Roll Call 2009

William Brand

WOW!! That sounds great!!

I hope you got plenty of pics!! Can't wait to hear more!!!

OK gotta go and finish packing. We're leaving tomorrow morn!

I don't know about anyone else...

But I plan... TO MISBEHAVE!!!!!!

Yeah, it was my first real vacation in 7 years ("real" denoting that it lasted longer than a weekend, as my usual excursions from the working world are no longer than Friday, Saturday, Sunday - as pip will be). I was there for 16 glorious days, and had a wonderful time. Even with all the flooding!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Many reasons, none of which are really important. Perhaps if we (my wife and I) had a ride down things might be different but my heart just isn't in it as much as it was.

I would think the new shiney sword that awaits you would motivate! Let me know if you are not coming down because I know everyone will be fighting over your cutlass and I will sell it and make you another if you cant make it. Im evil like that.

Ill be there tomorrow afternoon, I got most of the projects finished. Missed finishing 2 guns but oh well but I did get Shay's gun to a firing/"finished" state (all that needs doing is a ramrod and the groove the one Ihave is too small and notlong enough) as well as Dave's pistol almost finished (I want to build a better trigger and get her to fit in the stock a little better) except for some cosmetic work. The 2 I did not finish were my Wife's duckbill pistol (I had about a days worth of work left) and grenade launcher which I had hoped to sell (also had about a days worth of work)

Edited by vintagesailor
id.jpg

Rats, Matty Bottles and B-man Brian made it into Milwauke about 11pm-ish...

I also have to say that I already miss my dysfunctional pyrate family!!

sig2.jpg

You totally rock, my dear goddess O'the bodice!! And what a great job with the walk the plank gig!!

Also a big thanks for agreeing to narrate our battle!!!!

I too am home, safe and sound.... but missing all of the pirate family :D

sig2.jpg

You totally rock, my dear goddess O'the bodice!! And what a great job with the walk the plank gig!!

Also a big thanks for agreeing to narrate our battle!!!!

Thank for you all letting me! It was fantastic! That was really the best battle ever, I think! Kudos to Dogge and the rest of you that came up with it! It was so much fun to watch and hoot and holler like a crazy woman who was kind of narrating, kind of heckling and all over having a wonderful time with the audience!

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Boy, I wish I would have heard that narration. It sounded like it was really funny. If anyone has any recollections of it, please post them.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Well since I did the 'narrating'... how bout my recollection?

I was dressed as a lady for this particular afternoon (I do believe this was the day that Sterling almost lost his breath seeing my head actually covered....for once....)

Cascabel was also up on the wall, so I allowed him to do the bulk of the 'serious battle' talk, while I added 'color' to the conversation by talking about the people on the field and getting them involved.

It began with me getting a large portion of the crowd to bellow 'YooooHooooo Captain Sterrrrrlinggggg! It's your Mayan Mistress!" as I waved from the wall to Sterling on the field as the battle began...

There was selecting which of the pirates I would make a 'good match' with were Sterling to fall in battle(as a lady needs to make sure she is kept in the manner in which she wishes to be accustomed)

A very threatening and intimidating "shoo shoo pirates!!! Go home now!" as I tried to save the fort and get the audience to back me up...

and then the audience quickly trying to make me look like a pirate to save my very life as the pirates took over. Some nice tourist was even was so kind as to tie her skull and crossbones sash around my head...then took my modesty cloth and tied it like a bandana...

Finally I scampered around trying to talk like a pirate... saying 'raaar' as they all worked with me to teach me how to properly say 'arrr' and convince the pirates I was on their side all along.

I must say, the audience was fantastic! they jumped in and did goofy things with me and that just encouraged me to do more as long as they would keep up!

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Thanks Diosa! Personally, I think that should become a staple of the event, with a serious commentary and a color commentator as you describe. I doubt most of the public really understands what's going on during a battle. Movies and TV are so precise in the way they cut between actions and reactions that folks probably need some form of explanation to keep up with everything that's going on during our sort of big, harem scarem action. Most probably don't even know what they're looking at and are just taking photos of cannons and individuals. (And humor is always good to help coax the education along.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

CURSE YOU DIOSA!!!! KEPPING THE BLACK MAN DOWN! NNNOO MORE WILL I SIT IDLY BY, AND LET YOU MUM THE BLACK MANS MOUTH AT THE WALK THE PLANK!!!! NNOO MMOORREEE....after that auction....bets are off....... oh..and i <3 you and your boobies Diosa.....

-Israel Cross-

- Boatswain of the Archangel - .

Colonial Seaport Foundation

Crew of the Archangel

Thanks Diosa! Personally, I think that should become a staple of the event, with a serious commentary and a color commentator as you describe. I doubt most of the public really understands what's going on during a battle. Movies and TV are so precise in the way they cut between actions and reactions that folks probably need some form of explanation to keep up with everything that's going on during our sort of big, harem scarem action. Most probably don't even know what they're looking at and are just taking photos of cannons and individuals. (And humor is always good to help coax the education along.)

I agree with you. It went very well! I think they were more involved than I have ever seen them as I made the people on the field have names, faces, personalities, and Cascabel could explain the serious stuff. The people continues to follow me down when the pirates took over the site and kept with the story and were defending me as a 'now pirate' and it kept them going. I have already volunteered to do that role again next year. Talk to Cascabel or someone on the serious side and we're ready to go!

CURSE YOU DIOSA!!!! KEPPING THE BLACK MAN DOWN! NNNOO MORE WILL I SIT IDLY BY, AND LET YOU MUM THE BLACK MANS MOUTH AT THE WALK THE PLANK!!!! NNOO MMOORREEE....after that auction....bets are off....... oh..and i <3 you and your boobies Diosa.....

Ah Cross, you know I love you babe! Despite that you were trying to get me strung up in my own event :) Don't give me that oppression crying tale... You know, if it weren't for the fact that I'm so damn irresistible I would have been slaughtered with the rest of my people.... So, I don't wanna hear your whining about being 'kept down'. At least you're still breathing....

:*

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Though we left first thing (it was almost 12 noon) Monday, we arrived back in Georgia late last night, Tuesday. We spent the night before at Janny Wurts & Don Matz's house before concluding our trip.

I didn't really get the chance to say my good byes, much less hellos - this year sorta a sucked that way for me.

Anyway, I'm trashed and will catch up with everyone later.

Hope somebody drank that grog. . .

I helped get it around. It was a hard sell at first, but...well read the journal. :rolleyes:

Mission_banner5.JPG

Though we left first thing (it was almost 12 noon) Monday, we arrived back in Georgia late last night, Tuesday. We spent the night before at Janny Wurts & Don Matz's house before concluding our trip.

I didn't really get the chance to say my good byes, much less hellos - this year sorta a sucked that way for me.

Anyway, I'm trashed and will catch up with everyone later.

Let a guy know when you'll be in the neighborhood next time. I live about 15 miles from Janny and Don.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I got home today around 2PM or so. I am glad I was able to take my time traveling. Spent the night a Sterlings then headed home this morning. I should have one into work tonight but I decided that the extra day off would be a good idea. I will go in tomorrow then I am off on Friday again! lol

My legs and feet are also swollen. Far too much sitting. And the bug bites are ITCHY!

All in all a grand time with friends and family!

Aye-aye Jim, that be sounding like a plan!

. . . probably makes more sense to post this here in the correct topic.

I did wonder about that...

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

the Callenish crew got home last night around 9 PM ...This year was even better than last in a lot of ways, so many wonderful friends and family ...we discussed all our plans for next year's PIP(we need a bigger trailer) :(

Edited by callenish gunner