Dead Man's Chest 2009

Captain Jim

Someone told me the DMC auction raised about $600 this year. So I'll bet they'll be doing that again... :D

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Evening, All ~

I would like to extend my deepest Thanks to everyone who participated in Dead Man's Chest this year. I would like to especially thank Chrispy ~ You are an Amazing Auctioneer, and the $620+ raised are in large part due to your fast and fun style.

To all who were not there ~ the evening was a side-splitting event, including the auction of one Mr. Cross, by Mr. William Red Wake, as well as the auction of a Kiss, by Mr. Pick Pocket Pete, received by Mr. Cross. I recall someone floating around with a video camera, but do not know who... once I have photos downloaded, I will post a few here.

Thank you again to everyone for making this last minute event a great evening!

YHS,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

My appologies folks. I was not able to get stuff ready in time to send, and cannot afford to overnight express this time. This is the week before finals, which is of course next week, and I just did not have time, with the horses and firewood, and school, to get it done. Guess I'll just rat-hole stuff for next year. sorry.

Bo

Capt. Bo ~

Please do not apologize! Your contributions are always welcome, and it is the thought that counts. Indeed, as Mission said, the success we had with such a last minute gathering almost certainly guarantees this will be an event again in the future.

YHS,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

I second marys comments crispy, you were absolutely wonderful, i dare say mission should investigate your hearing....a good leg sawn off should fix that right up!.......i do pray no other hilarious "handicaps" befall you next year..........

-Israel Cross-

- Boatswain of the Archangel - .

Colonial Seaport Foundation

Crew of the Archangel

Capt. Bo ~

Please do not apologize! Your contributions are always welcome, and it is the thought that counts. Indeed, as Mission said, the success we had with such a last minute gathering almost certainly guarantees this will be an event again in the future.

YHS,

Mary Diamond

I still feel badly for missing the boat on this. I will contact Fayma and see if she is willing to hold this stuff for next year so it will already be there ahead of time. Glad all went well and everyone seems to have had a grand time of it.

Bo

I believe I shall search for a pewter clyster syringe for next year's auction on eBay. If I can find one of those self-administering kits for a reasonable price (say...less than $50), I will make it a point to get that. I'm sure that's just what everyone is hoping to find up for auction next year...

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

HUH! Whaaat! i swear you bid fifteen for the kiss....LOL!

.........hhuummmm.....you might be right.................i dont remember lolol....i was ..distracted...didnt care about the price......lol ....NEED PICS OF THAT!!!!

-Israel Cross-

Crew of the Archangel

.........hhuummmm.....you might be right.................i dont remember lolol....i was ..distracted...didnt care about the price......lol ....NEED PICS OF THAT!!!!

No he bid $12 and btw, that would be ...ahem... my money.... :D

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

No he bid $12 and btw, that would be ...ahem... my money.... :D

I DIDNT mean that i didnt care about how much of your money i spent my lord........simply that i was caught up in the passion of the moment....my heart had swooned..........*runs off to hide the whip

-Israel Cross-

Crew of the Archangel

• 4 weeks later...

Man, I was going to try and get this for the auction next year (what sailor wouldn't want to have one of THESE in his chest?), but it got too expensive. Ah, well. I'll keep a weather eye...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170425365249&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Mission_banner5.JPG

~~~ cringe ~~~

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.