The hanging of Capt Sterling

Diosa De Cancion

Spike - Harry -Dogge - Sterling - ETC...

For the Mallory Square one could we do a reverse of what we do for Mary and Anne and drag one of your pirates down to Mallory Square in shackles and then do the hanging... more of a set up....

Oh like the dragging bit... won't have to walk that distance... did I mention Maddogge is very, very strong.... snigger

You don't have the be dragged the whole way... you can have a drop off on a side street near by and then just have Dogge drag, carry, etc.... :)

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.... I'm offline a few hours and there was a party it seems..... Lesse....

1st back on the original topic....

Spike - Harry -Dogge - Sterling - ETC...

For the Mallory Square one could we do a reverse of what we do for Mary and Anne and drag one of your pirates down to Mallory Square in shackles and then do the hanging... more of a set up....

Spike

What the heck was it with balls this year? Seems no one kept ahold of theirs... Crispy sent balls across the fort after playing with them with a stick (some questions are better left unasked), you lost yours in the water, Dogge lost his on the parade grounds....Sheesh...

I like the idea of the "reverse" march and bringing the dread Pyrat HUNTER to Mallory to be hung by Pyrats. Harry is really good at those proclamations and such. I like it and it seems that Capt Sterling favors this as a possible scenario also.

As for the "ball" issues. My theory is that it is directly proportional to the increase in number of cannons this year. A record number of cannon and I believe it made the more impetuous among us not pay as much attention to the balls as the cannon. Or the Rhum, Mead, Green Fairy surprise and other assorted mind benders created some new found gravity issues, for balls and belles alike!

I like the idea of the "reverse" march and bringing the dread Pyrat HUNTER to Mallory to be hung by Pyrats. Harry is really good at those proclamations and such. I like it and it seems that Capt Sterling favors this as a possible scenario also.

Ye call it Spike, tis yers and Harry's show... just tell us what ye would like and we shall see if we can make it work, and then again, Maddogge can make just about anything work...he's that good.

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Captain Sterling - you never cease to amaze me. I would take my hat off to you if I hadn't sold it for mead that I didn't buy.

The hanging demonstration was executed superbly - believe it or not no pun was intended there.

Captain Sterling - you never cease to amaze me. I would take my hat off to you if I hadn't sold it for mead that I didn't buy.

The hanging demonstration was executed superbly - believe it or not no pun was intended there.

pssst....here that Sterling.... ;) .....YOU did a great job.....

;) ...i really got to re-write that show.

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

He meant "you" as in the ENTIRE crewe... now to do that little trick Pern created, stick ones fingers in their ears and walk away saying "la, la, la, la, la..."

besides IF ye re write the show, I will get even MORE credit, for being a tall drink of water, but no waif, and YET still being able to lift ye off the ground... I can just hear it now... Wow Sterling that was some hanging... we can't believe you could hoist Maddogge up that high... how did you do it?? You were fantastic...

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

He meant "you" as in the ENTIRE crewe... now to do that little trick Pern created, stick ones fingers in their ears and walk away saying "la, la, la, la, la..."

besides IF ye re write the show, I will get even MORE credit, for being a tall drink of water, but no waif, and YET still being able to lift ye off the ground... I can just hear it now... Wow Sterling that was some hanging... we can't believe you could hoist Maddogge up that high... how did you do it?? You were fantastic...

Wow... that would be impressive! I mean, consider the shoulders on Dogge and the size of him.... oh wait... the guy on the plane already mentioned that.... :)

I would say poor Dogge, but I gave him complete credit for being able to rile the crowd and send the rush through the crowd that got the mob mentality going, but what I say obviously doesn't count for crap (I figure if he gets to be pouty, I might as well be too...)

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

You mean D'ogge was there? ;)

Did he do something?

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Wow... that would be impressive! I mean, consider the shoulders on Dogge and the size of him.... oh wait... the guy on the plane already mentioned that.... :)

I would say poor Dogge, but I gave him complete credit for being able to rile the crowd and send the rush through the crowd that got the mob mentality going, but what I say obviously doesn't count for crap (I figure if he gets to be pouty, I might as well be too...)

Marines... in one ear and out the other

Crewe of the Archangel

You mean D'ogge was there? ;)

Did he do something?

-- Hurricane

remind me to kill ye the next time I see ye...

Crewe of the Archangel

We all have our crosses to bear, dear Captain - you have that Wendy Whiner, D'ogge and I have that Light Breaking, Mangy Animal to contend with.

We are both in a living hell.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Aye but de Dogge is a captan as well, ye'd think he would understand... although I would love to see the crowd yelling "well let go ya dummy", and now that he's fed me that line, aye, I would be the first to shout it...

;)

Crewe of the Archangel

Well hell, it would make for one brilliant skit...

Crewe of the Archangel

We all have our crosses to bear, dear Captain - you have that Wendy Whiner, D'ogge and I have that Light Breaking, Mangy Animal to contend with.

We are both in a living hell.

-- Hurricane

Yeay, but me brother from another mother D'ogge keep yer on yer toes. Sometimes literally ;)

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Aye he stretches that rope and I'm on my toes, he gives the bottle of green fairy to Mae and suddenly she's on her toes as well...trying to get a sip... hmmm ;)

Crewe of the Archangel

I have a very strange happening to add to this thread, so please bear with me on this. First, I was amazed and impressed with the hanging reenactment that was done by Arch Angel. It was very well done and kudos to all involved. That's not the strange part....

For those who do not know, I am a Director of Nursing for a Detention Center, thus I am the top medical person in the jail.

Yesterday, my jail had an incident... attempted suicide by hanging. A very serious attempt, and it would have succeeded if not for the quick actions of our staff. I have been in EMS and Nursing for years and have seen the aftermath of a hanging, but never one actually in progress. I arrived with the inmate hanging, still breathing and barely concious. We got her down and were able to revive her, due to the very short time that she was hanging, but the ligiture marks indicated that she was only a few minutes from a successful attempt.

Here it comes.... Just for the record, as someone who has no personally witnessed the "real deal"... My first thought after sending her out in the ambulance was... " Holy Crap...It was just like Sterling!" Your reenactment was so "true to life" it is absolutely astonishing. The hard work and efforts of MA dDogge and his group that perfected this are to be highly commended. I just thought you'd like to know how well you all compare, and that even in the most challenging of days, my thoughts are still at PiP with the family I have, not just wish I did!

WELL DONE! Kudos to all

I have a very strange happening to add to this thread, so please bear with me on this. First, I was amazed and impressed with the hanging reenactment that was done by Arch Angel. It was very well done and kudos to all involved. That's not the strange part....

For those who do not know, I am a Director of Nursing for a Detention Center, thus I am the top medical person in the jail.

Yesterday, my jail had an incident... attempted suicide by hanging. A very serious attempt, and it would have succeeded if not for the quick actions of our staff. I have been in EMS and Nursing for years and have seen the aftermath of a hanging, but never one actually in progress. I arrived with the inmate hanging, still breathing and barely concious. We got her down and were able to revive her, due to the very short time that she was hanging, but the ligiture marks indicated that she was only a few minutes from a successful attempt.

Here it comes.... Just for the record, as someone who has no personally witnessed the "real deal"... My first thought after sending her out in the ambulance was... " Holy Crap...It was just like Sterling!" Your reenactment was so "true to life" it is absolutely astonishing. The hard work and efforts of MA dDogge and his group that perfected this are to be highly commended. I just thought you'd like to know how well you all compare, and that even in the most challenging of days, my thoughts are still at PiP with the family I have, not just wish I did!

WELL DONE! Kudos to all

OHH FAYMA!! So sorry this is part of your work... Thank GOD you were there and this woman survived. Despite her circumstances, prison and all, there's nothing worse than the despair that leads to a suicide attempt... still I'm glad that amidst all of this you have a place where you can laugh at the absurd in life. We love you!! and I'm so grateful to be a part of your family!

XOXOX

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

WELL DONE! Kudos to all

Thank you for the kind words but so sorry you had to go through what you did. Thank God, all worked out positively for the lady, and I hope once she fully recovers that she sees that life is still worth living no matter what. Thanks for being there for her and all of us. Miss you.

Crewe of the Archangel

well then...maybe next time...i'll just hang meself!!!

that'll show ya.... :P

i can see it all now...the whole crowd yellin.....well let go ya dummy!!

:P

Sorry about the wording there Dogge, but you know how it is - the front man always gets the credit. . . were you even involved at all? :P

pssst....here that Sterling.... :P .....YOU did a great job.....

:P ...i really got to re-write that show.

Mister d'Dogge,

I know that I told you how impressed I was with your performance but I can no longer keep quiet about the experience. You are truly a motivator. You managed to excite me so much that I didn't care who heard me shouting. Nor did I care about any danger to my dear friend John hearing me find pleasure in your performance. Your prowess in keeping em up for so long, pausing for but a moment and continuing to please with your oral expertise was beyond my imagination. I wait impatiently for our next experience together. :P

Edited by Silkie McDonough

pssst....here that Sterling.... :rolleyes: .....YOU did a great job.....

:huh: ...i really got to re-write that show.

Mister d'Dogge,

I know that I told you how impressed I was with your performance but I can no longer keep quiet about the experience. You are truly a motivator. You managed to excite me so much that I didn't care who heard me shouting. Nor did I care about any danger to my dear friend John hearing me find pleasure in your performance. Your prowess in keeping em up for so long, pausing for but a moment and continuing to please with your oral expertise was beyond my imagination. I wait impatiently for our next experience together. :lol:

:huh:

:(

:lol:

:lol: mind in the gutter....

Crewe of the Archangel