sexy accents

JohnnyTarr

I have talked to several friends from the Pub and all have told me I have no accent or it is so faint they cannot really hear it. I seemed to have escaped that southern drawl....

Your accent is very faint. If I didn't already know you were from Texas, I wouldn't have been able to tell. (Folks tell me the same thing about my Canadian accent - with few exceptions, the only folks who have recognised that I even had one were from Canada.)

I'm partial to Scottish and Australian accents myself.

RHJMap.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Jill! I love being from Texas, but the accent..no thanks! Now if I had a brit accent or something..that would be cool. Hmm maybe I should work on it...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

woah :rolleyes:

Impressivve...

I don't know whether to be jealous or scared..

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Liked the YouTube video ...that would be a challenge. I could likely do the name and where I was from with little effort. Could I carry on a conversation in all of them? Not without practice and s lot of listening. Then there is the question ...who will be the audience? I could pull it off in a community theatre production but would someone pay me to? I would like that. lol

For now I am concentrating on my Irish/Scott. I lean more towards the Irish but the Scott just creeps in because I use to speak to Callenish rather often. What I would really like to learn is the correct speech patterns of the GAoP for an Irish woman.

• 2 weeks later...
I have always like the southern bell accent from LA

Except for Valley Girls I don't think gals from LA have much of an accent.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

• 2 weeks later...

The issue of accents is one that has always got my goat. Y'see, I grew up in the Army...spent a year here, a year there...six or so months someplace else...long enough to pick up that particular region's accent and dialect, but not long enough to completely lose the previous accent. Before long, it all gets blended together. So I've been told its English, Irish, Scottish, French, Australian, Norwegian, German, and I'm sure I've forgotten some.

When my father retired from the Army and we entered that strange place called Civvie-Land, we moved from Oklahoma (Tulsa) up here to Ohio...and did I catch it from kids when I entered junior high school regarding my accent. To this day, "What's your accent" or Where are you from" is my absolute least favorite question. Esp since the family's been here since the 1630's

Still, stick on some Pyrate-Speak onto it, and I can *really* confuse people. I already do that by using "Aye" for "yes", but that's become more compulsive than deliberate.

Damn, thats sharp!

Well, I have an Irish accent meself.

I like many accents. Aussie, English, Scottish, Irish, French. :blink:

A pirate by heart, a pirate in my soul

I always steal whatever I need, no self-control

I always long to sail my ship and explore the sea

So you'd better beware me!

Because Captain Pirate is near. And a girl too so fear

Don't you dare to question me and I might let you live

I fight and kill those without skill

So surrender now...and bow!

Yah, well at leats dare ain no such ting as a MinnaSOHdah accent, ya know!

We don't actually all speak like the cast of Fargo, only about two thirds of us do. Sarah Palin's accent is pure rural Minnesota too, for some reason.

My French professor in college was Korean, and when I visited Montreal back then, people told me I spoke French with a Korean accent. I don't get much opportunity to speak French anymore, so it has probably reverted to an American accent again.

• 5 months later...

bumpity bump!

I am rather fond of the voice of my little Franco-Chinese friend.

No matter what she's talking about she always sounds like a randy Minnie Mouse (lol).

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

What a discourgement, I read "sexy accents" and was thinking clothing accents. However, on the "other" topic of accents I have none. Coming from California the "accent" is just plain english which when I was living in Spain for a summer I got complemented on many times as an American (they assumed most Americans don't have accents) as my english was much simpler to understand than most of the other english speaking tourists mainly from England and Australia. I think the entire time I was there I only came across a couple Americans and they happened to be on a boat as well and my neighbor living a mere 20 miles away. 2 boats, 1 has a home port od P.R. and the other Grand Cayman. Turns out they were both from the keys.

Now how about those sexy "clothing" accents?

id.jpg

Cindy Lauper, "time after time" . or BHP speaking softly in the early morning ,capt cabin HMS SURPRISE, water gently lapping at the under side of the stern. Don't know the exact accent, but I love the sound........

the further away from Scotland ye roam, the more Scottish ye become

I was living in Spain for a summer I got complemented on many times as an American (they assumed most Americans don't have accents) as my english was much simpler to understand than most of the other english speaking tourists mainly from England and Australia.

This in a way reminds me of a story. I had an uncle who married a German. Mind you this is 1946 and he marries her in Germany. Well, she learned English back in the days before everybody in Germany was speaking English. So, the availability of English instructors was very limited.

Anway, so he marries this German. A very nice lady but she spoke with a lisp. After a couple years of marriage turns out she did not have a lisp. Her English instructor had a lisp!

After some time of speaking English full time around native speakers the lisp went away on its own.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Thats too funny...my dad used to tell us how he tried and tried to teach his Hungarian mom to say "Veal"..theres no V in Hungarian just W.

My swedish grandmother always calld me and my brother Yon and Yenny..

I am a total sucker for a man with an accent....eek! :rolleyes:

I do love English and Scottish accents, a soft burr in my ear does wonders to my spirits. French and Spanish dont tickle my fancy as much, but I knew an Aussie and a Russian that could read the phone book and melt a womans defenses.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Cindy Lauper, "time after time" . or BHP speaking softly in the early morning ,capt cabin HMS SURPRISE, water gently lapping at the under side of the stern. Don't know the exact accent, but I love the sound........

Aye mate, your talking in yer sleep. Roll over, now.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Coming from California the "accent" is just plain english

Oh, EVERYONE has an accent, only question is from where. True, most folk who speak with something approaching the "New England television actor" accent assumes they have none, but they do. Even the Queen has an accent, and I'm told it's still her English.

Accents are fun, and I do so enjoy playing with them, and listening to those that play with them. Can't say too much that I have an actual favourite.

Me? Haligonian Nova Scotian accent, a sub-set of the many Canadian accents. Despite what South Park will tell you, there are as many regional accents in Canada as in the United States. Strange, i'n'it?

Scottish and Irish...woah :P

Just talk to me all day, I don't care what about...