The hanging of Capt Sterling

Diosa De Cancion

If folks are concerned with the public's response, instead of doing a full hanging such as Rackham to start.. we might want to consider doing a skit with our regular characters and a hanging with a happy ending... I have an idea, but I need to run it past Maddogge, Spike and Harry first....

I am open to ALL ideas from the Arch Angel crewe. You black dogs outdid yerselves agin this year. Not only taken the gold, but havin a right mutiny, with the crewe hangin the captain and turning Pyrat. Now can ye see why yer crewe be our role models? We are Sunset performers and I think we can perform both types of hangins at the pier. Aye, let's have a sit down, be a blue moon yet?

i'd be up for that....but first we gots to convince the wife i can come back... :huh: ...!?!?!

she starting to figure out how much fun i actually did have!?!?

an she aint buyin that there was even a competion.....let alone that i won anythin....considerin i didn't even git home with a trophy or nuthin....

but i do have the gold medal....i have yet to take it off....!?!?! :angry:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its obvious to me and all those around me that you know what your doing, it was spectacularly done. There will always be some city official or such that needs some convincing just a part of the business of public theater, still I have no doubt you can convince them.

I have to agree with patrick one of my favorite moments was when Sterling started to chuckle. I really hope the Callahans saved that photo for a poster next year, the mob with the smiling Sterling in the noose.

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

One just has to chuckle at the way Spike runs an auction, ye start out low, go high once and then go lower, and lower and lower...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

If folks are concerned with the public's response, instead of doing a full hanging such as Rackham to start.. we might want to consider doing a skit with our regular characters and a hanging with a happy ending... I have an idea, but I need to run it past Maddogge, Spike and Harry first....

I am open to ALL ideas from the Arch Angel crewe. You black dogs outdid yerselves agin this year. Not only taken the gold, but havin a right mutiny, with the crewe hangin the captain and turning Pyrat. Now can ye see why yer crewe be our role models? We are Sunset performers and I think we can perform both types of hangins at the pier. Aye, let's have a sit down, be a blue moon yet?

i'd be up for that....but first we gots to convince the wife i can come back... :huh: ...!?!?!

an she aint buyin that there was even a competion.....let alone that i won anythin....considerin i didn't even git home with a trophy or nuthin....

but i do have the gold medal....i have yet to take it off....!?!?! :rolleyes:

you would not belive how many times we have run up against opposition...before anyone has seen it!?!?!

so ....to counteract this....we have/are compiling a tape as well as letters of refference.....from all the museums, faires, shows, and forts(hinthint)....or from anyone official sounding...that we may send these ahead to quell the nervous stomachs of myopic officials.

please...if anyone feels obligated to do so...our crewe would love letter of refference for the hangins....please send to the Captain Sterling.

thanks.

One just has to chuckle at the way Spike runs an auction, ye start out low, go high once and then go lower, and lower and lower...

I think the problem was no one was bidding.... we were all too busy snapping picture with you like some big trophy fish..LOL --

RNR2.gif

Ambrose Bierce

"but i do have the gold medal....i have yet to take it off....!?!?!" rolleyes.gif

robbie got a blue ribbon, but didn't find it till the next morning. wonder what tent he ended up in?

Wasn't any of the girls' tents, that's fer sure...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

"but i do have the gold medal....i have yet to take it off....!?!?!" rolleyes.gif

robbie got a blue ribbon, but didn't find it till the next morning. wonder what tent he ended up in?

Wasn't any of the girls' tents, that's fer sure...

i left me kilt at home...better ask ...Callenish.... :rolleyes:

I think the problem was no one was bidding.... we were all too busy snapping picture with you like some big trophy fish..LOL --

... yeah....Flipper :rolleyes:

:huh:

Crewe of the Archangel

you would not belive how many times we have run up against opposition...before anyone has seen it!?!?!

so ....to counteract this....we have/are compiling a tape as well as letters of refference.....from all the museums, faires, shows, and forts(hinthint)....or from anyone official sounding...that we may send these ahead to quell the nervous stomachs of myopic officials.

please...if anyone feels obligated to do so...our crewe would love letter of refference for the hangins....please send to the Captain Sterling.

thanks.

Agreed and much obliged to them that are willing to put pen to paper for us.

Crewe of the Archangel

Well ye be under contract. A BLOOD contract fer next year. We don't want to come and take yer first born hostage/

You had fun? Well ya know, if ye weren't such a camera hog there wouldn't be as much evidence. Maybe a more "pained" look on yer mug next time you are muggin up.

And we couldn't send ya home wid a broken trophy. We are fixin it up and you can show her the pictures of ole "Bonesy". He is already in the shop fer the upgrade and "plate" with NOT NIGEL engraved on it.

Aye, that Gold (ahem gold COLORED) Medal was well earned. Ye outchugged Kosta (but not me, the little guys can slug), and ye outplanked me and him, and almost won the damned cannon ball roll. It was supposed to be a cannon ball toss but you sissies couldn't LIFT it. Ye will be hard pressed to win agin next year. Especially with some ole worn out treasure map routing.

Aye, remember the contract, and if that ain't ENOUGH, I already BOUGHT the ticked for ya. How do you spell allouwissciouss agin?

Oh yeah best beware, Maddogge's already planning next year's WTP competition... damn if he won't blow ye all away...

