Other Costumes

RedJessi

So, I mentioned at PiP to a few people that I have managed a superhero costume here or there, and I promised to post pics. So, here they are...

The Dark Phoenix (Original costume)

280901249_280749d80b_b.jpg

The Black Widow (Ultimate Universe version)

bw1.jpg

Dawn

jdawn.jpg

There are many other comic book girls I want to recreate - Scarlet Witch, Marvel Girl, the green and gold phoenix costume, Batgirl, and I am even thinking about the Tim Burton version of Catwoman. Lets not get into why I have a whole bunch of stretchable latex in my posession....

So, what non-piratey costumes have you done over the years?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it has been asked. I have a few, because well (I am a huge nerd)

Anyway here is one of my recent ones, that I think I pulled off rather well

wiz.jpg

Yes that is a Jesus in the background.

And another, better shot, I would argue

Wizard2.jpg

And my other costume, this one made recently, me as a Ghostbuster

Ghostbust-1.jpg

I look sad, because my proton pack broke :blink:

Thank you. I don't know if it's a credit to your costuming, my knowledge of all things geek, or both that I recognized all of your costumes without reading the captions.

Even Dawn? Well done, indeed, sir! She's a bit obscure for most!

Old West...

l_b6d60d852b9de13e22a12ead417ce122.jpg

BADGER! *ahem*

Halloween2006-a.jpg

That would be me as the Green Lantern, with my wife as Supergirl, and her best friend Jen as Batgirl. I think this is from two or three Halloween's ago.

Hauteness!

Edited by RedJessi

Oh, my goodness, I have a variety of costumes! I go to San Diego Comic Con every year dressed as something. This year I did both Disneyland Alice in Wonderland and adult Alice in Wonderland. The past 2 years I was Supergirl.

You can check out my photo album on my myspace. So many pix of a variety of costumes on there.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...iendID=50101242

Here's a few pix to give you an idea:

l_9056d42813bf47f180494945118cd5ea.jpg

My friend Deb in my old Catwoman costume and me as adult Alice in Wonderland

l_1ccce4e1037eb064042ec62c225bbdbe.jpg

Me as Supergirl with my friend Ron as Jack Sparrow

l_3ac955f7533b99528e04f0e667ac12b6.jpg

Me as Supergirl, my friend Vickie as Catwoman and my friend Katie as Batgirl

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

::::whimpers::: damnit. Wish I had pictures of my Star Trek uniforms. Tis a bummer I don't have them at all.

Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

My father and I out having fun. We dress up a bit when we shoot Single Action Army Ruger Vaqueros and of course the American Derringer from Waco Texas. This isnt for an event (we dont do events) ., we just believe in paying a bit of historical respect when firing our favorite cartridge weapons.

Me_Dad001.jpg

Several of my friends are into it as well here is Al dressed up paying homage to some R & R (Yes we shoot safe) the bottle is a prop ......., until the shootins over and the cleanning kits are out ., I cleanem ., (I trust me) ., Yes I drink while I am cleanin :rolleyes:

Me_Al001.jpg

4.gif

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

There are many other comic book girls I want to recreate - Scarlet Witch, Marvel Girl, the green and gold phoenix costume, Batgirl, and I am even thinking about the Tim Burton version of Catwoman. Lets not get into why I have a whole bunch of stretchable latex in my posession....

You really need to get on those right away... stop wasting time and start sewing.

:rolleyes:

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Nice. It works on multiple levels. I actually thought 'Firefly' first.

BING! When you have something that says Firefly, you really have to put it to good use, wouldn't you agree.

:rolleyes:

Some people say I look like Badger... ha... I see I can add another to the list.

:angry:

My Home on the Web

and Blackjohn. I love the derby.. And I didn't know you did WII stuff as well. That rocks

Thanks. It's sad... it's sitting in my library collecting dust... no wait, it's even more sad than that... it is now sitting on the hammock strung across the rafters of the storage room, where both are now collecting dust.

My Home on the Web