I HATE SNOW.......

Patrick Hand

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we've had it here for the last three days. Bleah! It's cutting into my Christmas shopping/mailing time, 'cause I don't drive in the snow.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Aye, well, when we here got our first snow, before Thanksgiving, I came down sick. Clear proof that I be allergic to The Evil (I seldom use the "S" Word). I checked with my doctor and he said he'd give me a prescription to move down to Florida, but I haven't seen it yet.

Remember, never call it S***...call it The Evil...

First snow of the season, and I hate it already.....

Cold icky nasty wet sh***** ergh.... stuff....

Damn, thats sharp!

I got a call from Chain Shot, who is on a truck run up to northern Oregon. He had to put chains on his big rig, which took him an hour, and then drive 30 mph for the next three hours on packed snow. He was supposed to be home by tonight, but that's not going to happen now.

Nasty, ichy, cold, evil, shite!! :P

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Alright now, what is all this talk 'bout "snow". We here in Southern California have laws 'gainst such stuff, especially if it be fall'n from th' sky.....naught that that ever bother'd th' bothers down th' alley mind ye.

Now I do know our new President Elect has no issue with snow, matter o' fact he admits t' like'n it once him self, but I think ye all gonna get raid'd by th' Admerality Feds if'n ye do naught clean up yer act - just remember; just because he be th' President do naught mean he 'makes' th' laws....after all, just look'ee at th' wild tabac'ee laws in Southern California, they tried t' make that legal too but people still get hung fer it!

:P

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Now I do know our new President Elect has no issue with snow, matter o' fact he admits t' like'n it once him self, but I think ye all gonna get raid'd by th' Admerality Feds if'n ye do naught clean up yer act - just remember; just because he be th' President do naught mean he 'makes' th' laws....after all, just look'ee at th' wild tabac'ee laws in Southern California, they tried t' make that legal too but people still get hung fer it!

:P

Whua? :P

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I like the snow... When the city deals with it in a quick and efficient manner. What's with just leaving it lay on the roads? Do they own a truck with a scrapper on it or a de-icing truck? Or do they wait for trucks transporting de-icing chemicals to loose control and spill their contents, one lost it's trailer on I-205 today. Back in Kansas City if roads where still icy the day after a storm the city would get some angry calls.

Conceptual Simplicity, Structural Complexity, Achieves a Greater State of humanity.

It was in the 40's yesterday and the snow started to melt... Then it dropped below zero and now everything is ice... I also hate this C-rap!!

Edited by Rats

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Snow is OK in moderation, but ice and freezing rain sucks! So does temperatures in the teens and below for days at a time... blahhh! I tried to work the forge today at 14 degrees, but the metal doesn't co-operate at these temps! Do NOT grab a piece of metal from the bucket with sweaty hands!!! Same as sticking yer tongue on a lamp-post! (I TRIPLE DOG DARE YA!) :P Thought I'd never get loose! Hadda come in and run warm water over my hand to get free!

Bo

I don't mind looking at snow, but getting buried in it ain't any fun let alone driving in it (that was an adventure in my lowriding PT Cruiser). That's why I moved far, far away from the stuff. Now I only have to look at it (from up close) a few days each year.

Next week I'm sure it'll snow while I'm there, and it's been freezing cold in CO (at or below zero) and is supposed to stay that way. :angry:

I'll suck it up though...someone playully suggested snow angels and writing in the snow. I'll surely give the first one a try for sake of nostalgia, but the other one I'll leave up to the guys in my family. :huh:

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

It's still snowing!!!!!!........... Dang icky cold wet sh....stuff......

CalTrans keeps Hwy4 clear for the skiers (buncha fools who drive up here to slide down the mountain covered with the icky wet sh...stuff... the only redeeming thing about skiing is drinking afterwards... but why not cut-out the skying part and just start with drinking?) ... I'd have to shovel out my driveway if I wanted to get outta here anyway.... I HATE SNOW

Patrick, ye takes yerself a couple o' high powered blow torches, like th' ones they use t' dry off th' track at a drag race, then ye mount them t' th' front o' yer pickup 'n fill 'em up with High Octane 'n mount yer truck on a couple o' pontoons

Then SAIL yer way int' town!

Now Let's Get'er Done!

It's still snowing!!!!!!........... Dang icky cold wet sh....stuff......

CalTrans keeps Hwy4 clear for the skiers (buncha fools who drive up here to slide down the mountain covered with the icky wet sh...stuff... the only redeeming thing about skiing is drinking afterwards... but why not cut-out the skying part and just start with drinking?) ... I'd have to shovel out my driveway if I wanted to get outta here anyway.... I HATE SNOW

Hey, Patrick, Chain Shot is stuck in a town on Eastern Oregon, where it is supposed to get down to -5 degrees tonight. He doesn't even know if his truck will turn over in the morning, because the oil will be so thick — worse than molasses! :blink:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Well I had always heard that th' real trick be t' just think 'Warm Thoughts'

Com'on Pirates! Gather 'Round, Join Hands, Let's All Think 'WARM THOUGHTS'! :blink:

Eastern Oregon, where it is supposed to get down to -5 degrees tonight. :D

minus 5? *phfffff*

Try -20, where ye step outside 'n suddenly th' buggers in yer nose Freeze Solid in an instant, seal'n yer nose solid so ye can't breath - Now THAT is cold!! :D

Try -20 with yer head stick'n out th' turret o' a tank go'n 15 miles per hour down a German side road - NOW THAT is COLD!! :D

Try 20 degree on New Year's Eve; at Ground Level - but ye be at 10,000 feet 'n jump'n through a sheet o' ice what pierces th' skin o' yer face 'n make'n it bleed but th' blood freezes solid - Now that naught be so cold, but it be pretty cold! :blink:

Come'on Pirates! Gather 'Round Now! THINK 'WARM THOUGHTS'!! :D

Edited by MadL

minus 5... hehehe, I believe it. We are not all that far off from that here in Iowa. Been cold here all day, near 0 with a windchil between 12 below to 25 below. Brrr.

Suppose to be getting over 4 inches starting tomorrow afternoon. Oooo. My sister's kids are hoping for no school. Hahaha, nope, they will go to school as the snow won't be pummeling until when they get out.

I heard ye got some snow over yo'r direction, Patrick. How much did ye get there? They didn't say on the weather channel. Also heard that California was getting some downpours.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Hey, it's better to have it now thank in April.

Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Aye! We got snow here also at the beach! Very pretty to see the sand dunes covered in the stuff. We only get it two or three times a year, but that is enough for me. Right now it is ice. We are suppose to get some more on Thursday. My biggest problem is that I don't like to drive in it. To get to work, I have to drive on a little windy road with drop offs at every turn. The road to Cape Disappointment never sees sunlight, so it stays icy for days. Makes for a slow and nervous ride. I think I went about 15 mph all the way! LOL! Me knuckles turning white, along with me face!

But it is pretty. That is the only good thing I have to say about it.

Stay warm everyone!

:blink: