Sketchbook artists

Pew

Several folks have pm'ed me with observations, comments and issues.

1) Members are not receiving books until well after the first of the month, (and I don't mean the second week of that month, more like the last week.)

2) Members are not receiving books for a certain month, and then getting two books to be done or the next mailing.

3) Questions about the amount of work in each book

4) Communication among members about time frames

While this is not a rant, it is simple genteel reminders about the articles you signed before heaving aboard.

I understand that life sometimes gets in the way with all of us having careers, families, and other hobbies. Especially around this time of the holidays where there is an added dimension to all our lives. I have mentioned one or some of these points of contention along the way and felt that maybe a thread is worthy of these reminders.

A schedule for mailing the sketchbooks is vital to the success of the project. if you cannot mail the book off by the first of the month, please contact the artist it is to go to and tell them it may be a little late. A week is understandable, but by no means should it be the end of the month. I know Patrick and Ransom have mentioned this specific issue is the past two sketchbook rounds, so while it is not a new issue to our round, it is nonetheless still prevalent and needs to be addressed.

Secondly, several times, I myself have received multiple books doubling the 'load' to be completed. ONE book, ONE month. It's that simple. Some folks do not any books, while others have two. A situation like this can lead to books being lost, (ask how I know), misplaced or not mailed at all. Please, only send one book at a time. If you receive two books, then only send one and the end of the month. I myself have two, and will only send one of the two to Matusalem by January 1st.

Another issue some have asked about is the amount of work they have to complete in each book. There is no 'required' amount to be completed. I myself have drawn tattoo-esqe type murals that take only two pages but are very intricate, and some journal entries that may be 3-4 pages. Do what you feel. If your muse is on holiday, then think simple for that month. A simple stamp or caraicature is fine. Maybe decorate the border, or cut-n-paste some piratey pictures on those pages. As long as there is something from your port-o-call, then your duty has been done.

I mentioned this earlier, but, if you do feel that you will be behind in the month's mailing, please let myself and/or the artist know the sketchbook will be late. Again, while a week or so is okay, please remember that that artist will now only have 3 weeks to keep the cycle alive.

Finally, HAVE FUN! This is not to be a project where you are forced to draw 'til you fingers bleed, (while it may look neat in a goache, it's not sanitary, hee-hee).

Thank you all for participating!!!!!!!

:P

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Quick comment:

Another suggestion if your up against the wall, time-wise, just paste in pictures from events you've attended, with captions of who the people are. Everyone loves event pictures. :D

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• 1 month later...
Quick comment:

Another suggestion if your up against the wall, time-wise, just paste in pictures from events you've attended, with captions of who the people are. Everyone loves event pictures. :(

BTW, Ransom, I have your book, which I am working on tonight and will send to Withoutaname this weekend.

SHIP2-1.jpg