOODY HELL ITS COLD.

GAWD, I wish I was back in the Bahamas. I just called work and am expected to make it in today...BRRRRRR...hoping against hope twill warm up before I have to leave...Yeah right like that is really gonna happen. oi, trying to get ta fortitude to brave the windy chill.

Edited by Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

WOOHOO, it gone up a whole 2 degrees so its only -23... :unsure:

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamg it's ~*&*&"@# cold here in the East!!!!!!!!!

But 'tis beautiful and sunny.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

We be always recruitin' cannon persons!! Fill out a Florida State Park volunteer form on line to volunteer here in the winter months and get away from that white stuff!!!

VOLUNTEER???.....thats sounds an awful lot like free....dont know if i can convince the wif of that.... :unsure: ....yet

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

What? Ye don't do things fo' free, Dogge?

Ooo... a break in the weather... so to speak. Th' chill is suppose to ease up a bit. Just slightly to get us outta th' Wind Chill Warning by noon. :::knocks on wood::: BUT... looks like snow will start rolling in this evening... snow through Tuesday and into Wednesday. Hey, at least the wind isn't blowin' so hard th' snow goes flyin' faster than a cannonball to th' point he can't see trees, houses let alone yo'r hand in yo'r face. Ahhh, blizzards.

At least I am enjoyin' some hot chocolate, wrappin' presents, listenin' to Christmas music, etc... Gotta make an attempt t' send off a gift t'day. That is... IF I don't freeze instantly when I walk out th' door. :unsure:

:::Looks at all those out West::: damn ye! Sendin' all that weather towards us. Shame on ye!

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

:::Looks at all those out West::: damn ye! Sendin' all that weather towards us. Shame on ye!

~Lady B

That's cuz we don' know what t'do wit' all this white stuff; ye scurvy dogs in t'east has more experience. :unsure:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

A lovely 5°F, -7°F with windchill, just minutes from O'Hare, IL.

My big problem with the winter in Chicago? No humidity. I feel like sand, have bronchitis and a dry cough that won't go away, am drinking constantly and visiting the loo every 5 minutes, it seems ~ yet my hands are practically white, they are so dry and cracked. I NEED to live in a rainforest. Thought it would be fun to attend Burning Man ~ 'til I found out how dry it would be there.

I set up the humidifier in the bathroom next to our bedroom (don't want the moisture falling on the hardwood floors), and was brushing out my hair while standing in the stream of humidity ~ and my hair still Stood on End.

This is ridiculous, and I am miserable.

Who here saw the movie Big Fish?

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

A lovely 5°F, -7°F with windchill, just minutes from O'Hare, IL.

My big problem with the winter in Chicago? No humidity. I feel like sand, have bronchitis and a dry cough that won't go away, am drinking constantly and visiting the loo every 5 minutes, it seems ~ yet my hands are practically white, they are so dry and cracked. I NEED to live in a rainforest. Thought it would be fun to attend Burning Man ~ 'til I found out how dry it would be there.

I set up the humidifier in the bathroom next to our bedroom (don't want the moisture falling on the hardwood floors), and was brushing out my hair while standing in the stream of humidity ~ and my hair still Stood on End.

This is ridiculous, and I am miserable.

Who here saw the movie Big Fish?

I saw the movie several times.... and regarding Florida Sunshine... your welcome at our house anytime!!

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

Snow, rain, snow, rain....

Yesterday I went into town. Came out of a store and thought I was halucinating.....the SUN was out! For about 15 min. Then back to gloom.....rain, snow, rain, snow......

I agree, Mary. My situation isn't quite as bad as yours, but between the wood burning stove, the heater in my car, and the heaters in the stores, my sinuses feel like I'm in the Sahara. I also have what they call "dry eye", which gets even worse in the winter. I'd be blind without eyedrops.

Gah! Still five more months until summer. <_<

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Ah, Ransom ~ that is terrible! I seem to recall you mentioning that before.

So ~ it took me 1.5 hours to dig out my driveway to get to my doctors appointment. Got back from the doctor ~ I have a nasty viral infection form of bronchitis, so I am off to la la land with my favorite bronchie drug ~ Tussionex. My dear hubby nicknames many things ~ bronchitis is brontosaur. When I get it, I have a tail. HhhhhhaaacKKK. Nope. Still have a tail. Ah, well ~ give me another week.

Oh LooK! It is snowing again ~ how fun.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!