Roll Call 2009

William Brand

William please add Cheeky to the roll call

Yes, do add me to the list please. Thank you Captain!

Oh, good, you'll be there again...I'll be lurking for you...Mwahahahaha!

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

• 3 weeks later...

Oh William~

Please OFFICIALLY add us to the list! Crewe of the Sacred Heart:

Fayma Callahan "Mama Ratzy"

Tony Callahan "Poppa Ratzy"

Mojito (Me right arm, of course ye will be wit the crewe!!)

Morgan Drake

John

These are all plus our Stumbles and his lady who have already posted to the thread. There may be more to come, as there is much interest in our crewe these days!

Let's keep those numbers up!

That's the main reason we abandoned them this year... they were getting sticky.

Next year we plan on hitting Animal with real ones... far more fun (and deserved) :)

-- Hurricane

right then, extra cooler for the sugar glass

Oi, Sterling!!! I thought your posted somewhere that you might start liking me??? :P I think you are getting closer. I love the feel of sugar glass hitting me 'ead in da morning :P

Feels like I'm liked :P

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

'Oi, Sterling!!! I thought your posted somewhere that you might start liking me??? :P I think you are getting closer. I love the feel of sugar glass hitting me 'ead in da morning :P

Who needs Sterling? That stodgy old pirate hunter...I like ya! Here's proof:

3098990134_6f46381e9a.jpg

You'll never have a better friend than the Mercury ship's surgeon. It'll get you right to the front of the line when the amputations and mercury applications begin.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

'Oi, Sterling!!! I thought your posted somewhere that you might start liking me??? :P I think you are getting closer. I love the feel of sugar glass hitting me 'ead in da morning :P

Who needs Sterling? That stodgy old pirate hunter...I like ya! Here's proof:

3098990134_6f46381e9a.jpg

You'll never have a better friend than the Mercury ship's surgeon. It'll get you right to the front of the line when the amputations and mercury applications begin.

Ahhh thank ye mate!!!! If ever I am in the need of pain and torture, ye be the first I come to :huh:

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

I will always be there with my camera in tow.

And so will Johnny. He's hooked for life.

Although, next year I'm going to plan on being there longer so I can actually enjoy some time with my fellow pirates, rather than just running my butt off the whole time saying hi and things in passing.

.....and I need a new hat. :P

Hugs and Rum

Morgan Drake

• 2 weeks later...
Count on myself and dear Mark to attend as well ~

Much gratitude to Edward and Dutch for the canvas! I believe my wonderful hubby has plans on a birthday present of a tent for this year ~

I know the rest of the brethren think we Pirates of the Dark Rose don't want to play with the rest, but I truely just have not been following the Pyracy Pub until now. So........yes, Crudbeard, Bloodthirsty, Oreo, and hopefully some of the rest of our crew are definitely planning to see tha rest o ya next year. As ta where we camp, having a tent inside is rather handy for the cannons, but the beach seems like a fun place ta be as well. Mebbe we will do both.

Crudbeard

Much gratitude to Edward and Dutch for the canvas! I believe my wonderful hubby has plans on a birthday present of a tent for this year ~

I know the rest of the brethren think we Pirates of the Dark Rose don't want to play with the rest, but I truely just have not been following the Pyracy Pub until now. So........yes, Crudbeard, Bloodthirsty, Oreo, and hopefully some of the rest of our crew are definitely planning to see tha rest o ya next year. As ta where we camp, having a tent inside is rather handy for the cannons, but the beach seems like a fun place ta be as well. Mebbe we will do both.

Crudbeard

Welcome Aboard! So glad to see you here ~

A dilemma, indeed ~ close to your big brassy babies, or out on the beach having fun? HA! Bring the babies to the beach ~ we'll treat 'em well. :blink:

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Crudbeard

Welcome Aboard! So glad to see you here ~

A dilemma, indeed ~ close to your big brassy babies, or out on the beach having fun? HA! Bring the babies to the beach ~ we'll treat 'em well. :blink:

Indeed, welcome to the Pub, to you and yer crew.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Crudbeard

Well, well, well, look who's FINALLY here! Welcome to the pub!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

The Sacred Heart Crewe will be in the fort, in the same location as last year. It seems it worked out well to have a "way station" for wayward pyrates and their belongings between battles and trips to the pub and privy. Would love the beach, but someone has to hold down the fort! Besides, we liked all the company we received!!!

Glad to see ye Crudbeard! Welcome aboard!