Crewe of the Archangel

Oh yeah best beware, Maddogge's already planning next year's WTP competition... damn if he won't blow ye all away...

Oi. something more original that the ole "treasure map" and "pardon"? Let me guess ........... Cursed Aztec Gold Ahhhhehehehehe.

Well ye be under contract. A BLOOD contract fer next year. We don't want to come and take yer first born hostage/

You had fun? Well ya know, if ye weren't such a camera hog there wouldn't be as much evidence. Maybe a more "pained" look on yer mug next time you are muggin up.

And we couldn't send ya home wid a broken trophy. We are fixin it up and you can show her the pictures of ole "Bonesy". He is already in the shop fer the upgrade and "plate" with NOT NIGEL engraved on it.

Aye, that Gold (ahem gold COLORED) Medal was well earned. Ye outchugged Kosta (but not me, the little guys can slug), and ye outplanked me and him, and almost won the damned cannon ball roll. It was supposed to be a cannon ball toss but you sissies couldn't LIFT it. Ye will be hard pressed to win agin next year. Especially with some ole worn out treasure map routing.

Aye, remember the contract, and if that ain't ENOUGH, I already BOUGHT the ticked for ya. How do you spell allouwissciouss agin?

aye...i DID toss the cannonball.....wife is still pissed i cant find my left testicle..... :huh: .....i think it still there on the field somewhere....

aye...i DID toss the cannonball.....wife is still pissed i cant find my left testicle..... :rolleyes: .....i think it still there on the field somewhere....

Is that what that SMELL is on the parade grounds? Oi, I think the fire ants carried it away. Guess we gotta call ya One Ball Riiley now!

that would make him Nigel's second cousin once removed and me long lost brother --- Not Nigel "One Ball" Riley

Edited by RustyNell

RNR2.gif

Ambrose Bierce

Boy PiP just brings out all the cousins now, don't it? Cousin Hounddogge, Cousin Robbie, Cousin One Ball Riley (must be related to our Bosun Rats Riley) Cousin Not Maddogge...

Edited by Capt. Sterling

Crewe of the Archangel

that would make him Nigel's second cousin once removed and me long lost brother --- Not Nigel "One Ball" Riley

So if he loses his OTHER ball next year, does that mean he is your twice removed cousin?

ROTDLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He'll really need that chemise then...

Crewe of the Archangel

ROTDLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He'll really need that chemise then...

Could be worse. Executive Wench Shiela had to rescue BOTH me ball at the WTP. One floatin, and one on fire. Guess it was a bad year for rounders!

Wow.... I'm offline a few hours and there was a party it seems..... Lesse....

1st back on the original topic....

Dogge -

It was quite the event to watch. Well done by those of you that put this together. You do a damn great job at convincing the crowd they want to see someone hang. It was really interesting to watch the energy you were using at the front of the crowd start to spread from person to person until there was a whole mob going (I was camped out on the back right side of the crowd, on a bench and enjoyed watching the attitudes change). I just kicked back and felt as I had gone back in time and saw how the decision of the few to hang someone became the desire of the many. It was very curious to watch it in action.

I am not surprised you have a lot of opposition before people see it. People are afraid of what they cannot understand. I go back to the PC Florida issues as well, they are overly sensitive to EVERYTHING and run and hide from anything new or different.

I completely see how this could be a fantastic history lesson and be the catalyst for a discussion. Besides, New Hampshire and Washington State still have hanging as an execution option, so it's not like no one does it here anymore......

Dutch -

From a sympathy angle I can see more people cringing at a flogging, as I think they look at that more as torture where a hanging is a bit more permanent and 'less suffering' in the long run.... either that or they can more easily imaging being the one flogged (and bristle at the idea) than they can seeing themselves hang.

Spike - Harry -Dogge - Sterling - ETC...

For the Mallory Square one could we do a reverse of what we do for Mary and Anne and drag one of your pirates down to Mallory Square in shackles and then do the hanging... more of a set up....

Off Topic

Dogge

We can write an official note from our company stating our congratulations for your win and our expectations for you to compete to retain your title next year. Wait a sec, she has to know it's official...even Good Morning America picked it up! :)

Hurricane and I already offered to start a collection to send you a plane ticket with the official sounding paperwork to get your arse down here....

Spike

What the heck was it with balls this year? Seems no one kept ahold of theirs... Crispy sent balls across the fort after playing with them with a stick (some questions are better left unasked), you lost yours in the water, Dogge lost his on the parade grounds....Sheesh...

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Not to put a damper on the Mallory Square idea, but wasn't it something to do with Mallory Square that got PiP into so much trouble awhile back? It's good that the BIBs have a license to perform there, but it seems to me that you'd want to make pretty sure you guys don't jeopardize that. Get all the t's dotted and the i's crossed before we get too carried away with what could be a right controversial stunt. (Like most small towns, from what I've read in the Citizen, Key West's city council appears to have a somewhat stunted sense of humor.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Spike - Harry -Dogge - Sterling - ETC...

For the Mallory Square one could we do a reverse of what we do for Mary and Anne and drag one of your pirates down to Mallory Square in shackles and then do the hanging... more of a set up....

Oh like the dragging bit... won't have to walk that distance... did I mention Maddogge is very, very strong.... snigger

Crewe of the Archangel