Did you Survive PIP '08?

Cheeky Actress

Just wanted to let those whom I befriended down at PIP this year that I got home safe and sound last night. Other than flying circles around Milwaukee Airport for about 1/2 hour due to the snow storm that hit last night, I found myself pulling into my drive way at 11:30 pm.

This was my first PIP and I must say that I will be back! Between the people, the sites, and the never ending laughter, it has to be the top of top Pyrate Events I've been to.

For all of you who I met over the course of these past five days...you are now family (like it or not) and to those who jump on board and helped with EVERYTHING (that means, skits, meals, fires...and the list goes on) you are the best.

I plan to write more when I can. I am still trying to dig out at work (both in paperwork and in emails). I will post photos was soon as I down load them. Not as many as Papa Ratzi...but I'd say 262 isn't anything to sneeze at either.

More to follow soon....

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheeky,

I am so very glad you came this year, you are all your name implies and so much more dear girl. Oh the fun we'll have next year...

It will be great fun to recreate the hanging, for the general public. I think the comic relief lightens the whole thing, you were fabulous. I can't wait to see the photos!

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

We made it home....finally.

One minor fender bender in Marathon...

...realised we were missing a bag of camera gear....

...called everyone in my cell phone to track down said camera gear...

....a mad dash to get Patrick to the airport with only 30 measley minutes till his flight....

...Two hours of traffic in Miami after dropping him at the Continental gate....

...then 4 Dramamine every 3-4 hours for Kate...

And finally home. Clean. And tired.

BTW---I am terrified to open our garb bag based solely on the smell coming through the bag itself...

Banner.jpg

A fender bender? I didn't hear about that, Kate! I am glad everyone is ok.

I ended up extending my stay in Key West by a day, which was no big deal since I am not scheduled to close out my files until tomorrow and thus had the time to spare. Mr. Mission needed a ride to Miami to catch his flight - and so many people helped me out and answered my inane questions and gave me a tent to crawl into and loaned me pieces of clothing and taught me to fire a cannon and totally made me feel welcomed, that I wanted to help out too!

But, I have now arrived home, safe, sound and in one piece no less!

I will try to get to photos in the next few days - though I warn you that photography is NOT my forte at all - but I will likely write more then. For now - brain tired.

Survived, home last night at Nine o'clock. No incidents to report, just a routine seven hour drive. Shower at eleven. PiP doesn't end until you get the shower. Truck still not unpacked. Brain fatigued. Rum supply holding out. I will survive to go again next year.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

A fender bender? I didn't hear about that, Kate! I am glad everyone is ok.

It was quite literally a fender bender... There was a small crack in the plastic coating over my fender and a chip out of the corner of the plastic cover over the turn signal on my vehicle, the other vehicle had some scraped paint and a few plastic clip snapped. The bump happened in a parking lot at a whopping speed of about 2 or 3 miles an hour.... :lol: The 24 hour drive has me more shaken up than that little incident... Although I would very much like to hear if Patrick made his flight or not... We did only get him to the airport about 20 to 30 mins before his flight was scheduled and he still had to make it through security... In his garb... :lol:

Michael_banner.jpg

Yikes on that minor fender bender Micheal! I'm glad you all are alright. Now that leaves me curious about Patrick as well. :lol:

I see this year's PiP was a first for many of us. Honestly it felt like I'd been there before after several days of hanging out with the crewes. You all made me feel very welcome, and I appreciated the shelter I was given, stories regaled to me, advice on kit and gear, and everything else that I experienced. And I loved the various roles so many of you took on; very entertaining and educational. I really wish it didn't have to end. :lol:

I'm glad I found a local crew to take up reenactment with...I can't wait for their upcoming events! :D

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

I made it home after having to take a nap half way through the drive and drinking a 5 hour energy drink.

I was so happy to meet you Cheeky, it was wonderful getting to spend some time with you!!

Sheila forever!

Green, it's not a color, it'a obsession!!!

I made it home in a whopping 7 hours and that is with stopping for all the tolls. My transponder ran out of money on the way down. No accidents or mishaps. I did misplace my phone charger but it was found by one of our crewe. Like Jim said, PIP's not over until the shower. Iseemsfunny not to smell like wood smoke.

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

I finally made it home this evening. It took three days and I only live 2 miles from the Fort. Oh well, breakdown seems to take longer when you have lost all shred of sanity. Glad to hear that the bent fender was only minor and everyone is well. Thanks to all and we wish everyone a safe year and a QUICK return to PIP. The countdown to the 10th Anniversary has begun! Can't wait to see you all again.

gracie and i are home. sterling and his snotties (whom were dubiously named on the way home phlem and lugie) and silkie are headed to c'ville for the night. off to bed more later

Glad to hear you made it back, did cousin Robbie get car sick or just spend the whole trip licking the window? BTW...Whitch one is Phlem and whitch one is Lugie?

gracie and i are home. sterling and his snotties (whom were dubiously named on the way home phlem and lugie) and silkie are headed to c'ville for the night. off to bed more later

Glad to hear you made it back, did cousin Robbie get car sick or just spend the whole trip licking the window? BTW...Whitch one is Phlem and whitch one is Lugie?