Crudbeard

HA! Knew you would come to the dark side! So glad to have you amoung the "bad guys". Give Bloodthursty a hug for me ...get one from her for me too! lol Can't wait to play next year! I wanna be on a cannon crew ...should have been this year but I wasn't feeling too well ...next year

Who needs Sterling?

So far only the snotties, but I'm working on fixing that...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

So glad to have you amoung the "bad guys".

Bad guys?? Who? Ye cheery, happy go lucky pirates??? PLEASEEEEE!

Crewe of the Archangel

The Sacred Heart Crewe will be in the fort, in the same location as last year. It seems it worked out well to have a "way station" for wayward pyrates and their belongings between battles and trips to the pub and privy. Would love the beach, but someone has to hold down the fort! Besides, we liked all the company we received!!! ...
Both good and ban news as I see it. Nice to have a place to grab a seat ...I said "a" seat not "his seat" Nell! Any way, the bad part is that you won't be on the beach. ;) Well, we will have to make sure you come visit and visa versa. I am hoping I have more energy next year.

Who needs Sterling?
So far only the snotties, but I'm working on fixing that...
Well, I wouldn't say I NEED you but I do like traveling with you (although I do seem to sleep alot on the way home) and your crew ...well, they at least have coin to spend at the "Hide".

Permission to come aboard, Mon Capitans

This PIP will be mi first big event and I am very excited. I put together my kit for it now and wish it ready for then. I want to know what I will need to bring to help with encampment. I have oiled canvas for cover to which I am now handstiching line and grommet. Next, a basic kit.

Boniface "Boncoeurs" Coeurloupe

"Le Coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaƮt point"

Permission to come aboard, Mon Capitans

This PIP will be mi first big event and I am very excited. I put together my kit for it now and wish it ready for then. I want to know what I will need to bring to help with encampment. I have oiled canvas for cover to which I am now handstiching line and grommet. Next, a basic kit.

Rum...bring rum.

I took a ton of pics of encampments if you want to see what people had there for ideas. You will find them here. Captain Sophia M. Eisley also took several which you can view starting here.

You'll want a period-type bowl and utensil (a spoon will usually serve well). Of course, you can buy that from the vendors in a pinch. Presuming Silkie does the Sealkies Hide Ordinary next year, you really don't need food. There was always food around this year. Silkie done right by us pirates.

Yep, bring rum. Good sipping rum. That and a good disposition and you'll make friends quickly. (Guard your hat, though.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I found that Target often sells plates and bowls made of acacia wood for a decent price. Far as utensils go, the vendors at the event (including willie wobble) have great ones at reasonable prices.

Welcome to the event list, Boncoeurs. PiP is a fantastic experience, and the more the merrier. :)

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

I found that Target often sells plates and bowls made of acacia wood for a decent price. Far as utensils go, the vendors at the event (including willie wobble) have great ones at reasonable prices.

Welcome to the event list, Boncoeurs. PiP is a fantastic experience, and the more the merrier. :)

I've had some good luck at Hellmart (Walmart) for wooden bowls and plates, usually between $4 and $8 in some interesting shapes and sizes.

Michael_banner.jpg

...Presuming Silkie does the Sealkies Hide Ordinary next year, you really don't need food. There was always food around this year. Silkie done right by us pirates.

I will have the "Hide" again.

I will not be organizing a breakfast but now that I know how to bank the fire there will be hot coals. Anyone who wishes to use the fire is more than welcome.

There will not be lunches. I would like to have cheeses, eggs, fruit, (fresh & dried) nuts etc but I can't foot the bill. This year was taken care of by a gracious benefactor. I hadn't planned on their generocity and had they not been so kind I would have been out money I didn't have.

5:30 meals will be served each day. I have to finalize he plans but there were crews that volunteered for each meal. i am hoping that this means every evening meal will be like 2008 Saturday meal was. Plenty of food, serving wenches & large crowds.

There will be a new thread in a few months discussing this all ...unless you think I should start one now.

Rum...bring rum.

Yep, bring rum. Good sipping rum. That and a good disposition and you'll make friends quickly. (Guard your hat, though.)

Mon Chapeau!? But why?

Rhum... yes, I can bring it. And good rhum too... dark rhum vieux du Martinique!

I worry about finishing my canvas tent, but with good rhum, one needs no other shelter.

Edited by Boncoeurs

Boniface "Boncoeurs" Coeurloupe

"Le Coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaƮt point"