Josh Merriweather is Phlem

Sean Merriweather is Lugie

we are hoping to recruit a new snottie shortly...to be known henceforth as Booger.

Home, going to bed..

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I just got in....

I would have made my flight if it wasn't for the weapons chest.... They just couldn't get it checked and on the plane in time... I was in such a rush to get aboard my flight, that I forgot to give Michael the $30.00 I had in my pocket for gas....... SO I had to stay over in Miami (I did get a shower last night so I was no longer stinky....)

I fiddled around all morning... shaved took another shower and trimmed my hair, kinda evened it up a little bit...then caught a flight out of Miami at 3:00.... but because of the thunderstorms in Huston, I missed my flight again..... I had time for a smoke before my next flight, but just as I got to the gate.... they changed it to one four concourses over.... kinda difficult walking on polished concrete with leather soled shoes (you kinda have to shuffle along... just like walking on ice...) It is fun hearing the children when they see a Pyrate in the Airport ..... Arrived in Sacramento at Midnight, and drove home.

I wanted to let everyone know that I got home safely... I had a great time, and will read and post some more tomorrow after I get some sleep....

We are safely home as well ~ managed to beat the snowstorm that was brewing over O'Hare by minutes. The rain was changing to snow even as we were leaving the plane.

Yes, Patrick ~ Agreed regarding the shoes! Only, my new Loyalist's are hobnailed as well ~ no big strides on polished surfaces ~ I almost voided the warranty on my hip replacement in Miami when I skidded in their concourse... What is worse ~ Mark was on my left when I did... I almost grabbed the arm that had surgery :o

Hey, Diosa ~ would you like a snowman? Weather looks beautiful down there, please send warm thoughts up north!

Miss you All already ~ thank you for being such wonderful friends!

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

I think I'm still recovering...having that much fun is exhausting. :o I can't wait for next year.

Mae and I had an uneventful trip home, fueled on junk food, deafening music, and iced coffee. There's Key West sand all in my car, and I can't quite convince myself that I need to vacuum it out. :o

Oh, how beautiful it used to be

Just you and me, far beyond the sea

-Nightwish

Alice Mason, Crewe of the Archangel

Hey, Diosa ~ would you like a snowman? Weather looks beautiful down there, please send warm thoughts up north!

Sure! I have only seen snow two times in my life... both times were just a dusting, but I did try to scoop enough together to make a little snowman...He was about 4 inches tall :)

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Glad to hear Patrick made it home in one peice I was personally kinda worried .... don't wanna go to work either...

Hey Nick,

You might want to introduce yourself... Absolutely no one here will have the slightest idea who or what you are until you attach a profile picture and introduce yoruself.... NS_477 says absolutely nothing about who you are.... Cheers.

Glad to hear you made it home Patrick, sorry about the delays. Glad to hear the other who were travelling distances as well are starting to roll into home.

Oh, and also a BIG THANK YOU to those who found the camera bag for Nick and Ashley and kept it safe and made arrangements to have it shipped back!!!

Edited by michaelsbagley
Michael_banner.jpg

I just got in....

I would have made my flight if it wasn't for the weapons chest.... They just couldn't get it checked and on the plane in time... I was in such a rush to get aboard my flight, that I forgot to give Michael the $30.00 I had in my pocket for gas....... SO I had to stay over in Miami (I did get a shower last night so I was no longer stinky....)

I fiddled around all morning... shaved took another shower and trimmed my hair, kinda evened it up a little bit...then caught a flight out of Miami at 3:00.... but because of the thunderstorms in Huston, I missed my flight again..... I had time for a smoke before my next flight, but just as I got to the gate.... they changed it to one four concourses over.... kinda difficult walking on polished concrete with leather soled shoes (you kinda have to shuffle along... just like walking on ice...) It is fun hearing the children when they see a Pyrate in the Airport ..... Arrived in Sacramento at Midnight, and drove home.

I wanted to let everyone know that I got home safely... I had a great time, and will read and post some more tomorrow after I get some sleep....

Oh Patrick....I am so sorry. We should have kept the box and shipped it home to you. I remembered you had said that you had problems getting it on before! Despite all of that....it was so wonderful to meet you and I still have bragging rights about my little private tour of Key West by Patrick Hand!

Banner.jpg

BTW---I am terrified to open our garb bag based solely on the smell coming through the bag itself...

You know....that garb bag may have some of Maddogge's stuff in it....hence the terrifying smell

His stuff is still all in the van. It's wet, sandy wool....and it's now on the spin cycle in the washer and about to be hung up to dry.

I've cleaned my gun....

And everything else is in the car. We're so lazy.

Banner.jpg